No CD in vRS

Didn't even think to look or ask tbqh,, as I just assumed there'd be one!  :no:

Call me old fashioned, I care not, but I have a fine collection, and have been playing them in the car for years, so, has anybody else got around this problem by fitting a multi changer under the seat or in the boot?

I haven't got an i pod,,,sorry but it's true, and wouldn't have a clue what to do with a an sd card....not really that interested either truth be known.

Is there no CD slot in the glovebox above where the SD card goes?

No, and the salesman confirmed after I dragged him back out that Skoda no longer fit a cd player as they are basically, 'old hat'.

I was absolutely staggered, and sat there with my mouth wide open speechless, gawping at him, as it's an item I have just taken for granted.

I think he found it and me quite amusing tbh.

Is there no CD slot in the glovebox above where the SD card goes?

When I initially looked in the glove box, I thought, oh, good, it's got a multi changer built in, as that unit for the sd and sat nav card is big enough.

It just did not register when I initially looked at it, I mean, why is it SO big anyway?

I'm perplexed and a tad disappointed if I'm honest.

Edited by Adenuf

Fitting a multi changer would be much more complicated/expensive than using an SD card etc... Think you'd be surprised how simple it is to do and much more convenient in the long run

i won't even mention my secret desire to have a cassette player lurking around hidden away to save embarrassment , to enable me to play all my old toons from the 70's. :D

• Like 2

When I initially looked in the glove box, I thought, oh, good, it's got a multi changer built in, as that unit for the sd and sat nav card is big enough.

It just did not register when I initially looked at it, I mean, why is it SO big anyway?

I'm perplexed and a tad disappointed if I'm honest.

The unit in the glovebox is basically (spending on spec) the radio / sat nav / CD/DVD player etc, what you see in the dash is purely a thin screen.

The unit in the glovebox is basically (spending on spec) the radio / sat nav / CD/DVD player etc, what you see in the dash is purely a thin screen.

As I say though....no slot for cd's.

MUST stress that everything else is absolutely bob on and so far, exceeding expectations , before anyone asks why did I buy it then?

Fitting a multi changer would be much more complicated/expensive than using an SD card etc... Think you'd be surprised how simple it is to do and much more convenient in the long run

Would it really be that difficult to link one up do you reckon?

It's doable but would have to run the cables etc for it... So lifting carpet/trim where necessary. Also not sure on the inputs, not usually as simply as it would be for an aftermarket head unit.

Honestly putting your CDs on an SD card would be far more simple. You could probably put your entire collection on one card!!

Edited by NikEd
  • Like 2

Not fitted CD players since middle of last year. Initially it irritated me (admittedly whilst I was waiting for my new car) but once I took delivery and formatted an SD card, I'm now converted. Get onboard, it's the future. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My previous Golf Mk5 had a 6 cd multi-changer, I also used to cart around 50 or so albums on cd. That was about 10 years ago. I now have about 500 albums loaded onto an old ipod, takes up far less space and I don't need to faff about swapping discs over.

My 15 plate vrs does have a cd slot in the glove box, but in the 10 or so months I've had the car it's never occurred to me to use it as the ipod solution is so much better. It's probably also quicker and cheaper than getting a multi-changer fitted. SD cards are cheaper still, you can pick up a reasonable size quality card for around a tenner and copy several discs over in minutes. In my opinion though SD cards aren't quite as intuitive to use as an ipod.

Having had the Superb for 23 months now I can safely say it's never had a CD in the Columbus.... It has a DVD left in there to keep the little 'un amused when we are parked up outside a supermarket etc.... but that's it. All the music I listen to initially went on the HDD but now I just use an SD card instead to save on transferring it twice (from PC to SD card then SD card to Columbus HDD).

It might seem like a big thing but it's only the same as when you first had a car with just a CD player and no cassette deck. ;)

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

MY16, no longer fitted with cd player.

Search and there is one massive thread about it, as some people including myself was not aware if this change on order.

My NZ spec 2016 (Columbus) has the CD/DVD slot.

Picked up my 65 plate octavia se l yesterday and that doesn't have a cd player either so copied all my cds this morning - much easier(and safer!) having an SD card as opposed to trying to lean across to the glove compartment to change cds

• Like 2

A mate of mine test rode an Octavia, really liked it but then found out he couldnt get a CD option so ended up getting an Astra which he admits isnt a patch on the Octy but he MUST have a CD player, I dunno some people are funny.

Picked up my 65 plate octavia se l yesterday and that doesn't have a cd player either so copied all my cds this morning - much easier(and safer!) having an SD card as opposed to trying to lean across to the glove compartment to change cds

Copied them all in a morning?!

How many?

How long to do each one?

How do you do it then, as I don't appear to have an sd slot in my pooter, and even my youngest who is reasonably up to speed on these matters  doesn't know either!  :no:

Trouble is, unlike a cd case, you can't see what you are about to play.

Separate sd card for each cd, and then write on the box in tiny tiny writing is my only thought perhaps?

In that case, I'm going to have approx 70 tiny sd card boxes in my glovebox!  :x

I'm really not liking the idea of this format, but I DO appreciate that you lot do seem to, and yes, I also appreciate the space they save and also that presumably they can't get damaged during normal use?

Edited by Adenuf