Kodiaq Lease deals

aldouk

11 hours ago, PirateSyrett said:

Went into Sparshatts Skoda Fareham today (knowledgeable and attentive) to ask about deleting the rear two seats from the higher spec/ higher power Kodiaqs so that I can have leather and a 2500kg tow weight. Apparently it's not an option at launch but plenty of people have asked them the same question. Go figure!

So if I want a Kodiaq that'll tow our boat it'll have to be a weedy engined, heavily optioned 5 seater....or a VW Tiguan!

Or more likely it'll remain our fabulous 170hp Yeti that's got everything as standard, goes like a rocket and comfortably tows our boat because it has a legal towing limit greater than Skoda's newest/biggest/strongest SUV.

Still find this a very weird decision on Skoda's part though....

Have to agree with you. My own yeti is coming up for 3 years old. I'm probably going to keep it for another couple of years but couldn't help doing the "what new car would I get? " game when the kodiak was announced. I would love a bigger boot and a wee bit more towbar nose weight for the caravan wouldn't go wrong,  but I'd be reluctant to go for a less powerful engine than my 170 yeti so that seems to limit options to the top spec 190 kodiak, which means 7 seats, a lower towing capacity and lower nose weight. Go figure. 

I guess we do all have to "Go figure".

Will I change from 5 seats to 7?

Will I change from a small car to a bigger car?

Do I want a bigger boot (see separate thread)?

Will I change from a big boat / caravan / trailer / horse box to a smaller one?

As for petrol vs. diesel or FWD vs. 4WD?

Decisons, decisions!

Another first world problem :)

(but I'm enjoying the countdown)

On 8 March 2017 at 12:50, BoxerBoy said:

Another first world problem :)

Only for Skoda...

Why compromise on a flawed Kodiaq when for similar monthly lease deals I can have a Mercedes GLC with leather, xenons and panoramic roof PLUS a 2500kg tow weight?

Simply Clever impossible to have a powerful 5 seat Kodiaq that does the same!

Edited by PirateSyrett

On 09/03/2017 at 18:05, PirateSyrett said:

Why compromise on a flawed Kodiaq when for similar monthly lease deals I can have a Mercedes GLC . . .?

According to this thread

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2017-01/mercedes-benz-refuses-to-fix-crabbing-problem/

GLC owners are having to accept a compromise of their own when using full steering lock. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonbenj said:

According to this thread

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2017-01/mercedes-benz-refuses-to-fix-crabbing-problem/

GLC owners are having to accept a compromise of their own when using full steering lock. 

Jonbenj - thank you, that's really helpful.

We'd love to stay in the Skoda fold and make sure our next car's a Kodiaq, but unless they change their policy of insisting that the high spec/ high powered cars must have 7 seats (and reduced 2000kg towing limit) we'll have to look elsewhere - but not a GLC for the time being it seems!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2017 at 08:32, PirateSyrett said:

Jonbenj - thank you, that's really helpful.

We'd love to stay in the Skoda fold and make sure our next car's a Kodiaq, but unless they change their policy of insisting that the high spec/ high powered cars must have 7 seats (and reduced 2000kg towing limit) we'll have to look elsewhere - but not a GLC for the time being it seems!

The upcoming Volkswagen Allspace may be the right one for your needs.

Looks like the Kodiaq lease dream is coming to an end!

In Jan 2017 my dealer (whom I currently have a lease with) advised me to wait until April 2017 for chances of prices dropping for the Kodiaq or worse case the prices remaining around the same price.

I was quoted on the Edition trim, 2.0 Diesel DSG with a few options which would have costed me £375 a month inc VAT, 3+23.

The dealer has advised me now for the same spec for over £500 a month on the same terms!!

Has the Kodiaq really increased in value by that much!? 

• Administrators

There would be a bump in the price on lease from Jan to now, simply for the VED increase. But also potentially from future values now being calculated lower.

The April drop would be a good call for retail drops in price as there is/was, isn't any incentive to discount retail early. Contract leasing isn't affected by this, which is why so many went for PCH, it was less. Wait 2 or 3 years then debate the PCP/cash options.

I'm awaiting new prices to come through for this quarter. @chris1012 If you'd like to get a second price on those prices, let me know.

29 minutes ago, ColinD said:

There would be a bump in the price on lease from Jan to now, simply for the VED increase. But also potentially from future values now being calculated lower.

The April drop would be a good call for retail drops in price as there is/was, isn't any incentive to discount retail early. Contract leasing isn't affected by this, which is why so many went for PCH, it was less. Wait 2 or 3 years then debate the PCP/cash options.

I'm awaiting new prices to come through for this quarter. @chris1012 If you'd like to get a second price on those prices, let me know.

When do you think you will have the new quotes by? Would you like me to message you the spec details?

The VED increase for me was only £6 per month.

I was told that current quotes are way more than my December one, though I don't know what current equivalent might be.

5 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

The VED increase for me was only £6 per month.

I was told that current quotes are way more than my December one, though I don't know what current equivalent might be.

How much will it cost you per month when you get the car and what spec?

9 hours ago, chris1012 said:

Looks like the Kodiaq lease dream is coming to an end!

Not necessarily...

Whilst a Kodiaq doesn't work for us (my views on poverty spec, low poke engines to achieve the claimed 2500kg weight because you can't delete 2 seats from a 7 seat car are already here for all in this trail!), I played with a right hand drive Kodiaq two days ago whilst my Yeti was being serviced and it's great!

So a Merc GLC and VW Tiguan ticks the spec at the same priced lease deal and an X3 M Sport is much cheaper (I've got it to around £320 pm, 9+35 and 10k pa), but my advice would be wait 12 months if you can and see how the Kodiaq pricing develops. 

On my experience this week it might be worth hanging on until the initial hype dies down - especially if Skoda decide I can have a meaty, high spec tow car rather than a bus.....

It really is fab in the flesh though!

• Administrators

So guys, it's come to my attention that SKODA have removed free metallic paint; it was free, now it's not. So PCH quotes before the 4th of April and post will be different if metallic paint is involved, and it maybe something a dealer misses when quoting now too.

Right so after speaking to a few dealers and not getting anywhere close to my budget, My Dealer is looking to provide me the following -

Edition 1.4TSI 150 DSG (7 Seat) 2WD
36 Months (3+35) 10kpa £400 inc VAT per month

includes - 
·  ISOFIX on front passenger seat
·  Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds
·  Media Command
·  Park assist

I am kicking myself as in January I would have probably paid around the £300 a month inc VAT for the same as above.

Should I bite the bullet and go for it?