Auto Headlights retrofit?

On 25.08.2017 at 14:38, langers2k said:

Yup, I believe they have identical connectors on both ends :)

Ok....when i take of the black plug (female) from BCM i cant see any male pin in the BCM on position for 52pin

Any ideas lads?

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Edited by szamoT1984

5 hours ago, szamoT1984 said:

Ok....when i take of the black plug (female) from BCM i cant see any male pin in the BCM on position for 52pin

Any ideas lads?

Try pin 20?

T52aa/20 means connector t52aa, pin 20 :-)

• 7 months later...
On 26/08/2017 at 16:39, szamoT1984 said:

Any ideas lads?

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Can somebody advise which side of the car this plug is as there is nothing like this on the off side or am i looking in the wrong place

Cheers

paul

• 1 year later...

Sorry to jump the thread. I'm looking at changing the headlight switch to gain auto headlights as I already have auto wipers and dimming mirror. 

I have a 17-pin switch though, and so far I haven't been able to find an auto replacement yet. 

@langers2k, are you able to help me identify whether I need an extra wire between the switch and BCM? Also, if you have access to ETKA, is there an auto version of the switch available for my vehicle...

Catch is it's a 2011 VW Caravelle (T5.1) 😜

(The T5 guys aren't nearly as helpful as you lovely Briskodians!)

I've attached some useful pics. Thanks

20190609_210512_compress41.jpg

20190609_210530_compress84.jpg

20190609_210548_compress6.jpg

20190610_175433_compress22.jpg

@mrhappy - I don't think there is a 17 pin light switch that supports auto lighting, I certainly can't find any obvious reference to one, nor does the wiring diagram give any clues. It's also suggested the sensor may only be a rain sensor?

I think the aftermarket kit is probably the best plan if you want auto lights :)

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

@mrhappy - I don't think there is a 17 pin light switch that supports auto lighting, I certainly can't find any obvious reference to one, nor does the wiring diagram give any clues. It's also suggested the sensor may only be a rain sensor?

I think the aftermarket kit is probably the best plan if you want auto lights :)

I didn't know if it was just a rain sensor, but a friend suggested it might be both as the mirror is auto-dimming.

I think you might be right about the switch though so looks like I'll have to go aftermarket. Thanks for looking into it for me 😀

On 13/07/2016 at 21:52, trundlenut said:

Get two repair wires from soda/TPS about a pound each. Splice them together, one on its own is a bit short.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by a repair wire? (Sorry I'm Dutch ;))

And can someone tell me what kind of pins I need?

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Danton said:

What do you mean by a repair wire? (Sorry I'm Dutch ;))

And can someone tell me what kind of pins I need?

Thank you!

Something like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fp%2F652025187

They come in various sizes with different size connectors, so you need to work out which is the right type.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

Something like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fp%2F652025187

They come in various sizes with different size connectors, so you need to work out which is the right type.

Thanks! Will have a look at the connectors then.

Installed a Chinese version but still need to connect the wire and code it in VCDS.
Is it normal that the Auto position operates the same as the normal headlight position? (before programming and rewiring)

57 minutes ago, Danton said:

Is it normal that the Auto position operates the same as the normal headlight position? (before programming and rewiring)

Yes, although you'll probably have a fault code about an implausible signal from the light switch.

Basically, if the car isn't happy with the signal from the light switch, it'll turn the dipped beams on as a fail safe to ensure you don't get stuck in the dark somewhere :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

Thanks for input I have Skoda Octavia MK2 , in India known as Skoda Laura. As mentioned in post connected wire between light switch to BCM black connector. When I keep switch on Auto position Headlight turns on continously.

I have VCDS version 17.1 , Can someone help me with VCDS programming input?

Is there any bit to activate light sesnor? and how i can control /check sensitivity for auto headlights?

Thanks in Advance

37 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

How can your mk2 Octavia have a 17 pin plug for the light switch.

They are used on the Polo, Fabia, T5 etc

It's in a 2011 VW Caravelle (T5.1) as per their earlier post ;)

Ok, should have read it

On the T5.1 the 2011 model doesn't support Autolights

You can retrofit but would need a BCM from a very late T5.1 or T6 and I'm not 100% sure a relay too

The T5.1 uses the same wiring setup as the 6R polo, not as advanced as the PQ35

info on what might be possible here.

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703#p459956

Edited by Eddie-NL

Cheers Guys,

Found option in VCDS on byte 17, Assisted driving light just ticked on and functioning perfectly 

Even activated leaving home function

👍🏻

Now m curious what all other functions i can add 😀

Just for everyones information terminal is same at both ends and part number is 963715-1

• 3 years later...