Missed out on a 230? No problem...

That seems a pretty good deal.  Only £15/month more than my local Seat dealer quoted me for the 1.8TSi FR version and that was with twice the deposit.

Such horrible interior especially seats tho

that's what put me off the Seats are the interiors are horrible and I think the Octavia is a much better looking car (personal preference I know!). you get DCC with Seat and more power but nothing a remap can't fix!

Mark.

I like the side profile view. Looks great value too.

I wonder if it's 4wd?

I personally prefer the Octavia. Never owned a SEAT as it just never appealed as a brand (despite is being VAG like Skoda)

The Seat can go up to 350+bhp with a stage 1 though!

No it isn't.

Hmm, wonder how it would cope with more power ie >290  being FWD?

I owned a new type r recently with trick front struts. That was 300hp and I felt it was struggling to put it down without mega wheel spinning. In the wet; any car could leave it in the lower gears without real restraint.

I think in standard for 290 would be perfect.

i considered one of these.. went for the 230 in the end as it was cheaper plus i prefer the interior of the skoda. I would have loved one of the cupras with the big brembos and recaros (nurburgringn record spec) but add those options and it starts to get very expensive.

I agree with most of the opinions above (although I dont think the interior is as bad as some make out, especially compared to the "sparse" vRS) ..... but the dynamic handling pack and 290bhp just reinforced what the Skoda was missing.....19" wheels as standard too....

Naw, I'm holding out till Dec, if there is gonna be a 4X4 VRS it'll be just before the facelift.

Late Dec prices are generally best as you get to see the Q1 prices too and know when to place you order

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Naw, I'm holding out till Dec, if there is gonna be a 4X4 VRS it'll be just before the facelift.

Late Dec prices are generally best as you get to see the Q1 prices too and know when to place you order

I get the feeling that the Quattro / 4x4 isnt doing to go any lower than VW on a performance model (puts away crystal ball)....

Late Dec would be good, but my PCP ends early December annoyingly. May have to do without a car lol....

I agree with most of the opinions above (although I dont think the interior is as bad as some make out, especially compared to the "sparse" vRS) ..... but the dynamic handling pack and 290bhp just reinforced what the Skoda was missing.....19" wheels as standard too....

Don' forget, the 230 makes a lot more power than the quoted 230 as others have testified; I certainly don't think it's lacking in any way - and I have a few other cars with more power for comparison.

The 230 is not an out and out hot hatch though - its a very quick, well specced and spacious car. If buyers are hoping it will thrash everything then it won't - it will certainly keep a lot of the current hatches honest though. I think that this is exactly what VAG want it to be - something of everything for the savvy buyer.

• Like 1

You guys are over exaggerating, cupra looks just fine.

Besides, we all know cupra has better handling, even with 350+ hp tuned.

If there was a 280/290 Octavia, I would never looked at cupra though.

I get the feeling that the Quattro / 4x4 isnt doing to go any lower than VW on a performance model (puts away crystal ball)....

I think the Superb 280 4x4 would disagree with you....

It might not be a dedicated performance edition, but I bet it shifts just fine :)

Such horrible interior especially seats tho

I was under the impression that the 290 Cupra had the one piece seats as standard but it turns out that it's only the Black edition which does.

Cupra post-23409-0-08817900-1470680575_thumb.png   Cupra Black post-23409-0-66821800-1470680599_thumb.png

I think the seat looks a riot to drive.

I can assure you that it is as I had one out for a test drive the other week. The extreme road holding put a super sized smile on my face - so much so that the weeks are now ticking down to it being delivered! ;)

• Like 1