High Mileage Register - Superb 3

93500 on the clock now. Not bad in two and a half years.

Soon we will have to start the Superb 3 "100.000 miles +" post

The car has been perfect so far and the only time it has spent at the garage was for servicing.

It has also spent 3 weeks at the repair shop when I had to avoid a van on the A66 driving on the opposite side who was in the middle of the road. Only escape was the Armco on my passenger side or a head on.

• Like 2

I Got my 66 plate Superb se Tdi Jan '17 Its now going in for its 100k service and it hasn't missed a beat, V comfy V economical still original rear tyres, pads and disks.:thumbup:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ShinerJJ said:

I Got my 66 plate Superb se Tdi Jan '17 Its now going in for its 100k service and it hasn't missed a beat, V comfy V economical still original rear tyres, pads and disks.:thumbup:

Good effort that!

Mine is still on original rear tyres, front pads and discs, quite amazing really.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how some people can have tyres sooo long??? I've had to replace summer tyres at 35.000km... And I drove them just about 8 months in total... The winter tyres are also down to 3.9mm (3mm is legal limit)... Hooow do you guys have tyres for sooo long??? :O
Pads look worn 40-60% so I guess good to go for next 20.000-30.000km

Delivery Date :- 11/15 (First Owner) , 1/19 Myself

Mileage - 22,000km's

Any Problem's :

A few warranty item under previous owner (washer jets, door trim)

New tyres to front

New from disks pads (rusted and scored)

Creaking from front suspension, otherwise very tight and rattle free.

Want to get gear oil changed (manual) to see if it eliminates slight whine in 1st.

Wow, I just LOVE this thread..

I’ve spent the last 5 years with Land Rover products, and hanging about on the related forums. There’s no way you’d find a thread like this that wasn’t full of problems - some of which posted by me - at lower mileages (think less than 1,000).

im so looking forward to getting my Superb later this month and not having to worry about whether the car will work properly..(although I have to say the current car has been fault free, but this seems rare..)

3 hours ago, FatWolfie said:

Wow, I just LOVE this thread..

I’ve spent the last 5 years with Land Rover products, and hanging about on the related forums. There’s no way you’d find a thread like this that wasn’t full of problems - some of which posted by me - at lower mileages (think less than 1,000).

im so looking forward to getting my Superb later this month and not having to worry about whether the car will work properly..(although I have to say the current car has been fault free, but this seems rare..)

I had a lot of issues with my Superb, but truth to be told these were mostly noise or minor issues. No real issues that would cause car to stall or let you stranded some where. So in that regard Skoda (and I mean whole Skoda) has really good, reliable cars compared to most competition. Obviously there are exceptions but my family had owned more than 5 Skoda's in past and they never let us down on the road. So Yeah I think that you won't regret =)

• 2 months later...

Popping mine on here as I passed the 100k mark at the beginning of the month.  Took delivery on 1st Feb 2016 with 9 miles on clock, went past 100,000 (and 100,009) on 2nd May 2019 (3 years 3 months and 2 days later).

Have had front tyres changed twice, both on around 45k.  Rears were changed at 73k but they weren't worn down, but had uneven wear on one side (both tyres).  As far as I know still original brake disks front and rear (company car so I can't remember it all but I think I would have recalled it).

No major issues apart from squeaky suspension which is due to be lubed up next week.  Still really loving car - was on a 3 year deal but got work to extend to 4 as it's so nice (and I can't afford a like-for-like replacement now as car budget hasn't kept pace with car prices).

Briskoda stickers have been in the car for 3 years now, no one has spotted me as yet!!  There is still time - I'm the rare red one that's not a Sportline!

• Like 2

122000 miles on the clock  now and still going strong. Took delivery on 2nd December 2015 and the biggest issue has been with the tracking (wheel alignment). Needs to be done every time I change the tyres. I manage about 20k on a set of 4. I do rotate them as  I prefer to make use of the lot.

7 minutes ago, mavala said:

122000 miles on the clock  now and still going strong. Took delivery on 2nd December 2015 and the biggest issue has been with the tracking (wheel alignment). Needs to be done every time I change the tyres. I manage about 20k on a set of 4. I do rotate them as  I prefer to make use of the lot.

