Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

Lovely little car you've got there Sasha, and I like your style on the upgrades, very OEM+.

I had an identical white Monte on a 66 plate as a courtesy car for 48hours, and I was very impressed with the thing. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ronime said:

I would be very interested to hear how you get on with these. I seem to recall early attempts (using E-Up! liners?) requiring some cutting and shutting to fit the Citigo. Hopefully the Cross liners are a better fit.

I'm going to give our Citigo a deep clean this Easter, including a thorough snow-foam/degrease in the wheel arches with the wheels off. It would be an ideal opportunity to throw some Bilt Hamber Dynax wax and arch liners in there while I'm at it. :)

Thanks, not sure how it'll go, will be studying the fitting guides on forums later on :) I'll do under the arches again tomorrow before fitting the liners but after that the wheels won't be coming off again until the spring. Handy they are so light haha

2 hours ago, Tom_vRS said:

Lovely little car you've got there Sasha, and I like your style on the upgrades, very OEM+.

I had an identical white Monte on a 66 plate as a courtesy car for 48hours, and I was very impressed with the thing. :)

Thanks :D OEM+ is where I want to go with it. I really like the car; when I started looking for a cheap car/low monthly payment/no more moonlight mechanics to get around mode of transport I was not excited but that turned around when I saw the Citigo; I missed the Volvo for ages but I don't really miss it anymore that's how much the little Skoda has got under my skin and it's only been 400 miles!!

More soon! 

• Like 2

So today went well... I was helping my brother fit a new tail light to his Fabia this morning and the (insert expletive here) idiot shut the boot on my hand and has broken my finger! It was 2 hours in minor injuries to have it x-rayed and put in a splint, my wedding ring is stuck on my hand now as my little finger (the broken one), my ring finger and middle finger on my left hand have swollen to the size of sausages and I have my little finger in a splint at this point, so fitting the arch liners was starting to look like a challenge however, I have 9 other fingers so I wasn't going to give up that easily!

With some help from my Dad who was feeling slightly sorry for me, we removed the nasty wheel bolt caps (I still don't like these!) and jacked the car up, got the axle stands out, took the wheels off and lined the arches up to get to the holes under the paint. Once we found them all it was time to install the fixings, paint over with waxoyl and line up for the proper fit.

So here's how it was before (shamelessly the photo from last week)

A914A32C-97AE-40F5-A796-773B2E0F0709_zps

Arch liner fitted

D28E433E-0F6E-4888-906E-156F32724E69_zps

And the other side fitted; if you have mudflaps fitted you do need to modify the arches slightly and my Dad did it because I couldn't. When my hand recovers, I'll try and tidy it up. Also the parts guy didn't supply the adaptors to screw the liner in at the front so will go back and get those and attach them.

DB998E61-CBB8-4D77-B39A-11D5AF74BA77_zps

Most importantly, here's how it looks with the wheels back on, drivers side

2D288E47-8A3B-4BF7-A776-6564A3AA91EC_zps

Passenger side

25405108-F049-4A44-B55D-A142B768F1FE_zps

Didn't clean the wheels again as my hand hurts!! Will sort it all out next week. Just transferring some more music onto an SD card for the PID as the sound it much better than the BT audio even through the KitSound and that function works fine. Mod wise, waiting for the refund from HID's Direct and then will re-order more bulbs from elsewhere :)

More soon!!

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 3

That's true but believe me when you've had a modern Volvo, some Pound Shop torches strapped to the wings is an improvement!! Truly the worst lights on a car ever! Even raised to the maximum allowable height for the MoT they are still dim! The LED running lights were almost as bright! 

Sorry to hear about the busted finger, hope it mends soon! :)

So for anyone without mud flaps the arch liners would be a simple fit without any trimming or modification required?

Could you post a list of all the part numbers that you used or is this already documented elsewhere?

• Like 1

Finger sounds painful – my dad did that to me when I was a kid and then a number of years later someone chucked me a football which landed dead on the end of my finger and bust it again!

Is the splint one of those metal strip and foam jobbies bent to shape and did they get it the right way round – first time they put mine on they had the metal against my skin and it was only a while later they twigged (think it was the first time the guy had done one…)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ronime said:

Sorry to hear about the busted finger, hope it mends soon! :)

So for anyone without mud flaps the arch liners would be a simple fit without any trimming or modification required?

Could you post a list of all the part numbers that you used or is this already documented elsewhere?

Thanks! I think from what I read the arch liners fit without issue or modification if you don't have mudflaps but I just instructed my Dad to trim mine to fit around the flaps.

Part numbers I will dig out when I get home, will PDF the invoices. They didn't supply one of the parts they should have to hold the liners down at the front but they seem to be secure enough for now. Will get round to ordering them soon.

