Top Speed out of your Fabia VRS

How can 130 be safe going round any sweeping bend :confused:

I am not denying I have gone quick round corners' date=' but not that quick.

The car is planted at 130 but in comparison to my Mondeo (better aerodynamics, fat 18" tyres, lower centre of gravity) it bodes no comparison.

That's not to say it can't do the 130/140/150 even on certain *cough* devonutopia's *cough* car(s) but I wouldn't feel safe at these license loosing speeds. Too much risk involved in terms of safety and loosing my license = no job = no car = no house.

I am being honest in saying I do drive quickly to 100 from time to time but rarely exceed this speed because I don't feel the need to, if you want a thrill, have a w@nk :D[/quote']

Hi

The car feels OK at that speed in a corner. The Mondeo feels better not as a result of the aerodynamics, but I suspect, as a result of the suspension layout and setup.

Wide tyres on 18" rims wont make much difference either (one of my previous cars was good for 150+ on 15" wheels and was very well planted for both straight line and cornering at high speeds).

Aerodynamically, I would expect a notchback to produce more lift at the rear end than a hatch as you have no area of low pressure above the boot and down the sloping rear screen.

I suppose it is a matter of what you are used to. Before speed camera obsessive times were upon us, I used to regularly set the cruise at 130 or 140 on suitable roads, so 130 in a short burst really does not constitute a big event.

As for the last comment, too much detail:magnify:

Chris

You reguarly set the cruise at 130 on UK roads (motorway I assume)?

:thumbdwn:

Mostly:D

Speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills....

See say it often enough and people start to believe it.

Unfortunately, for my job now, I have to behave. A ban would lose me my livelihood for 5 years. All reformed now.

Chris

PS Cars are slow. For a real thrill, a fast bike does the biz for me.

Mostly:D

Speed kills' date=' speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, speed kills....

See say it often enough and people start to believe it.

Unfortunately, for my job now, I have to behave. A ban would lose me my livelihood for 5 years. All reformed now.

Chris

PS Cars are slow. For a real thrill, a fast bike does the biz for me.[/quote']

At least the mans honest, unlike you 'private roaders' :)

when im put 215/40R17 i will go fater or slower?in real?and on me speedo?how will it affect?

thanks

I've got this size. At speedo=70mph, you'll be doing about 72mph, so be careful. It's just about legal. At speedo=140mph, I would imagine it would be a lot more inaccurate. Personally I don't think GPS measuremants are anything special, as we're using civilian calibration rather than military. Even a hand-held GPS is only accurate to 10 metres or so for a stationary 'fix'.

I've had 135mph on mine on the flat with a full car, cars done 1000ish miles with no performance mods, oh and not just diesel, Tesco finest purified slick black distilled diesel. But there was a low moon directly ahead so I think that helped a little.