'The Grand Tour' Latest news

Lady Elanore

The latest show was back to form. Very like one of the better Top Gears and the group seemed to have started to gel again. Stunning photography (the 4C and Windmills of the mind was gorgeous) and some wicked humour. A completely pointless game of Battleships destroying many G-Whizzzzzzzes was quite funny too Welcome back TG....er I mean TGT :)

I should also have added that I have read that the Dunsfold track that TG use is to be sold off for housing and such like. You have to feel sorry for TG, they just can't get a break :( 

Edited by Lady Elanore

I do wish they'd actually tell us a bit about the cars. They stopped doing that with TG as well although Chris Harris is doing it again.

I do wish they'd actually tell us a bit about the cars. They stopped doing that with TG as well although Chris Harris is doing it again.

The trouble is that the producers of both these programmes is that they are thinking of future sales to TV networks, it could be a couple of years before they appear on mainstream TV and of course the currently new cars won't be quite so new. 

Then you have to factor in the fact that not all cars are sold in all markets so for many parts of the world the road test will be irrelevant!

I think that one of the advantages of not being too thorough with their analysis of the car in question, is you can watch the show several years from now and if it was a good show when first broadcast, it will still be a good show in the future. If it was a pure motorcar based show, all factual and test drives with lots of comparisons, it would date incredibly quickly. 

But from what I saw last Friday, they look to be remaking TG. Great chemistry, not too scripted, pretty irreverent and some nice cars :)

Apparently last weeks episode with the 'meat' car was cut down by 30 minutes for the viewers in India! 

Am I in the minority in that i've not seen any of TGT episodes? and aren't particularly making any moves to view them judging by the comments on here.

I've seen the first five minutes of the first one and not ventured back.

Am I in the minority in that i've not seen any of TGT episodes? and aren't particularly making any moves to view them judging by the comments on here.

Well if you haven't got Amazon Prime then you can't see it, so I guess that like you, not too many people will be able to comment on it that haven't got Prime...if that makes sense. So yes you are probably in the minority, but that's because you haven't seen it. Catch 22?

I've seen the first five minutes of the first one and not ventured back.

Have a look at episode 5. Very like old TG on a good day

Of course if you didn't like TG, then there is little point

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

Well if you haven't got Amazon Prime then you can't see it, so I guess that like you, not too many people will be able to comment on it that haven't got Prime...if that makes sense. So yes you are probably in the minority, but that's because you haven't seen it. Catch 22?

You can. Its free to view on Kodi. ;).

They do a free trial for 30 days - I know someone who is waiting for the season to finish before signing up so he can them all within the 30 day trial.

You can also pay monthly for slightly more than the annual - I think it's £8/month versus £80 per year.

Agree the last two are far better - much like old TG. I was worried about the first couple, now they just need to stop pretending to kill celebs and get rid of American stigalike.

Edited by gullyg
  • Like 1

You can. Its free to view on Kodi. ;).

As someone who makes their living from the telly I can't possibly condone that 

They do a free trial for 30 days - I know someone who is waiting for the season to finish before signing up so he can them all within the 30 day trial.

I did wonder about that, but I used my free 30 days up when I got my new 4K telly :D

As someone who makes their living from the telly I can't possibly condone that 

I did wonder about that, but I used my free 30 days up when I got my new 4K telly :D

Use another email address :)

Streaming via Kodi isn't illegal ATM.

Getting a friend to record it, streaming, VPN's,Torrents, there are surely more ways to watch it free than to pay for it.

Edited by camelspyyder

They thump an MX5 in the bottom...rather hard too!

Side skirts were hanging off it at the end as well.

[i digress] Much as I find it uncomfortable to support any large business with dubious employment and tax practices, I think Amazon Prime is actually pretty decent for the money over all. I get a lot of use out of the music side of it as well as the streaming video.

• Like 1