Windows all down

I went to my car about 11 this morning and all the windows were down. It's a 2 week old octavia vrs, is there a button that brings them all down at once? I locked it last night with the key fob and I'm positive they didn't come down then and no windows were down at that point. My family wouldn't have touched my keys either they know better

Is the car within range of where you were?

Pushing the unlock button on your key fob and holding it for a couple of seconds does this.  Perhaps pushed inadvertently while in your pocket?

Gaz

Is the car within range of where you were?

Pushing the unlock button on your key fob and holding it for a couple of seconds does this. Perhaps pushed inadvertently while in your pocket?

Gaz

In the drive so yeah easy within range.

I've just tried it and that's exactly what's happened...I'll need to watch that. Very lucky it wasn't pishing it down as my car would have been soaking. Thanks mate

Edited by Cammy5477
  • Like 1

I went to my car about 11 this morning and all the windows were down. It's a 2 week old octavia vrs, is there a button that brings them all down at once? I locked it last night with the key fob and I'm positive they didn't come down then and no windows were down at that point. My family wouldn't have touched my keys either they know better

This happened to me recently, early morning , I had the keys in my pocket and knelt down to tie shoelaces, went outside straight after and all windows were down....took me ages to realise what I'd done after about 20 mins checking nothing had been robbed from my car!

Duuuuuh! ????

• Like 2

I've found my boot lid open for the same reason, as the button for the boot sticks out. Resulted in the alarm going off a couple of times. Putting a VW rubber key cover/protector thingy over the key has helped. At least if an unlock button is just pressed briefly the car will automatically relock after 20-30 seconds.

Edited by Rodge

Pretty sure you can turn the feature off within the infotainment. This is my second VAG vehicle with the feature and so far the only way it's proven useful is to drain the key batter quickly. Other than that, not much use. That's just me though.

Pretty sure you can turn the feature off within the infotainment. This is my second VAG vehicle with the feature and so far the only way it's proven useful is to drain the key batter quickly. Other than that, not much use. That's just me though.

Very useful when you have locked the car and HTMBO says "I've left my window open" just press the lock button again for a few seconds and up they go!!

• Like 1

Must keep that in mind as with Kessy I tend to keep the key fob in my pocket and then forget it's there. Must say I like the feature of lowering all windows together as I use it to quickly vent the hot car interior, seats, steering wheel, etc when the car has been parked in the sun during summer; but maybe not such a problem up't north end of country.

so far the only way it's proven useful is to drain the key batter quickly. Other than that, not much use. That's just me though.

Very useful for the days when the car i sat in the summer sun in the work carpark and I can open all the windows from my office and let the cool sea breeze through the car a few minutes before I leave work!

I also use it to open all the windows as I approach with my jacket or bag in my hand and I can just throw them through the open rear window.

• Like 2

My Leons both had this feature but it's only with my Octavia that I've done it accidentally (twice now) from inside the house. I can only presume they different key design means the unlock button is easier to activate as it presses against other stuff in my pocket. Either that or the range is better on it, or both.

Think I'm going to disable the feature as it's pure luck that my daughter has noticed my car windows all down and asked me about it.