The 230 Club, who's in...............

Hi LemonLime, have you heard anything about your 230 yet? I had an email today from Hayseldens asking me to sign a DVLA form confirming details of new car along with a reg plate! I signed it and emailed it back but not sure where my car is! must be getting close if they have registered it today?

Mark

Mark.

I got a call on Friday saying it was on a transporter in the country and heading to the dealer. I was told it would probably be available for collection towards the end of this week/start of next week. I've not had any emails about the DVLA or registration.

Which I am getting a little worried about because I want to start phoning around for insurance, but for that I need a date to claim ownership and a reg number. I think. I've never insured a new car before.

Hello All,

I recently bought a new 230 for myself (which I'm thoroughly enjoying :clap: ) and now I've come to the task of getting myself some winter tyres as I live in Switzerland.

Problem is, I spec'd the 19" Xtreme wheels, so winter tyres to fit (225/35) are either the very basic Chinese copies or Michelin. If I go for the Michelin it will cost me 1100, if I buy new OEM alloys in 18" with new Hankook tyres it'll cost me 1200.

I think I'll be going for the new alloys option. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Edited by VRSwiss

Hello All,

I recently bought a new 230 for myself (which I'm thoroughly enjoying :clap: ) and now I've come to the task of getting myself some winter tyres as I live in Switzerland.

Problem is, I spec'd the 19" Xtreme wheels, so winter tyres to fit (225/35) are either the very basic Chinese copies or Michelin. If I go for the Michelin it will cost me 1100, if I buy new OEM alloys in 18" with new Hankook tyres it'll cost me 1200.

I think I'll be going for the new alloys option. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

I found that 235/35/19's were actually cheaper as they are a more readily available size, at least in the UK. At least if you go for the second set of alloys option, the tyres will be cheaper to replace, and you could always sell the wheels if you ever changed the car, recovering some cash. Definitely cheaper in the long run. Plenty of replica VW style wheels available too, which would look good.

Having said that, I managed to grab some 18 x 7.5" VW 5 spoke alloys (easy to clean in winter :D ) which had just been fully professionally refurbished in gunmetal, WITH almost new 225/40/18 Vredestein Wintrac winter tyres for £400! :dance: They were literally hardly used, the load rating was incorrect for the VW van they were bought for, and the guy only realised two weeks after fitting them...! Offset is 38 as opposed to 51 so they should fill the arches nicely (I run 15mm/20mm spacers F/R on my Extremes)

Pictures to follow.

Oh...and he threw in a set of bolts...and locking bolts. :happy:

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm please wether the MY16/17 build cars with the Latest Admunson Radio/sat nav has WiFi. I'm almost sure I read/seen in a Brochure that it does

Found it, page 18 in the on like Skoda Octavia brochure,  page 18,  it clearly states the Octavia Vrs has a wifi hotspot.  So how do you get it to work

Anyone ?

Thanks 

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

It provides less of a drain on the phones battery. Also I suspect you can attach more devices, or at least you can get around tethering charges maybe?

Also there is the fact that this is the thing that shares out the data connection if you lumped for the sim card connection. Which I really *really* wish I did. I wonder if I can have it fitted post-delivery...

It's a waste of time. Just teather to your phone, which is exactly what's happening anyway, but with the addition of the car in the middle.

Maybe the car's Wifi signal is a better signal than just using the phone to teather too.  I actually assumed that you tethered your phone to the car to save your phone using data.

never mind you learn something every day.

I'll have a play later

Maybe the car's Wifi signal is a better signal than just using the phone to teather too. I actually assumed that you tethered your phone to the car to save your phone using data.

never mind you learn something every day.

I'll have a play later

The signal can only ever be as strong as what your phone is seeing from the network. It's just pointlessly routing other devices through the car in this case.

The signal can only ever be as strong as what your phone is seeing from the network. It's just pointlessly routing other devices through the car in this case.

Yes, i understand what your saying, I just thought the car's wifi might make the signal a bit more stable when the phone signal strength drops off.  Also on my iphone 6s I can phone using wifi, this may improve calls in poor 3 or 4g areas

Just a thought.....

I think you're getting a tad confused. The cars wifi can't boost or stabilise and signal. It's just using the signal from you're phone as it's 'source'. The wifi calling won't work because you'd just be connecting back to your phone, because that is essentially what's providing the wifi signal anyway.

I think I diagram would help explain this but I'm on my phone just now so. It really in a position to make one.

I think you're getting a tad confused. The cars wifi can't boost or stabilise and signal. It's just using the signal from you're phone as it's 'source'. The wifi calling won't work because you'd just be connecting back to your phone, because that is essentially what's providing the wifi signal anyway.

I think I diagram would help explain this but I'm on my phone just now so. It really in a position to make one.

Pointless addition then..... :(

Hi

First time to the site so sorry to go of topic.

I ordered my moon white Vrs 230 DSG back in June from Mansfield Skoda, after seeing recent pics of other 230's been delivered I would love to know if mine will arrive with a black spoiler?

I read that the uk cars have colour coded spoilers but they are black outside the uk?

I'm sure I will love it however it arrives.

I didn't expect mine to have a black spoiler but it arrived with one, well chuffed.

My car was ordered 19th May and had a build week of 36 ( 1st week October )  All cars built as next years spec ( MY17 ) should have a black spoiler.

Ring Mansfield Skoda ( Rainworths ? Mine was from there ) and ask what Week Build your car has and ask when the MY17 week started, they will know

Hope that helps 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/413770-aurics-230-with-a-black-spoiler/?hl=+black%20+spoiler

My MY17 230 didn't come with a black spoiler, on pick up I asked the dealer about this and apparently you only get a black spoiler if you've added the sliding sunroof!

Edited by blandy123
  • Like 1

That's a shame I really liked the look of the black spoiler.

But after selling my last Vrs back in July and driving a 16 year old Citroen that can't go above 60mph I'll go with a white one.

I'm in pain

That's a shame I really liked the look of the black spoiler.

But after selling my last Vrs back in July and driving a 16 year old Citroen that can't go above 60mph I'll go with a white one.

I'm in pain

Don't worry the pain will soon disappear as you open up the 230!

Just posting here as the thread for the most powerful Octy, and might be of slight interest.

The November (!) edition of CAR magazine dropped through the letterbox this morning. They've just taken on a Superb estate as a long termer - "L&K 2.0TSI 280PS 4x4" with DSG. Kitted out with other extras to £40,700.

Bit of a change of subject. How glossy are your exhausts mine are quite dull and i thought they should be a black glossy finish?

Same as mine, a bit dull looking black, brochure states " Gloss Black Exhaust  Tips "  Wonder how long the paint will stop on before it starts to flake off

No 230 stickers either  

When I get home in a few days I'm going to try and buff them back up to a shiny finish.

As for the stickers Ive got my dealer to order them in the me I actually want them on my car I think the red stickers break up all the white and match he red callipers,plus there is a few white ones going round already i want mine to be different.

When I first picked it up I got there before my salesman arrived and was looking at my car with a different one I said to him where's the stickers, he said they don't come with them so I showed him a pic on my phone of the demo car and he said they must be aftermarket.

So I picked up the brochure and pointed at the line that says exclusive 230 decals he didn't say much after that and walked off. So when my salesman arrived and we were going through the paperwork I said you best tell your mate out there to learn about the cars he's trying to sell.

• Like 1