The 230 Club, who's in...............

I am in two minds about it. Mostly because I like mt cars a bit chavvy, but I don't want it advertised too much in case it gets pinched. I'm picking it up in a few days and making the final deposit tomorrow so I don't know if I should request some.

Same as mine, a bit dull looking black, brochure states " Gloss Black Exhaust Tips " Wonder how long the paint will stop on before it starts to flake off

No 230 stickers either

The exhaust tips are advertised wrongly being gloss black. They are satin black and heat resistant paint.

If you try to polish them they will come up as a dull sheen and revert back to satin when they get hot.

Just keep them clean and don't use anything abrasive is my advice :)

Same as mine, a bit dull looking black, brochure states " Gloss Black Exhaust Tips " Wonder how long the paint will stop on before it starts to flake off

No 230 stickers either

I went to sign the paperwork and look at it today and mine didn't have the stickers. I wonder if its too late to ask for them? I'm supposed to collect it on Tuesday.

Also did anyone go for the AutoGleam paint protect thing? I am terrible with salesmen and talked myself into getting it. Is it really that worthwhile?

I went to sign the paperwork and look at it today and mine didn't have the stickers. I wonder if its too late to ask for them? I'm supposed to collect it on Tuesday.

Also did anyone go for the AutoGleam paint protect thing? I am terrible with salesmen and talked myself into getting it. Is it really that worthwhile?

Do NOT get the autogleam !!! If you want your car to be treated, go to a local detailer, they will do a far better job for at least half the price !

• Like 2

The exhaust tips are advertised wrongly being gloss black. They are satin black and heat resistant paint.

If you try to polish them they will come up as a dull sheen and revert back to satin when they get hot.

Just keep them clean and don't use anything abrasive is my advice :)

Ok thanks for that ill just keep them clean.

As for the 230 stickers the latest cars dont seem to be coming with them i asked to my dealer and he ordered them for me.

As for the autogylm,its not a bad product its just its applied badly by the dealer. The car isnt prepped very well before it is put on, you could get your car professionally detailed and a ceramic coat applied for 450 plus its guaranteed for 2 years.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll see if I can get it dropped when I call about the 230 stickers

I've done a quick search of cquartz ceramic approved detailers and this company in Wiltshire

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk these would do a better job of your car when you pick it up it could be worth a visit or a phone call. It all depends on how much you care about your car and how much you want to spend but 400 quid is better spent here than on life shine.

Something to think about though I took my car to a pro detailer the day after I picked it up he did a full evaluation of the paintwork including paint depth readings and inspection with a led lamp.

The car had been buffed where it had transport film on it, it also had swirl marks on the front wing, door mirrors and door pillars!

Ok thanks for that ill just keep them clean.

As for the 230 stickers the latest cars dont seem to be coming with them i asked to my dealer and he ordered them for me.

As for the autogylm,its not a bad product its just its applied badly by the dealer. The car isnt prepped very well before it is put on, you could get your car professionally detailed and a ceramic coat applied for 450 plus its guaranteed for 2 years.

As owner of 'Off Your Marks Detailing' I can comment about the dealer offerings...

Basically they are an add on/up-sell that is very profitable for the dealer. All cars follow the same dealer prep (wash, dry) and then if the option is taken out for the product they offer (all the same variant of a basic synthetic old tech sealant) they apply it after drying.

It's not a great product and the fact it's just wiped on/off then this skips the whole ethos of preparing the car perfectly.

Our New car prep takes 10 hours as its the cleansing, decontamination and inspection before applying anything that is paramount. Having a dealer do it often just seals over any contamination often inflicts swirling.

This is a typical new car prep process  for anyone new to detailing and curious to what's involved - compare that to what is offered by the dealer then its worth considering a detailer of your choice for better value and protection.

Just to add - I'm only linking my stuff as it's relevant to this thread and not trying to pimp my services - I'm busy enough as it is.

Re the decals - Mine arrived without and I ended up ordering them myself and applying them. Opinion is divided on this forum, but I wanted them as they are part of the 'vRS230 package' and I like things to be as intended, despite them looking a bit 90's vauxhall :)

• Like 1

Re the wifi which is included on the latest versions, an extra on earlier version. It is not tethering to your mobile it is an inbuilt mobile phone that needs a sim card. It plugs in next to your sd cards. That's if it's the same as my A6, expect it is.

I bought a 3 payg sim for 50p and the data costs 1p per meg, Topped it up with £10 and use it all the time for google maps on the sat nav and spotify. Still got most of the credit on it after 2 months, can't beat 3 for payg. And it always has a 3g or 4g signal when my Vodafone often doesn't.

Annoying thing on my 230. My car is coded on chassis details as longlife servicing. Yet it is telling me I need an oil change in 500 miles. 8800 on clock. The cheating dealer changed it back to fixed servicing! I was going to change the oil anyway but didn't expect to be cheated into it!

Who is noticing fuel consumption increasing with colder weather? Mine was often low to mid 40's in the warm weather. It is high 30's now on the same 20 odd mile journeys. I am looking into a lighter oil for winter if possible. It takes a long time for the oil to heat up, about 8-10 miles.

Note everyone, you have to turn on your oil temp guage in set up menu!

Re the wifi which is included on the latest versions, an extra on earlier version. It is not tethering to your mobile it is an inbuilt mobile phone that needs a sim card. It plugs in next to your sd cards. That's if it's the same as my A6, expect it is.

I bought a 3 payg sim for 50p and the data costs 1p per meg, Topped it up with £10 and use it all the time for google maps on the sat nav and spotify. Still got most of the credit on it after 2 months, can't beat 3 for payg. And it always has a 3g or 4g signal when my Vodafone often doesn't.

The optional Columbus satellite navigation system

comes with a Colour Maxi DOT trip computer and

integrated Wi-Fi. By tethering a phone to the Octavia a

Wi-Fi hotspot is created, so passengers can connect and

browse the internet wirelessly on their individual

devices. Premium WLAN is also available as an option,

which allows you to insert a data SIM card into the SIM

card slot provided and create a high speed LTE internet hotspot within the car

Not the same on the Octavia as the Audi A6 - this quote is lifted from the July 2016 Octavia PDF catalogue, latest on the Skoda website as at today.

The vRS 230 - still in the brochure then - shows that the Amundsen is standard fit and doesn't have wifi, only the dearer Columbus has wifi and then only the type that needs phone tethering to access the net. WLAN (separate SIM) is shown as an optional extra for both units, with ordinary phone-tethering wifi also available as an extra on the Amundsen.

Not even the top-spec L&K version has wifi as standard. (Amundsen is standard on the 220 and diesel vRS's.)

Anyone know different?

The Admunsen in my 230 has Wifi  ( WLAN ) in the Media section.

I can't fathom out how to connect to it though.

The on line Brochure says

3 spoke multi-function steering wheel with controls for radio and telephone (includes paddles if DSG)

Amundsen infotainment system and satellite navigation with SD slot & capacitive touchscreen

Cruise control

Performance mode selection

Lane assist

Light assistant (coming home, leaving home, tunnel light)

Rain sensor Wi-Fi hotspot 

Page 18  ( dated 07/16 )

Pictere of my Admunsen Sat Nav 

post-3385-0-71512700-1476735677_thumb.jpg

Does the Admunsen have Wifi?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

All I know is the latest (Should include yours) 230's have it as a freebie , as mine does.

But It's not a freebie, It clearly states in the Latest brochure the Vrs, including the 220 Vrs and the 230 has a Wifi Hot Spot as Standard

Brochure dated 07/16 Page 18.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger