Magazine featured mk3 octavia vrs estate 390bhp

Ant-Vrs

Over the pass few months I've changed some bits out. 

Dynamic indicators in the wing mirrors

Led puddle light in the wing mirrors but had to wire them into the interior door light as no wiring loom was there (14plate car)

Milotec rear spoiler extension in gloss black

Still need to fit the steel sump with racingline sump plug. I've seen to many gti/r cracking the plastic ones, the same that's on our cars

20190103_145658.jpg

20190103_145708.jpg

20190103_145701.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/01/2019 at 08:08, Ant-Vrs said:

Led puddle light in the wing mirrors but had to wire them into the interior door light as no wiring loom was there (14plate car)

Did you have to buy different wingmirror covers for the bottom section where the puddle lights are?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2016 at 07:56, Ant-Vrs said:
On 22/10/2016 at 11:39, sharkrider said:

I will be watching with interest Ant :) loved the fabia..... doesn't the 220 come with the bigger brakes as part of the package?

I bet you will with all the others lol. I'm not sure but what I've read they changed the size on the later ones to the 312mm.

All the petrol vrs's came with 340mm front discs and still do. Earlier diesel models had 340mm discs but newer ones had the 312mm discs. Not sure at what point in time they changed. We have a 2014 model with 340mm discs.

Edited by Chimble

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2017 at 11:06, Ant-Vrs said:

I've fitted the RS3 air ducts to the car this morning. Nice quick job.

20171031_100942.jpg

20171031_102155.jpg

Hi Ant, tried sending you a PM but it didn’t work....did you have to modify the ducts at all prior to fitting? Tried fitting some today to my 245 but couldn’t get them to fit and one snapped :doh:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 08:30, JLawson90 said:

dont tell me you've never heard of airbag suspension before?

Guess what? :)

Now educated....

We all have to start somewhere!

Edited by Captain Vimes
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 05/02/2018 at 23:53, Ant-Vrs said:

So she's going on a diet even more.. I've picked up a Audi TTS alloy subframe and alloy wishbones and hopefully be saving +6kgs 

20180205_153653.jpg

Wow , even i am planning for a alloy subframe .... could you pls tell me the part number of this part number , and is it same as that of audi a3 , s3 alloy subframe ....

Respect for you build from India.... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/11/2019 at 16:10, MUFASA@8049 said:

Wow , even i am planning for a alloy subframe .... could you pls tell me the part number of this part number , and is it same as that of audi a3 , s3 alloy subframe ....

Respect for you build from India.... 

Sorry I cant remember the part number for the alloy subframe, I think they are all the same on the mqb platform. The wishbones have to be modified to fit the vrs balljoint to keep it the same width/track

Holy crap, reading this has just made me even more excited for my collection tomorrow morning! Unfortunately my days of modifying to this level have long gone with a young family in tow but will certainly be putting a few personal touches to the car along the way and this inspirational build may be used as a reference.

Keep it up,

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on the vrs.... the vrs is no longer with me. It's been broken down and put back to standard and traded in. 

My new next project is a 67 plate audi s3 8v2 3 door (rare, stop making them in 2017) with massive spec

20200306_155127.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Just an update on the vrs.... the vrs is no longer with me. It's been broken down and put back to standard and traded in. 

My new next project is a 67 plate audi s3 8v2 3 door (rare, stop making them in 2017) with massive spec

20200306_155127.jpg

Don't forget to make a link to the inevitable modifications thread lol. :thumbup:

As you've broken the vrs, at least you'll have a few parts already waiting for the Audi though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/03/2020 at 05:35, StealthRS245 said:

Nice one Ant, bet you're enjoying that awd traction👌

It's so much better to drive. Cant wait to put my own touch on it 

On 16/03/2020 at 13:46, john999boy said:

Don't forget to make a link to the inevitable modifications thread lol. :thumbup:

As you've broken the vrs, at least you'll have a few parts already waiting for the Audi though.

Yeah I will do john. I've kept a few bits from the vrs. Got loads to fit on it

• Like 1