Aldi demolition hammer

Aspman

Path rises to about 18" above the grass level at one end, assuming it'll go down a bit into the earth as well.

That's not a path! That's a tank trap!  :p

• Like 1

That's not a path! That's a tank trap!  :p

I think there used to be a wicker man at the far end. I can't think of any actual use for this path. It doesn't go anywhere.

Aspman/ anyone looking for a good use for  drying line/ concrete fence posts- I found a good second use for them- great hard standing for garden sheds. Cut off the lump at base ( I used the works disc cutter)

When I had a project like that I got some big burley blokes in with sledgehammers... :D

Swmbo mustve beeen happy about that - bit of eye candy out the windows... all diet coke ad style :rofl:

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Picked it up form my folks today.

What a beast of a machine. Unpacked, filled it with oil, shoved the chisel on the end and picked an old brick to check evrything was working.

Blew the brick apart in less than a second.

Came with some spare carbon brushed as well.

• Like 2

Picked it up form my folks today.

What a beast of a machine. Unpacked, filled it with oil, shoved the chisel on the end and picked an old brick to check evrything was working.

Blew the brick apart in less than a second.

Came with some spare carbon brushed as well.

You didnt then try it out on a footbridge over the M20 did you??

• Like 3

https://www.aldi.co.uk/1700w-demolition-breaker/p/066252060198700

Anyone ever used on of these or any other electric one?

I've a rather stupid concrete path in the garden which goes no where and does nothing except make the grass harder to cut.

Sisters bloke offered to come round and take away the rubble with a tractor as he is getting a crusher to make hardcore for some houses he is building but I'd need to break it up.

Also got 4 drying poles I'd like to take out and replace with a rotary dryer and potentially they could have a lot of concrete on their bases.

Would be a big job with a sledge hammer but wondering if an electric hammer would be up to the task. Path could be a couple of feet thick in places.

It's £99 so too dear just to take a chance on.

Hi yes ive  used one a lot great tool does just what it says you must make shore you keep it full of greag thou as it seems to leak a lot 

hope this helps  Anthoney

hope this

• Like 1

Hi yes ive  used one a lot great tool does just what it says you must make shore you keep it full of greag thou as it seems to leak a lot 

hope this helps  Anthoney

hope this

I'm guessing you mean oil?

grease maybe? greag......... grease?

Sorry no spell check on this forum dunno why and yes i meant grease as the bottem of it gets a right mess but for doing the job had one over 1 year now and its done loads of jobs so easy

hope that is better

Anthoney

Sorry no spell check on this forum dunno why and yes i meant grease as the bottem of it gets a right mess but for doing the job had one over 1 year now and its done loads of jobs so easy

hope that is better

Anthoney

Spell check is part of the browser, not the forum; what you using?? FF has it built in, but I have known it to stop working once and a while - usually after an update.

Hi all yes i know the Jack hammer you on about ive seen it in aldi rember ive had  mine  nearly 2 years now so its a little difrent but looks the same  and i still stand by it being a great tool some advice dont use the pointy bit unless you have too it gets stuck a lot use the  chisel bit  oh and be carefull the only weak point is the case that it comes in is rubbish lol still at that price cant have it all can we

and as for browser i use firefox and  on every thing eles but this forum  my spell checker works fine  but i right  click to spell check here and it dont show up

all the best Anthoney

You need to install  spell check into FF as I recall, and add a UK dictionary.

working for me now.

Back OT aye thought it was worth a punt after all. If it burns out it's under warranty for 3yr.

Sisters bloke has a tractor and bogey he's going to drop it off. He's hiring a crusher to break up and old farm shed so it's going in with that.

Edited by Aspman

They are cheap for a reason, but if you are using it for DIY and not your full time job then you're unlikely to reach the end of it's design life before the 3 year warranty expires.

You need to install  spell check into FF as I recall, and add a UK dictionary.

working for me now.

Back OT aye thought it was worth a punt after all. If it burns out it's under warranty for 3yr.

Sisters bloke has a tractor and bogey he's going to drop it off. He's hiring a crusher to break up and old farm shed so it's going in with that.

You used to have to install it and add the dictionary, but I believe became a built in feature about a year or so ago - assuming you install the correct language version (ie UK English), if you install the standard US version you will get Simplified English.

I went to install the dictionary after my SSD died in February, and found the files were already there, after downloading and installing the newest version.