Kodiaq Lease deals

aldouk

My plan is hold onto my 5 series a few more months and then lease over 3 years. The best deals I found were Ling but prices shot up this week. 

When they first went up it was diesel only and a 3+35 7 seater SE 2.0TDI with DSG was about £302 I think. I was looking at a 4x4 manual or maybe SEL for about £320. Now it seems I have to get a 1.4 petrol or 4+47 for similar monthly. Can't tell if there's any 4x4 either. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

8 hours ago, aldouk said:

Lings cars offered me delivery in April. This was a month ago now though. 

Ill deffinately be be waiting for the RS/VRS version to come out. 

Their doing a vrs version??  When's that coming out?

On 25/01/2017 at 19:59, pee81 said:

Their doing a vrs version??  When's that coming out?

http://www.evo.co.uk/skoda/18703/skoda-s-vrs-plans-kodiaq-vrs-confirmed-superb-vrs-on-hold

It's only been confirmed with no release date. Expect the whole line up to be revealed March time at Geneva.

Hi, Im new to this Forum but I have found this topic very useful.

I have been looking at PCH plans over the last few weeks. Originally I found what was a very good deal on the 21st Jan 2017 with Simpsons SEL 150PS DSG over two years £254 per month with £2490 deposit. I spoke with them again on the 23rd Jan and the figures had changed to nearly £300 per month. The guy didn't know why there was an increase...

I think that this may be down to the VED change but that's just a guess!!

Does anyone know anything else about the change in prices?

• Administrators

He should of known the new prices came out on the 24th. All the dealers I spoke to said it would change on that date ;)

The prices creep up or down each qtr, last qtr they jumped a bit due to 'brexit'. I think a few models may of come down, but not kodiaq. The PCH figures so far as I know are also based on future values. Maybe a bean counter has decided there will be more, so they might be worth a bit less... demand has been strong for sure.

I've asked our friendly dealers to update :)

1 minute ago, ColinD said:

He should of known the new prices came out on the 24th. All the dealers I spoke to said it would change on that date ;)

The prices creep up or down each qtr, last qtr they jumped a bit due to 'brexit'. I think a few models may of come down, but not kodiaq. The PCH figures so far as I know are also based on future values. Maybe a bean counter has decided there will be more, so they might be worth a bit less... demand has been strong for sure.

I've asked our friendly dealers to update :)

Thanks ColinD for the info, am I wasting my time trying to get a better deal by going to other Skoda dealers or are they all likely to give me the same quote? It seems from who I have spoken to they are all the same? The options I am considering (electronic child safety pack with blinds and the aluminium pedals) and its hard to haggle with such limited requirements!!!

• Administrators

@Jons2013VRS Looking for you 

Word out there is, pricing is up... lots of old rates still visible...

Example ( i.e. discuss mileage etc, I guesssed for 10k pa. )

Kodiaq SEL 150PS DSG  10k 6x23/9+23 + electronic child safety pack with blinds and the aluminium pedals

6+23, 10k @ £264.47 +VAT
9+23, 10k @ £237.35 +VAT

If interested drop me a pm or email and I'll supply the dealers contact details. Just done this way to save him getting bombarded with phone calls :D There are no arrangement fees with me etc. It's delivered free and as all other pch deals, metallic paint is free.

Just had a message from Ling's to say that because of the VED changes on April 1st all the finance quotes for cars registered on or after this date will change.

The finance companies won't provide quotes with the increases included at the moment.

For my 150 TDI it looks like it will be an extra £80 over two years so around £3 a month more (I'm guessing). Petrol increase will be higher.

Explanation document in Ling's unique style here....   Linky

Hopefully no ones managed to spec up a £40k plus car !

• Administrators

Dealers will :) But there is a general pricing change in the air. Not all models are quotable today for example, could not get a citigo example for example... So I guess as it's down to delivery, the kodiaq is easy, it's post april for certain on orders now.

Finance co's brokers etc might not, or might not be willing to commit, as there is a lag between updates and orders, so they might get stuck with the uplift... and when there is nothing left in the pot, it's easier to say no. That's my 2p anyhow :)

• 2 weeks later...

In a dillema!

My current lease with my Octavia Scout ends at then end of June 2017 and I ideally would like to hire the scout next but for my required spec (below) I do not want to pay no more than £350 a month inc VAT.

The cheapest I found for my required spec on the EDITION and SE L is £376 inc VAT (3+23).

My current dealer has advised I can wait until April 17 to see if there is any price movements and then make a decision and if I go for the Kodiaq, he will simply extend my lease on my scout until delivery. 

The issue I have is if the prices do not drop in April, I may have to look away from Skoda for a 7 seater, which means I may be without a car at the end of the lease while waiting for delivery of a different car....

What would you guys do in my position?

• 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG
  • Edition Trim or SE L 
  • Quartz Grey Metallic Paint
  • Beige Upholstery
  • Lane assist and blind spot detection
  • ISOFIX on front passenger seat
  • Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds
  • Front and rear parking sensors (rear are included in the SE L & Edition trims but on the website configurator it still charges full price to add just the front sensors)
  • Park assist

On 10 February 2017 at 08:32, chris1012 said:

In a dillema!

My current lease with my Octavia Scout ends at then end of June 2017 and I ideally would like to hire the scout next but for my required spec (below) I do not want to pay no more than £350 a month inc VAT.

The cheapest I found for my required spec on the EDITION and SE L is £376 inc VAT (3+23).

My current dealer has advised I can wait until April 17 to see if there is any price movements and then make a decision and if I go for the Kodiaq, he will simply extend my lease on my scout until delivery. 

