'The Grand Tour' Latest news

Lady Elanore

Horses for courses

I thought last night was an improvement on ep2.

But the house demolition bit was pointless.

Agreed, definite improvement over E02 but still not a proper car show even by old TG standards. I enjoyed it as a show in general.

The house was indeed Clarkson's which had been demolished earlier this year, they didn't buy a house to blow it up as someone suggested earlier. They just used the opportunity to add the blowing up in the script.

The third show was much better, because it was mostly one big feature with them driving some nice cars around Italy, doing the "Grand Tour".

The cocking about was fairly toned down for them, and even the scripted "humour" wasn't too annoying.

There was no "The American" or test track this week - yay. But they did persist with the stupid "accidental celebrity guest death" "joke"

I'm wondering what the point of the tent and audience are. It's mostly about the films. The backdrop could be a green screen as far as anyone can tell. Seems like they're spending a lot of money on it for no good reason.

Oh and Clarkson't house went with an impressive kaboom.

• Like 2

I thought it was a return to form too :) Please TGT, stop the stupid 'killing off' of the celebs part. It's not funny :( and James May trying to produce a catch-phrase is pathetic. 

On the subject of JM, I wonder how much his heart is in this enterprise, he says very little in the tent part of the show and looks faintly bored by the whole thing. 

Found the page anyway from the search on your page :)

'In episode one, James will be reassembling the Christmas present we all dreamed of being left under the tree by Santa on Christmas morning: the Hornby toy train and track. (The remainingthree episodes feature a 1960's Kenwood Chef food mixer; a Dansette (a portable record player with integrated speakers from the 1950s/60s) and a 1976 Honda Z50a mini trail motorbike, known affectionately as the Monkey Bike'

It is just old Top Gear but with a bigger budget. Is is good but I didn't like the second episode with the "Groundhog Day" sequence in the military base. Got bored with it after the third time they went through it.

Ian