vRS230 to be dropped very soon..

just been in to browse Skoda's at Hayseldens and mentioned the 230 was the one I was interested in and they said ordering books close in the next 48hrs! (no pressure there then :notme: ).

I really wanted a 230 so got to act quick if I want one new.. I was against PCP but after chatting for a while it really is a no brainer cost wise, 0% and £1k deposit and £500 on a fuel card, what could possibly go wrong?

anyone else been into Skoda recently? he said they are dropping the 4x4 DSG 184 too..

Im glad (as long as nobody here loses out) as its such a great car, it deserves to be a limited run - that will mean good residuals for us owners too.

Anyone thinking of getting one should - really great car!

I'm thinking of getting a red estate, was set on moon white but after looking at one today I was left a bit under whelmed.. black would be nice but would drive me potty especially where I'm going to be working is a building site for the next 4 years..

just been in to browse Skoda's at Hayseldens and mentioned the 230 was the one I was interested in and they said ordering books close in the next 48hrs! (no pressure there then :notme: ).

I really wanted a 230 so got to act quick if I want one new.. I was against PCP but after chatting for a while it really is a no brainer cost wise, 0% and £1k deposit and £500 on a fuel card, what could possibly go wrong?

anyone else been into Skoda recently? he said they are dropping the 4x4 DSG 184 too..

The 4x4 DSG has been available for what, 8 months or so? 

Highly doubt they'd drop it that soon. 

Sounds highly like he's trying to sell you the two most expensive models in the range.

For that ****ebaggery alone, I'd go elsewhere.

Didn't someone on here have a lot of trouble with hasledens

The 4x4 DSG has been available for what, 8 months or so? 

Highly doubt they'd drop it that soon. 

Sounds highly like he's trying to sell you the two most expensive models in the range.

For that ****ebaggery alone, I'd go elsewhere.

those were the only 2 I was interested in anyway and doing only 3k miles a year really makes no sense at all in a diesel..  Hayseldens always come in cheaper on Carwow too, they still offered m £11k for my old Blackline which I was very surprised at! then again it' only done 11k and like new.

whether or not the 2 day thing is true or not we shall find out! I'm ready to order anyway as been on that damn configurator for the last 6 months lol!

Same here with configurater, keep adding options but I know full well the standard 230 will do just fine well apart from spare wheel, what spec have you settled on

all I can think of is a rear view camera and a multi lever boot floor, apart from that it comes with just about everything! was gonna have another colour but think red will do.. meteor grey is interesting but doesn't quite do it for me!

is there any other options worth ticking? that new suspension would be OK but £850 is a bit too much imo..

Are you planning to buy it at the end of the deal or chop it in?

If keeping it be carefult that all the upfront incentives aren't being absorbed by a high final balloon payment.

• Like 1

Are you planning to buy it at the end of the deal or chop it in?

If keeping it be carefult that all the upfront incentives aren't being absorbed by a high final balloon payment.

keeping it, I have enough equity in my old car to put to one side to pay it off. my aim is to put 10k in another bank and forget it until end of term then pay it.

• Like 1

Sounds good, it's just that sometimes it is difficult to compare a PCP with a standard bank loan / Skoda finance deal.

The 0% on the PCP should make life easier though. Add it all up and then compare it with a discounted purchase price through someone like Carwow.

Sounds good, it's just that sometimes it is difficult to compare a PCP with a standard bank loan / Skoda finance deal.

The 0% on the PCP should make life easier though. Add it all up and then compare it with a discounted purchase price through someone like Carwow.

that's the thing, I'd be getting 0% and still the same deal as Carwow, I asked this and made my question very clear.. and I can trade my mk2 in for a price I'm happy with. we'll see if it all goes wrong tomorrow when I go in!!

• Like 1

I was told by my dealer - and this is after the sale - that the vRS diesel is going up to 245bhp and the 230 petrol to something like 280 (Can't remember the exact figure for the petrol VRS). What I don't know is if these are new Mk3 engines or if he's talking about a possible MK4.I was too excited in picking up my new car to ask any more details lol.

I was told by my dealer - and this is after the sale - that the vRS diesel is going up to 245bhp and the 230 petrol to something like 280 (Can't remember the exact figure for the petrol VRS). What I don't know is if these are new Mk3 engines or if he's talking about a possible MK4.I was too excited in picking up my new car to ask any more details lol.

no doubt there will be a price hike and no special offers.. maybe next time! the mk3 is due a facelift next year so maybe they will come out then?

Handfuls of salt required!

Be interesting to know how much influence and control VAG heads exert in managing the performance and appropriate slots in the range across the makes. If the Octavia gets too good/quick at the right price point, it would surely be even more of a direct competitor to the GTI and R Golfs or the TFSI Audi's?

That said, I would love to see an Octavia wagon TSI 4x4 with the ride control option, the same output as the Superb 280 and a bit more sound proofing!

Edited by Item

The problem is although that would be great, skoda are no longer as 'good value for money' a tsi 280 4x4 estate would be what 32k which at that price point opens a lot of other choice of manufactures

Edited by dsj20v