EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

2 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

23 days to go!!

A challenge to all the leave advocates. 

Ask your employer what impact leaving the EU without a deal will have on their business and your job. 

As above you've got 23 days until any impact affects you. 

• Like 1

Just now, gadgetman said:

Ask your employer what impact leaving the EU without a deal will have on their business and your job. 

Absolutely none. American owned $5 billion annual turnover. We distribute to Europe, Middle East and Asia.:thumbup: No goods imported from the EU net exporter, good for UK economy.:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

The massive lorry queues at Calais are just a taste of things to come.
Expect shortages of fresh fruit and veg in the next day or so. 

• Like 1

Just like the Millennium, so much job creation and preparation a contingencies and an opportunity to earn and not a clue what might happen until it happens.

It looks like people in the UK will have to eat brown meat, mis-shaped vegetables, and use up stuff in their fridges, freezers if the electricity & gas stays on.

Is the time to start the panic buying, filling vehicles fuel tanks, spare fuel cans, chopping down trees, cutting peat etc.  If not already done!

Edited by Skoffski

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Just like the Millennium, so much job creation and preparation a contingencies and an opportunity to earn and not a clue what might happen until it happens.

It looks like people in the UK will have to eat brown meat, mis-shaped vegetables, and use up stuff in their fridges, freezers if the electricity & gas stays on.

Is the time to start the panic buying, filling vehicles fuel tanks, spare fuel cans, chopping down trees, cutting peat etc.  If not already done!

Got paid 4 times more than usual on 31/12/1999 because the world was about to end. Guess what it didn't same as Brexit Project Fear.:speechless:

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Got paid 4 times more than usual on 31/12/1999 because the world was about to end.

That was because of people like me fixing the so-called "Minnelium Bug".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

If BREXIT was so easy then.

Lets see what happens if there is Snowmageddon in the south of the UK at the end of March.

This was Sainsbury's in Hedge End, one of their bigger stores in the South. Snow fell on Wednesday, photo taken on Saturday.

IMG_20180303_182832 (1).jpg

• Haha 2

Yes, thats how it rolls in the south, just as well you cleared off.

People are pi33ing their pants no doubt as some try to start panic buying.   Central Eastern Trolls types.

Waiting for the run on the pound and The Bank Of England having to act as people withdraw all their money to have it in cash.

Buying  wheel barrows while they still can to transport it in to go buy a gabbage.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Absolutely none. American owned $5 billion annual turnover. We distribute to Europe, Middle East and Asia.:thumbup: No goods imported from the EU net exporter, good for UK economy.:biggrin:

Hmmm let's see how trade deals will work out with the US if there's any treath to the good Friday agreement,you know that incidental little thing that the US is a signitory of,the one that's holding everything up,that pesky backstop thing, the one the colonial oinks are insisting on ,don't worry about exporting to Europe,the rest of the world will be queing up to do business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skoffski said:

Yes, thats how it rolls in the south, just as well you cleared off.

People are pi33ing their pants no doubt as some try to start panic buying.   Central Eastern Trolls types.

Car boots this Sunday selling bread for £5 a loaf. Good way to lose weight, stop buying bread. Wonder if McDonalds and KFC will run out as well. No worries don't eat junk food. Off out to celebrate best friends 60th Birthday tonight, hope the  restaurant has enough food cause I'm starving.:party:

It was always going to end badly............

Brexit negotiations descend into disarray as EU warns 'no solution' sight

Irish PM says he has 'no legal texts or draft legal texts to consider'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-negotiations-theresa-may-barnier-geoffrey-cox-irish-backstop-a8809926.html

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Car boots this Sunday selling bread for £5 a loaf. Good way to lose weight, stop buying bread. Wonder if McDonalds and KFC will run out as well. No worries don't eat junk food. Off out to celebrate best friends 60th Birthday tonight, hope the  restaurant has enough food cause I'm starving.:party:

Fast food companies along with supermarkets have already voiced warnings to government, given 60% of our fresh food comes from the EU. 

Most of what's in your cupboard, fridge and freezer will have come from the EU. 

I can easily do my weekly shopping and not buy a single item from the EU. Fresh meat and veg - farm shop fresher, tastes better, lasts longer and locally sourced. Fish I catch myself or buy direct and freeze. Bread, cheese and milk from the UK. The only thing I knowing buy from the EU is Lurpak butter because I prefer it and HP sauce. Beer is UK or Mexican, wine from the New World. Canned goods often have suitably vague country of origin labels on so they stay in the store. I prefer to eat seasonal veg so do not miss tasteless Spanish lettuce in the Winter or any time of the year plus I don't like EU approved modern slavery working in the Spanish poly tunnels. No I don't shop in Aldi/ Lidl so avoid a lot of EU stuff that way, used to until I found that some of their veg on sale were two days past their shelf life.  

BBC Nine had a story on tonight with a sheep farmer from Sutherland. No deal Brexit means that at the end of the month the meat she exports will have a 68% tariff added to it, funnily enough she sid Brexit is going to destroy her business.

9 minutes ago, domhnall said:

BBC Nine had a story on tonight with a sheep farmer from Sutherland. No deal Brexit means that at the end of the month the meat she exports will have a 68% tariff added to it, funnily enough she sid Brexit is going to destroy her business.

Back to subsistence farming and basket weaving perhaps.

Scottish and RoUK Farmers, Fisherpeople, Food & Drink producers exporting products for a premium price while cheap imports arrive from anywhere around the world.

Just how it was and fresh fish / live seafoods & live animals need moved out the country with much haste.

People in the UK do tend to like their Scampi rather than 'Langoustine' & New Zealand Lamb rather than Scottish, Welsh, or even English or Northern Irish Lamb or 'Mutton'.

(But mutton is not cheap,)

Prawns were prawns when i was young, and it was 'partons' (crabs) & lobsters.  Cottage pie made with beef mince and Shepherds pie with lamb mince (sheep.)

Pangasius / Basa / Vietnamese River Cobbler (White Catfish, Grey Sole), the cheap fish brought in from Vietnam obviously will no doubt still get to supermarkets in the UK 

and customers will likely have not a clue just what it is and that it is not seafood.

Dublin Bay Prawns, Norwegian Lobsters (Prawns), Scottish Langoustinen (prawns), you can fool many people much of the time.

You can not make a 'Scottish Mutton pie' with lamb. Never stops people from doing it though. Or saying they are 'Scottish Mutton pies'.

Edited by Skoffski

15 hours ago, Lee01 said:

The massive lorry queues at Calais are just a taste of things to come.
Expect shortages of fresh fruit and veg in the next day or so. 

So the massive lorry queues have nothing to do with extra illegal immigrant checks being performed? Nothing?