Does anyone actually pay - Deezer, Apple Music, Google Play etc

999pooch

Currently signed up for free for unlimited music streaming until May 2017 with Apple Music.

For the last 2 years I've been switching for free unlimited Music between Apple Music, Deezer and Google Play.

Just noticed Deezer are running 3 months free and Google just released 4 months free.

This begs the question, does anyone actually pay for these???

Edited by 999pooch

I'm trialing Google play but am amazed at how many albums have tracks missing unless you buy the album. Then there are so many missing from the streaming service and albums on one service might not be on another due to contractual issues/disputes.

For me I can think of better ways to spend £10+/month

• Administrators

I was paying for Deezer, when I can find the deal for £5 a month. That finished and I got 12 months Apple Music as a gift so currently using that. Great as it is, I really miss Deezer.... Thankfully however, Deezer lets you stream free on the desktop browser version, so I find myself going back to that sometimes.

Deezer has a nice clean feel to the site: (which I'm sure you're aware)
deezer_gross-13dfd9e1ce9b4bd3.jpg

Once Apple Music has finished I'll probably go back to Deezer.

Since they started allowing Service Provider billing, ie use my phone credit directly, i have bought a couple of albums off google play. The pita is finding where they download on the phone to make a copy for the car. Id never bother my arse signing up for a streaming service though..

I recently got Amazon Prime when it was on offer just before Black Friday and Grand Tour sort of time. It lets me use the Amazon Music app thingy too. I quite like it, but it's the only time I've ever used any music streaming type thing before. Has anyone else used it and any of the others who can rate it in comparison for me? 

I'm using Amazon Prime streaming music onto my Amazon Fire Phone and I'm impressed. 

I can download whatever I want to my device then play offline in the car through my RNS310, I may get a 64Gb version as they sell for peanuts on eBay

I recently got Amazon Prime when it was on offer just before Black Friday and Grand Tour sort of time. It lets me use the Amazon Music app thingy too. I quite like it, but it's the only time I've ever used any music streaming type thing before. Has anyone else used it and any of the others who can rate it in comparison for me?

Im assuming you have just the bog standard Amazon music that comes with prime. It's very basic with a very limited number of tracks.

To get a similar number of tracks available to the other streaming services you need to upgrade to the unlimited version which has 40m tracks available (£79 / year)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/dmusic/promotions/AmazonMusicUnlimited?ie=UTF8&tag=googhydr-

Nearly all have free trial perods, so try them for free first, and TBH just keep rolling theough them for free, I've been doing it for 2 years and still have till May on my current one. Why pay!!!

Edited by 999pooch
  • Like 1

Im assuming you have just the bog standard Amazon music that comes with prime. It's very basic with a very limited number of tracks.

To get a similar number of tracks available to the other streaming services you need to upgrade to the unlimited version which has 40m tracks available (£79 / year)https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/dmusic/promotions/AmazonMusicUnlimited?ie=UTF8&tag=googhydr-

Nearly all have free trial perods, so try them for free first, and TBH just keep rolling theough them for free, I've been doing it for 2 years and still have till May on my current one. Why pay!!!

Yea I am just using the included with Prime not the full fat unlimited version. I am far far too tight to pay £80 to get the full thing. Enjoying the basic version though, if it was included fully with prime for £20 more I'd pay it as a package, but alas it is not lol.

I use the Amazon prime music quite a lot. They're always pushing the unlimited up-sell which is annoying. You do find that stuff in your playlists disappears regularly but i just accept that. I use the slow mail option to get credit to buy tracks i want to keep. Wouldn't pay real money for digital music.

I'm Deezer friendly :) It is an app supported by my car so plays straight form the cars ICE :) It has some clever predictive features based on what you listen to and ia have loads of playlists now. You can click on any playlist and set it to download on all your Deezer devices (auto-syncs). Very happy with it after nearly a year  :thumbup:

i don't know if any of the other streamers do it, but Deezer now supports several podcasts and seems to be growing all the time.

Just checked which podcasts it does cover and the list is growing exponentially! loads to choose from, but sadly no BBC ones yet. 

Edited by Lady Elanore