Octavia III Facelift

On 4/13/2017 at 11:47, juan27 said:

Try specifying electric adjustment for the drivers seat in the UK....you can't just do the drivers seat so

Electric Front Seats Adjustment......£750 but only with 

Memory Mirrors.....£125

Alcantara....£675

Heated Fr Seats....£250

That's £1800!

On the German konfigurator you can have just the drivers seat €550, and granted they do force you to have Alcantara €550 and the mirror memory €10

but I could get what I want for €1110 or about £940... almost half the UK cost. 

I'm a bit miffed they aren't offering leather too. Alcantara looks really nice but how easy is it to clean?

I believe it is wise to wait RS245 when it becomes a bit more mature model - if this is possible. RS230 was a bargain comparing to regular RS with same add-ons at the end of production. You get plenty of equipment including torque vectoring LSD on front wheels as most valuable add-on, rare care, slightly different from outside. In Serbia price difference was approx. 2500€ only.

On ‎13‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 11:47, juan27 said:

Try specifying electric adjustment for the drivers seat in the UK....you can't just do the drivers seat so

Electric Front Seats Adjustment......£750 but only with 

Memory Mirrors.....£125

Alcantara....£675

Heated Fr Seats....£250

That's £1800!

On the German konfigurator you can have just the drivers seat €550, and granted they do force you to have Alcantara €550 and the mirror memory €10

but I could get what I want for €1110 or about £940... almost half the UK cost. 

I'm a bit miffed they aren't offering leather too. Alcantara looks really nice but how easy is it to clean?

I dont know why you are complaining :-) In Norway the cheapest Octavia is £25500, RS from about £35000.

My 1,8 TSI DSG 4x4 L&K, pretty loaded, will cost you £42000!

Even the cheapest one has electric and heated folding mirrors, heated seats and ACC though. Electric driver seat with memory is an £465 option.

Sorry for the lame question, but the user manual is not really clear on that - all manual pages regarding Bluetooth won't mention it comes as an option.

Skoda's page on vRS 3FL says that "comfortable use of phone" (whatever that means) comes as standard, but during the configuration one can choose "wireless phone charging with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi" which has no detailed description.

Does that mean that without selecting that additional option 3FL has no Bluetooth capability at all, or is it there but limited in some way? I'm thinking about basic making/receiving calls, not voice commands.

Thanks and cheers!

3 hours ago, norsko said:

I dont know why you are complaining :-) In Norway the cheapest Octavia is £25500, RS from about £35000.

My 1,8 TSI DSG 4x4 L&K, pretty loaded, will cost you £42000!

Even the cheapest one has electric and heated folding mirrors, heated seats and ACC though. Electric driver seat with memory is an £465 option.

Well granted those prices are crazy...But why oh why can't I even order a 1.8Tsi in the UK? Or a petrol 4x4 of any description? 

Thanks for help - it really seems so. I was able to dig the old plain paper price lists with all equipment listed and Bluetooth is indeed in all versions. The online configurator is really good at upselling poorly described features making people think they are needed :-) Thanks!

• Like 1

Has the Octavia 3 facelift introduction been exceptionally long and most drawn out?

This could just be my perception, being part of the forum and having an interest in Octavias but it seems to have been a very long and drawn out affair and I still haven't seen one yet.

Most other introductions, I hear about - quickly followed by I see one in the flesh. Then again it could be that I'm not paying enough attention to be fully aware of the lead up to the introduction in these cases.

What think you?

12 minutes ago, Octy0GG said:

Has the Octavia 3 facelift introduction been exceptionally long and most drawn out?

This could just be my perception, being part of the forum and having an interest in Octavias but it seems to have been a very long and drawn out affair and I still haven't seen one yet.

Most other introductions, I hear about - quickly followed by I see one in the flesh. Then again it could be that I'm not paying enough attention to be fully aware of the lead up to the introduction in these cases.

What think you?

Still waiting to see one on the road around Dublin.. I've mine ordered since 15th of March... Will be contacting dealer Tuesday to see if theres a build date yet.. 

4 hours ago, Octy0GG said:

What think you?

I think people see the images and think "wow, that's fugly", then think "I must go and look at one in the flesh".

Then they go and see one, vomit, don't buy one, and that's why you aren't seeing any :smirk:

Maybe

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol
22 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I think people see the images and think "wow, that's fugly", then think "I must go and look at one in the flesh".

Then they go and see one, vomit, don't buy one, and that's why you aren't seeing any :smirk:

Maybe

Started out thinking nope nope nope, that moved to its ok.

then moved to I don't dislike it and it's the only thing on the car I'm not sure about and it's better value than anything else I like.

thats moved to I actually like them and passed one the other day and still like them.

I saw several in flesh already and I still dont like it... for start, I wouldnt call these lights a nice design, and for those saying it needed a facelift, I agree, but then it should have been done like Audi does it, just tighten the lines, not uglifys it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toni8b said:

I saw several in flesh already and I still dont like it... for start, I wouldnt call these lights a nice design, and for those saying it needed a facelift, I agree, but then it should have been done like Audi does it, just tighten the lines, not uglifys it.

Still to see one in the flesh but I'm a bit away from big centres of population.

Does occur to me that the current Superb's front end looks fairly decent - a 'facelift' along those lines would have been a safer bet..... Mind you did they just want to provide an extra reason for shelling out the extra cash for a Superb.

11 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Have you driven a Superb ? I have & I can tell you, Superb they ain't, wallowing bucket of **** don't come into it. 

A less involving drive I find hard to imagine.

That's your opinion, don't force it on other people. They can make their own mind up.

Edited by tigermad

On 4/16/2017 at 23:10, pist0nbr0ke said:

Maybe

They've only been in the showrooms a couple of weeks or so.  I went to see and a black one looked fine to me, less impressed by lighter colours. They will be queuing up outside a station near you soon. 

One could be cynical or a conspiracy theorist, but the controversial facelift of their most popular "traditional" model occurs just as they have introduced the Kodiak - a model in a booming market sector that is traditionally taking sales from the "family car" sector....

Nissan used the opportunity of the wacky styled last Primera to get people into Qashqai, Ford used the doomed Scorpio to introduce people into the Volvo and Jaguar brands (which they owned)

I was at the dealer the other day and I got to say that I was not very keen on the new  glossy look of the buttons underneath the infortainment unit. Looks kind of cheap to me. Pre-FL has matt and I like it much more.

20170403_111024.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Have you driven a Superb ? I have & I can tell you, Superb they ain't, wallowing bucket of **** don't come into it. 

Have you driven Sportline?, it has stiffer suspension.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hah you want to try a MKI Octavia 4x4 cross country keeping up with a scooby... By comparison, the superb ( I've owned mkII and tested new in Scotland; Inverness to Gairloch and back ) don't rock the preverbal boat. 

I share with you though, within 1 mile of the start of the test in Scotland we'd enabled the chassis/steering trickery to tighten it up. Without that, on anything bar a motorway then I'd agree wallow, but 90% of it steering physiology.

Now that said, let's return 2002, and a mkI Octavia 4x4; think scout before marketing dept was well funded, well that was like a boat! Even worse on track days... you just had to get used to it, almost turn in before the corner to get the rock going then press on into as the rock settled. Sure a vRS would be far more composed and a bit quicker on track... on bumpy b roads... I never lost a sump ;)

I was overtaken by a tractor in Ireland in my vRS. SWMBO was in stitches... so was I, but mostly from the amount of scraping I was getting off a 'normal' road, silly stiff suspension mods.

• Like 1