Octavia III Facelift

2 hours ago, shanemeh said:

Saw my first face lift today in Southampton. Still looked as horrendous with those lights in the flesh as the photos on here.

I have to say its grown on me since the initial shock and disbelief. I will probably buy one. 

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shanemeh said:

Saw my first face lift today in Southampton. Still looked as horrendous with those lights in the flesh as the photos on here.

But the best bit is, the driver can't see it, only those they inflect it on, which is anotjer good reason to get one !!!!

18 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

But the best bit is, the driver can't see it, only those they inflect it on, which is anotjer good reason to get one !!!!

Only if you never get out of you car.

32 minutes ago, nidza said:

Congratulations! :)

Diesel. Why not TSI?

Thanks, and well originally wanted a petrol but I ended up with the diesel and I'm happy with it :)

It will be interesting to see how the market reacts to the facelift now they are in the showrooms. Lots of people on here saying they won't buy a 4 eyes but I reckon it will still sell.  People bought the Mk1 Fabia Saloon and Mk2 Superb after all. 

2 minutes ago, juan27 said:

It will be interesting to see how the market reacts to the facelift now they are in the showrooms. Lots of people on here saying they won't buy a 4 eyes but I reckon it will still sell.  People bought the Mk1 Fabia Saloon and Mk2 Superb after all. 

I'd say it wouldn't put most people off buying one and might even attract a few new buyers. I bought mine more for the tech upgrades inside.. We get the columbus infotainment as standard on the style spec in Ireland and that touch screen is really nice.. 

49 minutes ago, mpwood123 said:

No no still 2016 model, I don't like the facelift lights to be honest!

:D:D:D

I ordered mine the day I saw first official pics of FL in October. :biggrin: Very same day... Plus RS 245 was expected not before 2018.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Does anybody know how the FL has been give a 38mm wider stance ?

Has the wheel offset been changed or have actually altered the hub positions

I also want to know. Probably hubs are wider. Wheels must be same. If you look to pre-FL you can see how narrow back tyre thread is, so it basically cries for 2cm spacer on each wheel.

4 minutes ago, nidza said:

... Plus RS 245 was expected not before 2018.

Surely they can't have announced it at Geneva in March and not sell it until next year? 

I ordered my Scout because there's nothing else, pound for pound , that can replace my current Scout. Bar another one of course.

The fact it's got the new glass front stereo and led headlights plus a few other bits means it's enough to keep me amused for another 2 years.

There are few other cars that'll tow my caravan so easily, swallow the family dog and kit yet still hit late 50s on the motorway , have all the toys and have 4 wheel drive.

It's the ideal car. And I actually don't mind the front end!

Ok guys I was on car show in Slovenia this week end so her is Skoda salon. I saw new VRS, Scout, plus Kodiaq and nice Superb Sport Line. :) I love the new Sport Seats in VRS with alcantra! And if your interested in cars in general hers the whole car show. Also if you want to see some other cars more in detail check my YouTube channel.

Edited by Croat
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

I ordered my Scout because there's nothing else, pound for pound , that can replace my current Scout. Bar another one of course.

That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to on a new VRS Estate.  Octavias are not cheap now when you take into account the actual prices you have to pay for other brands, but the package is fairly unique in terms of space and pace in a sub 30K car.  I have to say I was disappointed with the styling of the O3 when it first came out, not sure the new front is more beautiful, but it is less bland. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

The facelift looks are likely to make little difference to the sales in the UK,

the petrol's should do OK, the diesels might take a hit though.

Not many petrols. No petrol Scout or 4x4 Est. No 1.8s

If they can do a 1.4TSi Kodiak 4x4 why no Octy? 

• Like 1

Once 35 Cities or more introduce higher parking charges or congestion charges on diesels, even Euro 6 emission diesels Skoda CZ / UK will need a rethink obviously & get some petrol's available.

& 1.5TSI ones, not some 1.4TSI / TFSI 150ps ACT / COD emission kidology ones.

Not so many Taxis in the UK need to have Haldex,

and the Ambulances and Emergency vehicles will get away with being diesel i would imagine.

Edited by Awayoffski

9 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Not many petrols. No petrol Scout or 4x4 Est. No 1.8s

If they can do a 1.4TSi Kodiak 4x4 why no Octy? 

Is there a 1.4tsi 140 bhp in the UK? I would have been interested in this engine if it were available in ireland 

1 hour ago, Micks_address said:

Is there a 1.4tsi 140 bhp in the UK? I would have been interested in this engine if it were available in ireland 

150bhp in 1.4 Octavia

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Once 35 Cities or more introduce higher parking charges or congestion charges on diesels, even Euro 6 emission diesels Skoda CZ / UK will need a rethink obviously & get some petrol's available.

& 1.5TSI ones, not some 1.4TSI / TFSI 150ps ACT / COD emission kidology ones.

Not so many Taxis in the UK need to have Haldex,

and the Ambulances and Emergency vehicles will get away with being diesel i would imagine.

This Diesle higer taxing is discriminating. :(

I have had my order confirmed today through Lex with an estimated delivery mid to late June.

Gone for a 1.4 SEL Estate in metallic silver and the black interior.  Added on the front parking sensors, heated seats, interior light package, Canton sound system and the all important space saver spare wheel.

It will be replacing a 14 plate Golf GTD - need more space these days with two children and the Octavia ticked all the boxes nicely.  SEL got more than enough on the spec to keep me happy.

Quite like the front end - much sharper than the pre-facelift.

• Like 1