The 230 Club, who's in...............

Got a call yesterday sating my 230 is on the truck and heading over. It could be up to a week and a half until I get my hands on it though. What do the dealers do that takes a week to prep a car?

I've often wondered the same. Mine arrived at the Dealer last Thursday and I'm picking it up Monday   :dance:  Quick turn around 

What colour have you gone for Mr Lime ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Got a call yesterday sating my 230 is on the truck and heading over. It could be up to a week and a half until I get my hands on it though. What do the dealers do that takes a week to prep a car?

I've often wondered the same. Mine arrived at the Dealer last Thursday and I'm picking it up Monday   :dance:  Quick turn around 

What colour have you gone for Mr Lime ?

Meteor Grey.

I'm kind of hoping it will be more towards a week and a half because then I get paid before they take the final deposit.

I'd wager the issue isn't that it takes a week to prep your car alone. But they won't just have your car. They'll have loads of others to do as well.

I'd wager the issue isn't that it takes a week to prep your car alone. But they won't just have your car. They'll have loads of others to do as well.

Fair point. I'd guess the entire truck load is heading for the same showroom.

Don't get them to prep it! Will be ruined! Better off doing it yourself. Had mine delivered still with all plastics on! It's amazing what damage a dealer prep can do. They can't be trusted, and that's the same for BMW, Audi, vw, you name it!

Mr Goldfinger is picking up his 230 on Monday

Will it need running in or thrash it from new.............................

Maybe you should treat it as if you own it, it's not an airport rental is it now?

I've just picked up my leon 290st and told by Seat mastertech it's fine to thrash it, I haven't tho and don't intend to for at least 500 miles

Yeah, a Ford Master Technician told me to drive my Focus ST 250bhp "like you've stolen it" because the engine is built to accommodate that style of driving.

I still take it moderately sensibly (700 miles on the clock) and won't really open her up until I hit 1,000 miles.

Mr Goldfinger is picking up his 230 on Monday

Will it need running in or thrash it from new.............................

Maybe you should treat it as if you own it, it's not an airport rental is it now?

I assume your talking about the 230 and not Mrs G.............. :wait:

I assume your talking about the 230 and not Mrs G.............. :wait:

Of course, this is a Skoda forum,  not a marriage guidance outfit.....

I've never come across the "rent a wife" concept before, how would it work?

Probably cheaper than divorce though........

Enjoy your new car,  DC

If you looked at a brand new bore under a microscope it resembles the rocky mountains. If you want an engine to last and perform it must be run in with care. The first 100 miles are critical. Excess heat and expansion, causing excess wear and scoring can easily be caused by thrashing a brand new engine. The fact they burn oil for the first couple of K tells you that the rings don't have a perfect seal. Anyone who claims to be a mechanic and tells you it's ok to thrash a brand new engine (which are all the same be it 100hp or 230hp or 250hp in the case of the Ford) should not be in the business. Ask them who informed them of this ?

Someone said "has anyone put them on a rolling road?" The answer is yes, Superchips put all cars onto a rolling road before they map them. Just check out the Octavia or Golf 230.

I found the problem with my DAB radio. It was the 12 volt plug in usb adaptor I use because I don't like the apple play software from the built in usb. The adaptor was generating excess RFI which easily wipes out DAB signals. If your having trouble with DAB reception and use a 12 volt charging adaptor, unplug it and see what happens.

The fact they burn oil for the first couple of K tells you that the rings don't have a perfect seal. Anyone who claims to be a mechanic and tells you it's ok to thrash a brand new engine (which are all the same be it 100hp or 230hp or 250hp in the case of the Ford) should not be in the business. Ask them who informed them of this ?

In my case, I'm guessing the Ford Master Technician got his advice from Ford?  It's a very robust ("unbreakable" according to Honest John) engine so I suspect his intentions were honourable.

In fairness, only a nutter thrashes a new engine in a private vehicle.......unless he's on a 3yr PCP and knows he's going to hand it back at the end of the term.

In my case, I'm guessing the Ford Master Technician got his advice from Ford?  It's a very robust ("unbreakable" according to Honest John) engine so I suspect his intentions were honourable.

In fairness, only a nutter thrashes a new engine in a private vehicle.......unless he's on a 3yr PCP and knows he's going to hand it back at the end of the term.

I am on a 3 year PCP, and will be handing mine back

Well it's been 5 years since I dropped the old Fabia vRS (and the last time I was here).Picked up my shiney new black Octavia vRS 230 estate this morning. First port of call has been to check back into the Briskoda community!

Loving the car so far - had a grin on my face all the way back from the dealers (which considering it was the M6 most of the way is a feat in itself). First impressions are really good and the boot space is amazing compared to the Volvo C30 T5 that I just got rid of. Can't wait to get it run in so i can give it a really good thrashing!

• Like 2

Had a message from DVLA to confirm details of my 230 so it must be in the country? Hayseldens have not updated me yet as the guy dealing with me is on holiday so no idea what is happening!

@marko I think we are in the same batch. Mine was ordered mid-august and was also built last week.

I'll keep you posted on any updates I get, they are probably same as you would get :p

Though there is one question- are north or south? It will govern the delivery port (and time) I think.

Hi LemonLime, have you heard anything about your 230 yet? I had an email today from Hayseldens asking me to sign a DVLA form confirming details of new car along with a reg plate! I signed it and emailed it back but not sure where my car is! must be getting close if they have registered it today?

Mark

Mark.