Where have the "non-Outdoor" Yeti's gone?

SK66YET

Hi everyone. Firstly may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2017 on this the first day of the New Year. For your interest I have just downloaded the latest (ref. 11/16) Yeti brochure pdf and notice that it has been reduced from its' previous 36 pages to only 28 and this results from all the information relating to "non Outdoor" Yetis having been removed. Further research from an article in my January 2017 issue of DieselCar magazine confirms that all non Outdoor models of the Yeti are no longer orderable. Is this news to every/any one and does it forecast the demise of the Yeti as we all know and love it now? As always I look forward to hearing your thoughts/comments and apologise in advance if this constitutes "old" news. 

• Like 2

"City" version hasn't been available for a while. My dealer said because it was not as popular as the Outdoor, and didn't sell as well, so was dropped. 

Yeti as we know it is due to be replaced towards the end of this year.

I understand there is a 'Drive' version now but it doesn't show on the brochure download. Anyone know the specs?

Bill  :sun:

You could look at the configurator and work out what the extras and prices are Click Here

Or look at this post on here; http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/417681-new-se-and-se-l-drive-models-released/?p=4758572

You could look at the configurator and work out what the extras and prices are Click Here

Or look at this post on here; http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/417681-new-se-and-se-l-drive-models-released/?p=4758572

Thank you for the link.

Just nosiness really, Picking up my L&K 2.0Tdi next Sunday. Saving a wedge of money as it is an ex-Skoda vehicle and very happy with the deal.

Bill  :sun:

Go into the configurator, click on Yeti Outdoor then look for the different specs - you will see the 'Drive' versions in both SE and SE L specs. and proceed from there. Interestingly some of the Brokers have the Drive specs already loaded on their web pages but I am surprised that the discounts on offer are less than you might expect for a run-out model. Might be explained by reports that even in its twilight year the Yeti is still selling well.

Thanks but if you click 'drive', it doesn't tell you what comes with that version, does it (unlike the SE or SEL, for example)

If you go for the extras in the configurator the ones as standard will not be available.

Or if you bothered to look at the link provided above it said:

""'Drive' models replacing the standard SE and SE L models. Both now come with Amundsen SatNav with DAB, Heated Windscreen, Floor Mats, Front and Rear Parking Sensors. The SE also gets Matterhorn Wheels, Auto Dimming Mirror, Light and Rain Assist, Heated Front Seats, New Upholstery and Dash Insert. The SE L also gets LED rear Lights and Silver Roof rails.

There is an extra cost of £935 for the SE and £775 for the SE L but the additions are worth £2295 on the SE and £1850 on the SE L.""

I posted the link to the post above. Thanks for reposting it. The original post lists what a dealer told someone rather then an official document, as far as I can see.

I was trying to find out if the configurator listed officially what extras the are. The answer appears to be no but, as you say, you can try to work it out.

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by mattlittle

Being the perfect town car it's a pity you have to have 'the works' now with all that unnecessary weight to drag around.

I don't think there is any significant weight difference as the differences are simply in the cosmetic plastic trim (unless you are paying extra for a 4x4 and the off road underbody protection).

I don't think there is any significant weight difference as the differences are simply in the cosmetic plastic trim (unless you are paying extra for a 4x4 and the off road underbody protection).

Ah!

Sorry, I thought the 'non' meant 2WD versions

I posted the link to the post above. Thanks for reposting it. The original post lists what a dealer told someone rather then an official document, as far as I can see.

I was trying to find out if the configurator listed officially what extras the are. The answer appears to be no but, as you say, you can try to work it out.

Thanks for clarifying.

You would have thought that Skoda UK would have published a simple list of the "free" extras with the Drive models over the standard models. Yes, you can work it out, but why should a customer have to go through a complex comparison exercise to work out something that Skoda could have easily published? Beats me!

You would have thought that Skoda UK would have published a simple list of the "free" extras with the Drive models over the standard models. Yes, you can work it out, but why should a customer have to go through a complex comparison exercise to work out something that Skoda could have easily published? Beats me!

Agreed totally. On SE and SEL they have those details. On the drive models, it says "FILL". I don't think that they have finalised it or, if they have, they haven't told the web team!!!

Hi everyone. Firstly may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2017 on this the first day of the New Year. For your interest I have just downloaded the latest (ref. 11/16) Yeti brochure pdf and notice that it has been reduced from its' previous 36 pages to only 28 and this results from all the information relating to "non Outdoor" Yetis having been removed. Further research from an article in my January 2017 issue of DieselCar magazine confirms that all non Outdoor models of the Yeti are no longer orderable. Is this news to every/any one and does it forecast the demise of the Yeti as we all know and love it now? As always I look forward to hearing your thoughts/comments and apologise in advance if this constitutes "old" news. 

As others have said City has now been dropped which meant there were great deals to be had, so good we had two.

Twin City's.

post-991-0-98913800-1483371237_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sitting here a bit bored I checked the specs of the SEL and Drive SEL models. As far as I can see the differences are as follows:

1. Twin rear fog lights

2. Amundsen Sat Nav system with DAB etc.

3. Silver Roof Rails - doesn't actually say it but images of Drive model all have silver rails. This needs confirming.

4. Storage Compartment Package 3 ----- no idea what that is, can't see any mention of it on the Yeti brochure!

5. Textile Floor Mats.

The SEL Drive is £845 more than the SEL and has £1,350 of 'extras' (excluding the Storage Package 3). So Skoda are offering £505 of extras 'free'. The Amundsen is £735 so basically you are getting a second rear fog light, silver roof rails (probably), textile floor mats and Storage Compartment package 3? for £90.

Deal Anyone?

• Administrators

Can; via the cars scheme link below, source the yeti for cash with 12%+ off. Finance is 6%+ off plus deposit contribs and any offers they are running.

There will be better deals on pre-built, sitting in docks cars than build to orders as the runout and replacement dates approach.

Configs are and have been all over the place. It's not uncommon for a published spec to not be what arrives as shortages and other factors apply. Certainly, so far as printed brochures go, I doubt any of those are accurate at the moment for the recent December changes.

It must be a big job trying to keep up a web site dealing with different markets, all with different equipment options and in a state of flux due to runout stock with an all new model approaching.

Skoda UK only have to put some competent teenagers on the case, maybe even some work experience youngster.

They shifted less that 80,000 new cars in the UK last year and they must have a bit of a clue what is coming from the factory and into the UK.

It is not like they do the choices & variations of models that BMW, MINI, Mercedes & others sell in the UK and they manage to do good configurators.