Octavia III Facelift

8 hours ago, juan27 said:

Surely they can't have announced it at Geneva in March and not sell it until next year? 

What was the time difference between SKODA showing off the following vehicles, and them actually appearing in the UK? 

Superb Sportline 

Octavia 230 vRS

Octavia vRS 4x4

7 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

What was the time difference between SKODA showing off the following vehicles, and them actually appearing in the UK? 

Superb Sportline 

Octavia 230 vRS

Octavia vRS 4x4

230 was announced Feb 2015 and available autumn 15 I think? 

15 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Which why the vRS245 is unlikey this year

Don't follow that logic. According to Autocar its July this year. If that's available to order July that fits the previous VRS230 timetable from announcement to launch pretty closely. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/new-car-release-dates#July2017

Edited by juan27

I'm tempted to upgrade to a new FL VRS, petrol dsg estate, but struggling to find the standard equipment list. Do they include DCC, ACC and other previously-optional items, as these were suggested as standard on some sites (eg Evo)?

1 hour ago, MattChr said:

I'm tempted to upgrade to a new FL VRS, petrol dsg estate, but struggling to find the standard equipment list. Do they include DCC, ACC and other previously-optional items, as these were suggested as standard on some sites (eg Evo)?

Both extras as stated, and in the case of ACC expensive compared with the price on the SEAT Leon. If you do a configuration on the Skoda website and don't specify any options you can print the standard spec items.  

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

What in the UK?

Well its a UK magazine. I guess the point is the 230 was not announced until a couple of years after the O3 but the 245 has been announced pretty much at the same time as the standard FL VRS.  I think available to order in the UK from July is credible. 

Guest Cossiecol
17 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

With 13 weeks to get a factory order & a PCP ending in September, a possible July is no Fn use to me.

Not so sure about that, placed my order for a FL 4x4 vRS with plenty of options at the end of March, got a build date of wc15th of May

Guest Cossiecol
22 hours ago, MattChr said:

Both DCC and ACC are options, circa 830 and 500 respectively (from memory)

Guest Cossiecol
2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Stealers are quoting 12 weeks same as when the O3 first came out

Yea, they did the same to me, which was still down on my 20+ week wait when I ordered my current one. But got the call last week confirming the build date.

Really wasn't sure about the FL when it came out, but theres so much kit and at a good price I am now not bothered about the lights :)

2 minutes ago, Cossiecol said:

Yea, they did the same to me, which was still down on my 20+ week wait when I ordered my current one. But got the call last week confirming the build date.

Really wasn't sure about the FL when it came out, but theres so much kit and at a good price I am now not bothered about the lights :)

That is quick, end of march you say, so 6 weeks order to build, 3/4 weeks for delivery & PDI.

Happy chappy mid June, nice

Guest Cossiecol
1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

That is quick, end of march you say, so 6 weeks order to build, 3/4 weeks for delivery & PDI.

Happy chappy mid June, nice

Yep, hoping that it'll be with me start of June 

Guest Cossiecol
1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Twould be nice but, 2 weeks build, transport & PDI is asking a lot but, I'll cross my fingers for you

cheers :) got a week off 5th of June so it'd be nice to have the car for then.

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Twould be nice but, 2 weeks build, transport & PDI is asking a lot but, I'll cross my fingers for you

My Superb was built on 13th March and in at the stealers on 31st and in my hands on 1st so there is hope :-) 

Edited by tigermad

Hey guys today went to see the new Kodiaq in salon. Made a very detail video. Migh go next week for a test drive. But had another oportunity to make a short video of FL Octavia. One has sport seets! Check it out!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Croat said:

Hey guys today went to see the new Kodiaq in salon. Made a very detail video. Migh go next week for a test drive. But had another oportunity to make a short video of FL Octavia. One has sport seets! Check it out!

Thanks for that. I've ordered the sports seats and canton speakers in mine so nice to see them 

• Like 1

Just now, Croat said:

NP that's why I am making this videos to help others. :)

Cheers I added sports line pack to my facelift... The dealer says it will come with 17 inch hawk alloys.. They are nice but I've had bad experience with diamond cut alloys in the past. Thing is I dont see any info on the sportline pack for facelift... Is it the same alloys as pre facelift?