Octavia III Facelift

8 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Cheers I added sports line pack to my facelift... The dealer says it will come with 17 inch hawk alloys.. They are nice but I've had bad experience with diamond cut alloys in the past. Thing is I dont see any info on the sportline pack for facelift... Is it the same alloys as pre facelift? 

He also reckons will come with bi xenons but surely they will be leds? 

IDK every country has different spec options defined by local importer company.

Edited by Croat

....the 181bhp 2.0-litre TDI remains unchanged, there’s now the choice of twinning it with all-wheel drive for the first time

erm, what about the brief appearance of the pre-facelift diesel 4x4 vRS?

and the introduction of more ‘Simply Clever’ features, such as foldable tables on the seatbacks, more power sockets and the always welcome heated steering wheel. 

heated steering wheel ?

...Adaptive suspension is standard...

Is it ?

But not quick by the modern yardstick of hot hatches or even overcooked compact SUVs (a Tiguan powered by VW’s new 236bhp 2.0-litre bi-turbo unit would leave the Octavia standing).

well, durrrr

Anything with 50 more horsepower is likely to be quicker

Edited by Wet Kipper
more strange things in the article

4 hours ago, vrskeith said:

As pointed out there are some factual inaccuracies in this, but I think they also need to be clearer about what is at additional cost. The Alcantara seats coming in at £925 for example. Seems to me a lot of the "new" stuff on the FL is optional on the VRS.

• Like 3

AutoExpress and WhatCar also have VRS reviews out today, but no new information really.  They all seem to use the same pics of a manual car which is interesting as the Autocar piece is about a DSG! 

Edited by juan27

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

The Alcantara seats coming in at £925 for example. Seems to me a lot of the "new" stuff on the FL is optional on the VRS.

Yeah I like Alcantara having got used to it in an Elegance but, I'll be focked if I'd be spending that much on it in a vRS as my little one can really grind stuff into the seats without even trying.

Guest Cossiecol
22 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah I like Alcantara having got used to it in an Elegance but, I'll be focked if I'd be spending that much on it in a vRS as my little one can really grind stuff into the seats without even trying.

Are the seats the same as the old pre-facelift? i.e. half leather or are they had Alcantara? can't really see from the info/pictures on the website. Not bothered either way more out of curiosity.

I think I saw a picture of normal manmade fibre twill materail with some cross stiching patterns as the standard. SWMBO said she didn't like leather when I got the Elegance but, hasn't mentioned it in the 3 years we've had the car, I don't really care about the seat covering. Certainly don't care a grands worth.....

However, DCC (ie. sports suspension SWMBO won't know about) at less than a grand is a Fn steal

Edited by themanwithnoaim

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:10, themanwithnoaim said:

Having been on the Skoda configurator for FL vRS, I am unable to choose Alcantra as an option. Am I correct in assuming that the vRS comes with Alcantra? On the configurator summary of all the equipment it does say "seat trim covers in fabric and Alcantra".

Thats because you haven't chosen the heated seats at another £250 for the fronts or £400 for front & back.

Oh yeah, its not just gonna cost you £675 for the upholstery but, more because Skoda UK won't let you have Alcantara without heating cos Alcantara is hell to sit on when its cold !!!!!!

14 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Thats because you haven't chosen the heated seats at another £250 for the fronts or £400 for front & back.

Oh yeah, its not just gonna cost you £675 for the upholstery but, more because Skoda UK won't let you have Alcantara without heating cos Alcantara is hell to sit on when its cold !!!!!!

Try specifying electric adjustment for the drivers seat in the UK....you can't just do the drivers seat so

Electric Front Seats Adjustment......£750 but only with 

Memory Mirrors.....£125

Alcantara....£675

Heated Fr Seats....£250

That's £1800!

On the German konfigurator you can have just the drivers seat €550, and granted they do force you to have Alcantara €550 and the mirror memory €10

but I could get what I want for €1110 or about £940... almost half the UK cost. 

I'm a bit miffed they aren't offering leather too. Alcantara looks really nice but how easy is it to clean?

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Mirror Memory £125 vs. €10 is a bit of a shock!  It should be free given that it is just configuration if you have electric seats and electric mirrors.  I wonder if you can do it with VCDS... (If it's still called that - haven't thought about it for a while).

Edited by Juniperz

29 minutes ago, Juniperz said:

29 minutes ago, Juniperz said:

Mirror Memory £125 vs. €10 is a bit of a shock!  It should be free given that it is just configuration if you have electric seats and electric mirrors.  I wonder if you can do it with VCDS... (If it's still called that - haven't thought about it for a while).

Well as you can't buy the leccy seats without adding the mirrors I guess its academic if you can activate the mirrors with software only.  

To be fair about the €10 v £125 I think the electrically folding mirrors are standard in Germany, so you are literally paying for the config (if you like) whereas in the UK without memory electric folding mirrors are £175. (Go figure).

Edited by juan27