2 hours ago, skomaz said:

Finger sounds painful – my dad did that to me when I was a kid and then a number of years later someone chucked me a football which landed dead on the end of my finger and bust it again!

Is the splint one of those metal strip and foam jobbies bent to shape and did they get it the right way round – first time they put mine on they had the metal against my skin and it was only a while later they twigged (think it was the first time the guy had done one…)

Ouch!! Yeah it's metal and foam, they do have it the right way around, I checked! It should only be on 3 weeks all being well :)

It's nothing special (It's the same HU fitted as standard across the whole range)..... Ours came with the PID and so has the extra speakers also. The basic 2 speaker setup is average.  Radio reception isn't bad but isn't up to the standard in larger models. The DAB reception is better from when i've had DAB specced Ups as courtesy cars in the past. 

The facelift car has a different looking HU though but i'm not sure if this improves anything as i've not been in a facelift car as yet.

Edited by WaveyDavey

4 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

It's nothing special (It's the same HU fitted as standard across the whole range)..... Ours came with the PID and so has the extra speakers also. The basic 2 speaker setup is average.  Radio reception isn't bad but isn't up to the standard in larger models. The DAB reception is better from when i've had DAB specced Ups as courtesy cars in the past. 

The facelift car has a different looking HU though but i'm not sure if this improves anything as i've not been in a facelift car as yet.

Cheers. For the response what's the best way to play music through the sd card in the pid  or aux to iPod 

1 hour ago, Rossyk said:

Cheers. For the response what's the best way to play music through the sd card in the pid  or aux to iPod 

Either way sounds as good as the other. I tend to pop the PID in and listen to music from the microSD card whereas the mrs connects her phone via the aux cable input and listens that way. She tends to listen to her music via Apple Music though so it saves having to copy music onto a card/PID when she can just leave it on the phone and connect the aux cable.

There is also the option of using the BT via the PID to listen to music but I've found it less than impressive with some sound dropouts / blips every so often.

I've dumped some music on an SD card and put it in the PID but the Bluetooth function on the PID has stopped working totally now, car is being looked at tomorrow afternoon and the resolution I'm hoping for, if the issue cannot be fixed on site is a brand new PID to replace mine which came from the display cabinet. The stereo is OK tbf, nothing special and certainly nothing like the stereo's I've had before (Volvo High Performance Audio and before that an Audi with a BOSE system) but more than good enough. I don't listen to the radio all that often, I prefer to have my own choice of music so the SD works best right now as I don't really want to use my phone to control the audio like you do with Bluetooth either through the PID or the aux with a KitSound etc.

Car went to the dealers yesterday to inspect the PID and to look at the TPMS warnings. The guy had a play and got the PID working on his android phone with amazon music but when I connected my iPhone we could see the PID connected to my phone this time (better than before then!) but once I tried to play music through it, it didn't play through the cars speakers but the PID controls did control the phone although the track ID was still not working. He's going to check for a software issue and let me know because he's never seen a fault like that on one, if I haven't heard in a week, I'll call back :) The TPMS warnings seem to have gone away so I'm happy with that, thanks to being busy with uni/work and the still broken finger, I haven't given it a wash yet and it does need one! Over 500 miles covered and starting to loosen up nicely now :D

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 20:32, Rossyk said:

I've bought a brand new Monte Carlo the salesman was useless do they have a USB point or anywhere to fit one and also where are the sd card slots ?

The MY17 model has 3 USB point, 2 in the cigarette lighter port just in front of the gear stick and also 1 on top of the dash wear the phone holder goes (which replaces the PID unit). I've attached a short USB cable to this one, so I can charge my phone whilst driving. The SD card slot is just to the of the left volume knob. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow so you can see:)

Edited by ncd

3 hours ago, Rossyk said:

he's probably sold me a 16 model 

cos he was useless thanks guys for your help only a week to go before i get it 

you should reject it then...i picked up my citigo colour 2 weeks ago, the salesman said it was a November Manufacture date, and said it could be a the MY17 version. If it wasnt i would have rejected the car

5 hours ago, ncd said:

The MY17 model has 3 USB point, 2 in the cigarette lighter port just in front of the gear stick and also 1 on top of the dash wear the phone holder goes (which replaces the PID unit). I've attached a short USB cable to this one, so I can charge my phone whilst driving. The SD card slot is just to the of the left volume knob. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow so you can see:)

heres the picture. i think all my17 has climate control. but mine doesnt have the 2 x usb port you have. only the one in where the phone sits. SD card is great loaded it with 16gb of music with a playlist, and works great, the speakers are actually not bad. Generally happy with the car nice smooth ride!

IMG_20170203_201555.jpg

• Like 1