The issue I have is if the prices do not drop in April, I may have to look away from Skoda for a 7 seater, which means I may be without a car at the end of the lease while waiting for delivery of a different car....

• 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG
  • Edition Trim or SE L 
  • Beige Upholstery
  • Front and rear parking sensors (rear are included in the SE L & Edition trims but on the website configurator it still charges full price to add just the front sensors)
  • Park assist

I think to stick at £350 per month, you'd have to look at a pretty low spec 7 seater Kodiaq.

Have you tried the configurator to see how things might look?

I'd simply talk to a dealer to nail down a price / spec now and if it's acceptable, just order now.

18 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

I think to stick at £350 per month, you'd have to look at a pretty low spec 7 seater Kodiaq.

Have you tried the configurator to see how things might look?

I'd simply talk to a dealer to nail down a price / spec now and if it's acceptable, just order now.

Would a 3 or 4 year lease be advisable?

What are the pros/cons over a 2 year lease?

2 hours ago, chris1012 said:

Just do the sums (all in monthly cost)

I chose 36 months.

I don't think I'd go for 48 as the warranty would be expired, servicing costs start to rise and I'd probably be ready for change of car anyway.

From one who thought it was a good idea to buy with cash in 2011. Things change.

2 hours ago, chris1012 said:

The car would have depreciated less after 2 years so potentially they can offer a lower PCH

24 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Just do the sums (all in monthly cost)

I chose 36 months.

I don't think I'd go for 48 as the warranty would be expired, servicing costs start to rise and I'd probably be ready for change of car anyway.

From one who thought it was a good idea to buy with cash in 2011. Things change.

You could extend the warranty to 4 or 5 years though, granted potential brakes and cam belt change costs would need to be factored in to the equation though.

I have only bought 3 new cars before and always bought them outright, I do intend to crunch some numbers with a PCH though, however as I like need my toys, I imagine there will be little difference as you pay full whack on any options you add (in my case £5K’s worth of options!) 

• Administrators

Kodiaq PCH: Drop me an email for the term & spec you want/monthly target and I'll pass to the dealers. I can't advise you on terms ;)

We've beaten most brokers out there so far when you add up the whole cost! There is also the VED change to take into effect which has pushed the prices up a little, but a little more is still more.

There is unlikely to be any major reduction in retail prices in the short term. Leases may even be curtailed! Presently there is no quota on leases and no targets. The kodiaq in retail is also not under any target, so they have there quota, it makes no sense to discount and total sense for them to sell all of those at full price, or as close to it as possible. Post April it might appear on targets for retail sales, so it might then be an incentive to reduce the price. But until then you'll be lucky or well known ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2017 at 16:28, gmoorc said:

Just had a message from Ling's to say that because of the VED changes on April 1st all the finance quotes for cars registered on or after this date will change.

The finance companies won't provide quotes with the increases included at the moment.

For my 150 TDI it looks like it will be an extra £80 over two years so around £3 a month more (I'm guessing). Petrol increase will be higher.

Explanation document in Ling's unique style here....   Linky

Hopefully no ones managed to spec up a £40k plus car !

Today my Dealer Man called to break the bad news that my price will go up due to the new tax rates in April.

I spat a few bullets at him as he refused to admit that Skoda / VWFS and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all knew about this long ago. His excuse is that the VWFS order system couldn't handle the anticipated changes.

So he's going to sting me with an updated price to deal with the delta between whatever the old rate might have been (maybe £180 x3) to the new rate (£500 plus 2x £140).

I guess I'll have to pay a few more ££ per month.

Bastids!

He tried to placate me by saying my basic December order price remains the same, while quotes jumped up in January.

1 minute ago, Culverden said:

Just signed up to the forum as I'm planning to lease a Kodiaq. I'm looking at 2.0 TSI DSG 4x4 Edition on either a 2 or 3 yr 10k pa deal. Any assistance on the best prices would be really appreciated.

Welcome

I got a quote from @ColinD (site owner) for:

2.0 TSi 180PS 4x4 DSg  (£33,545) but with £5,715 worth of options (you will pay full amount on any options) 

6+35, 10k @ £391.79 +VAT

On 2/10/2017 at 08:32, chris1012 said:

In a dillema!

• 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG
  • Edition Trim or SE L 
  • Beige Upholstery
  • Park assist

Chris I want to keep my budget same as you. 

I am going for PCH as it's slightly cheaper than PCP.  

I really had to think over about adding all the things I would like. At the end I will stick to bare minimum after my dealer advice.

"Why pay for all the tech when I won't keep the car"

I am going for Roller bling : as in PCH I am not allowed to have darker tint. If I do I have to remove it when returning the car apparently), interior ambient light (I am going with black interior thought that might bring some extra light), spare wheel (useful and better), colour maxi dot (to match with in Columbus. Still deciding on Canton sound. With front sensor I thought it will be a big car and is higher. I guess I'm ok in parking I will some how manage it :)

The quote I got in SEL 4x4 2.0 TDI is Close £400 pm incl Vat and service :/ decisions to make.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into Sparshatts Skoda Fareham today (knowledgeable and attentive) to ask about deleting the rear two seats from the higher spec/ higher power Kodiaqs so that I can have leather and a 2500kg tow weight. Apparently it's not an option at launch but plenty of people have asked them the same question. Go figure!

So if I want a Kodiaq that'll tow our boat it'll have to be a weedy engined, heavily optioned 5 seater....or a VW Tiguan!

Or more likely it'll remain our fabulous 170hp Yeti that's got everything as standard, goes like a rocket and comfortably tows our boat because it has a legal towing limit greater than Skoda's newest/biggest/strongest SUV.

Still find this a very weird decision on Skoda's part though....