Tired of Columbus, what about this?

Status now: This head unit cannot communicate with my skoda sound system amp so I'm gonna send it back to China unless any of u guys want to buy it? :p

It looks pretty sexy and will work like a dream in a car without the sound system!!

I might be interested... Don't think I have the upgraded sound system.

Does everything else work, like steering wheel integration, parking sensors, climate control display etc.?

Yup. Everything works like a dream out of the box. Except of the upgraded sound system :p check under the driver seat. U can see the amp there. Or u can look at the tweeters on the door. Skoda sound system is the logo :)

There must be a way to send a signal to the Amp have you asked in Diagnostics and VCDS forum section??

Not yet... You'll need to wait for the Chinese to reverse engineer the CAN messages sent to the factory amp, only then will it be possible :)

• Like 1

Ah I remember the days when you had a red and a black and you were good to go  :D 

That was wiring in a 8 track to a Dolomite (Now people will ask whats a 8 Track) :angel:
Some might not even know what a Dolomite is....

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

Ah I remember the days when you had a red and a black and you were good to go  :D 

That was wiring in a 8 track to a Dolomite (Now people will ask whats a 8 Track) :angel:

Some might not even know what a Dolomite is....

I saw a Dolomite on the way down to Peterborough on Monday as it happens. Couldn't see if it had an 8 track in though as we were on the other side of the motorway.

Quite embarrassing I still have that Dolomite 1850 HL British Racing Green full Sprint suspension fitted and a 2.0 Sprint engine ready to go in (for the last 28 yrs).
Also Ford Cortina MK 5 with a very nice 2,0 Pinto and mods , a not so bad XR2 ...

And a lovely BL MINI British Open classic with the full length webasto powered sunroof , Minilite alloys,half leather interior and 1.3i ( This one is getting full y restored  the now for my sons 1st car)
Looks like this or will once its finishedMini_006_zpsmhpmr5pl.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like this or will once its finishedMini_006_zpsmhpmr5pl.jpg

Not jealous at all.. incidentally my first car is my Skoda Superb Estate...not a bad first motor

Could nearly park the mini in the boot..!!!

• 1 month later...

My speakers are starting to make a brrrrrbrrrr noise when the song drops the base. So I'm thinking of upgrading them and also the head unit to https://www.carjoying.com/android-5-1-car-stereo/volkswagen-android-5-1-car-stereo/joying-2016-latest-aftermarket-european-warehouse-lollipop-android-5-1-1-car-head-unit-autoradio-quad-core-double-din-gps-navigation-system-stereo-radio-support-reverse-camera-dvr-goo.html

I read the stock amp doesn't work with the unit. So I'm thinking of changing the amp also since i want to change the speakers also.

So my question is: if i change speakers and amps using the aftermarket Head Unit, will the sound system work as intended?

My speakers are starting to make a brrrrrbrrrr noise when the song drops the base. So I'm thinking of upgrading them and also the head unit to https://www.carjoying.com/android-5-1-car-stereo/volkswagen-android-5-1-car-stereo/joying-2016-latest-aftermarket-european-warehouse-lollipop-android-5-1-1-car-head-unit-autoradio-quad-core-double-din-gps-navigation-system-stereo-radio-support-reverse-camera-dvr-goo.html

I read the stock amp doesn't work with the unit. So I'm thinking of changing the amp also since i want to change the speakers also.

So my question is: if i change speakers and amps using the aftermarket Head Unit, will the sound system work as intended?

Look at this post 

May help you :clap: 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/408311-installing-a-subwoofer-and-amplifier-into-a-2009-skoda-superb-ii-cd-tablet-holder/

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi to all, New here & this is my first post. I wish also to change the limited & expensive to update Amundsen+ unit in my 2012 superb estate with one of the Joying units. They need to know which amplifier I have either the Fender and Dynaudio amplifier. How do I find out which one I have. I think I have the basic system as ther are only four door speakers.

Edited by Countrysailor

You don`t have any amplifier unless your car doesn`t have Canton sound system.

If you have Canton, there should be 10 speakers and sign "Sound system" on front doors.

I like the Columbus unit, not watching films when I drive so not bothered about screen size - all good.

Family have iPads in the back so do their own thing which is fine.

I would like DAB and in car wifi though.

Regarding sound, I have all the amps, TV tuner and upgrade bits and bobs fitted from new (ordered by first owner). Speakers are total gash though.....need upgrading. Short term fix was to put two-part polyurethane foam in plastic bags in the doors to moot the 'tinny and boomy' sound. Kind of worked but bottom line is I need to upgrade the speakers as the standard units are simply not up to the task sadly.

Dave

You don`t have any amplifier unless your car doesn`t have Canton sound system.

If you have Canton, there should be 10 speakers and sign "Sound system" on front doors.

I don't think the mk11 comes  with canton :no:  

I cant seem to see anything  descibed in the manual 

I do have the 10 speaker system with sound system and am quite happy with the sound from speakers biut not impressed with sound over bluetooth so have copied all over to harddrive :nerd:

Correct, my mistake. Canton comes with MkIII.

Bluetooth sound quality is really low. Using only for podcasts, not for music. Music comes from SD card.

Overall Sound System`s sound quality is not so bad. Had Ford Sound System (? cannot recall the original name) in my Mondeo with 300W amp, 11 speakers and subwoofer, but Skoda beats it from every angle.

• Like 1