Withdrawal of VRS 230 and 4x4TDi?

If they wanted to keep doing that then naturally the supposed 245 would be more in reality too then...

Maybe, lets hope so.  When the Fabia MK I Tdi Vrs was available the later ones ( can't remember the Engine code ) 06 onwards, Small face lift model,  I believe had more BHP than the First ones out of the factory. Different engine code to the first ones out. 

Quite a few members have reported that the 230 is coming out of the factory with more BHP than stated

Perhaps my 230, when it arrives, will be the same as a 245 or even better, more horses.

It's a common comment on the Internet that all VAG cars roll out the factory producing more power than the paperwork suggests.

If you're spending BMW money why not look at the Superb 280 4x4? 

Two reasons. I'll be doing this on a personal lease, premium cars tend to be surprisingly cheap on a lease. Secondly, the Superb is just too big, the Octavia is bigger than I really need.

Just translated this on a German forum:

Octavia facelift KW8 2017 and yes Four eyes face !
RS special model next year RS245 . "

I assume KW8 is bulild week 8?

Just translated this on a German forum:

Octavia facelift KW8 2017 and yes Four eyes face !

RS special model next year RS245 . "

I assume KW8 is bulild week 8?

Do you have a link to the original ? just trying to guess what was translated to "yes four eyes face"

• Like 2

Do you have a link to the original ? just trying to guess what was translated to "yes four eyes face"

Perhaps it gets that ugly front it had on those pics that was posted here a while back?

I found skodacommunity.de and it seems that's what they're referring to

like in this Auto Bild cover ?

AUTO-BILD-10-2012-474x316-aaceb5b2353903

i was just assuming it was a google translate error.

Edited by Wet Kipper

I took it to mean the quad headlights

I took it to mean the quad headlights

that is pig ugly, I thought it would have the same style as new Superb...

that is pig ugly, I thought it would have the same style as new Superb...

I tend to agree, but I don't think I've seen an actual photo yet.

As I had a reminder from Skoda that my PCP will be coming to an end soon I had a word with my local dealer.  They are not expecting an Octavia facelift before mid 2017.  Skoda want to give the Kodiaq a good run after launch.

Seems to me that given the lack of actual pictures of test mules of a facelift on the net that timescale seems more accurate than rumours of production starting Jan / feb 2017.  If mid year is more likely then possibly they won't appear until after the factory summer holidays offer a chance to refit it for the facelift.  All speculation I know but......

Despite any drivetrain changes - that new front end is a real disappointment for me.

It looks like a hasty change with very little imagination - a backwards step over the current design imo.

As I had a reminder from Skoda that my PCP will be coming to an end soon I had a word with my local dealer.  They are not expecting an Octavia facelift before mid 2017.  Skoda want to give the Kodiaq a good run after launch.

Seems to me that given the lack of actual pictures of test mules of a facelift on the net that timescale seems more accurate than rumours of production starting Jan / feb 2017.  If mid year is more likely then possibly they won't appear until after the factory summer holidays offer a chance to refit it for the facelift.  All speculation I know but......

My dealer contacted me to suggest not replacing the car now and the facelift is due in early 2017, orders for vRS 4x4 and 230 stopped as the FL model is so imminent. So either my dealer is lying (not getting a sale now as a result) or yours is (to get a sale now), which is more likely?

My logic tells me when the new facelift comes along then the vRS will use the 230 power plant as a standard vRS and perhaps a more cooking version later down the line. 

Whatever happens the vRS will never outgun the golf gti - a bigger, cheaper, equally well specced car that is faster for less money...not going to happen until a new gti with more power appears

• Like 1

My logic tells me when the new facelift comes along then the vRS will use the 230 power plant as a standard vRS and perhaps a more cooking version later down the line. 

Whatever happens the vRS will never outgun the golf gti - a bigger, cheaper, equally well specced car that is faster for less money...not going to happen until a new gti with more power appears

With the Fancy Front Diff or could that be an Option?

I think that's a point people seem to be missing. The vRS is a GTI competitor, not an R or Cupra competitor. So it stands to reason that a higher output (290PS+) will not appear in the vRS. If a vRS+ or vRS R were to be conceived then the higher output expectation would be realistic.

From what I read xdrive is fixed 60:40 where the Haldex 4 and 5 can vary more. Haldex 4&5 also pre-lock in certain situations not waiting for wheel slip like haldex 3

It can be argued all ways and I'm not into the merits of one over the other as it depends on the situation but both Haldex and Xdrive are clutch based systems and more similar than any of the other systems out there.

From what Ive read the BMW is 60:40 permanent but will shift 100% either way once it loses traction on front or back. It works really well on mine.

Withdrawal of the 4x4 vRS is probably going to see me move away from Skoda, after 16 years and 5 Octavias, I really wanted a sports orientated 4x4. I'll probably go to BMW, dreading the conversation with my dealer, sort of become friends with them over the years.

It was quite simple with mine :(  Crap discount offered and worse PX than BMW were offering so off I went.

Hi Stu, will see what happens, but looking very likely I'm off to a Lease deal somewhere, not even sure if Mitchell's do private leases?

No idea but I doubt they'd get close to some of the online lease deals.  Id go that way myself if my yearly mileage wasn't so variable.

Just spoken to a dealer on this after calling to make an appointment to discuss a VRS, only to be told the 4x4 was out of the equation altogether and the 230 was restricted to a handful of 'free stock' already in the system.

He was reluctant to admit to any facelift but he did admit that the reason for dropping the 4x4 was that capacity up to the end of production of the current version is now sold, such has been the popularity of it. The 230 has also been more popular than expected and although it was always a limited edition, there's concern within VW that its been eating into GTI sales.

The bad news is that the VRS range is likely to be restricted to one petrol and one diesel, at least initially, and in his opinion there's no prospect of a flagship VRS until the new Golf has debuted, probably with the 265 version of the 2.0 seen in the Edition 40. That might find its way into the VRS at some stage but the smart thinking is that won't be until 2018 or beyond.

My experience of talking to dealers is they don't know an awful lot about what's already in their showroom, never mind what might be in it next year, or the year after.

The facelifted VW Golf is only a month or so away from being revealed (probably in the run up to the Paris motorshow), I would expect we'll know a lot more about exactly what the facelifted Octavia will be like not long after.

• Like 1