What is the quality of roads like where you drive? I'm still only on 12814 since end of Feb 19.

• 1 year later...
On 15/05/2019 at 21:59, MCG1975 said:

Popping mine on here as I passed the 100k mark at the beginning of the month.  Took delivery on 1st Feb 2016 with 9 miles on clock, went past 100,000 (and 100,009) on 2nd May 2019 (3 years 3 months and 2 days later).

Have had front tyres changed twice, both on around 45k.  Rears were changed at 73k but they weren't worn down, but had uneven wear on one side (both tyres).  As far as I know still original brake disks front and rear (company car so I can't remember it all but I think I would have recalled it).

No major issues apart from squeaky suspension which is due to be lubed up next week.  Still really loving car - was on a 3 year deal but got work to extend to 4 as it's so nice (and I can't afford a like-for-like replacement now as car budget hasn't kept pace with car prices).

Briskoda stickers have been in the car for 3 years now, no one has spotted me as yet!!  There is still time - I'm the rare red one that's not a Sportline!

For a second there i thought... Is my car 

Red Superb SE 2.0tdi 148hp manual here ex company car manufactured dec 2016, got it 2.5 years later at 109k in those 109k had a service every 6 months and 2 sets of Michelin and 1 indicator front light bulb at 87k miles

Now at 124k, has the usual diesel rattle from cold caused by the vacuum pump till gets to operating temperature (common niggle); rattles from dash plastics sorted with textile tape

What needed done after 109k miles

Front and rear brake pads and disks at 109k.

One front shock mount and shock bearing ( i replaced all 4 shocks, springs and mounts as a prevention; front shocks were quite worn but not dead yet).

Aux electric water pumps playing up ( replaced both with latest revisions at 113k miles; first attempt to replace them failed to fix as not the latest revision was used at 112k)

Replaced aux belt , alternator pulley and aux belt tensioner as a prevention at 113k.

Gearbox oil changed at 112k miles as a prevention and glad after that i done it as mpg improved and it changed the feel of the gears

2 Michelin tyres for front as previously not rotated on time at 112k miles.

1 H7 long life bulb at 120k ...

Oil service is set at 9400 miles/1year

I used genuine vw group parts  except for shocks and aux belt kit.

Will need cam belt kit with water pump soon (awaits in the box) 

Spare wheel boot space was insulated with dodo math.

• Like 1

I got my 2016 2.0Tdi L&K DSG  in April 2019 (from my boss) with 50,000kms on it ............I now have 185,000kms on it, and it's rising at a rate of between 8k to 10k kms a month.

• Confused 1

Superb 190tdi Dsg6 4x4 delivered 2017 October.

73 250miles (117900km).

Average 5.4/100km

Towing 1900kg caravan average 9.5l/100km

Problems - Rear left damper oil leak during first year - warranty

Lock to tailgate replaced - warranty

Knocking from front suspension - fixed during service.

3rd set of summer tyres, 1st set of winter tyres.

I can't say that it feels like new anymore but almost :), creaking armrest is the most annoying thing so far .

On 11/08/2020 at 12:56, SpAwNtoHell said:

For a second there i thought... Is my car 

Red Superb SE 2.0tdi 148hp manual here ex company car manufactured dec 2016, got it 2.5 years later at 109k in those 109k had a service every 6 months and 2 sets of Michelin and 1 indicator front light bulb at 87k miles

Now at 124k, has the usual diesel rattle from cold caused by the vacuum pump till gets to operating temperature (common niggle); rattles from dash plastics sorted with textile tape

Safe to say it's not yours...as it's still with me  due to a replacement being delayed by the lockdown etc etc! 😄  Plus yours is a bit posher than mine, which is a 1.6TDi 'S' level trim.

Now on 129k which is a bit lower than it would have been as my driving has dropped off quite a bit due to furlough then working from home.  Still original brakes, suspension stopped squeaking after it was lubed but I think I can hear it coming back again.  Cam belt was changed around 110,000 which apparently was a few thousand over what it should have been done at (garage said 75k) but it's still going strong.

Just waiting to see if my company can get the finance sorted on its replacement, a new Octavia (Superbs now being out of my price bracket!) 😟  If not, may end up in a Scala...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...