No indoor flashing red light after car is being locked

1 minute ago, andyvee said:

Cornering fogs can be activated by VCDS on yours as well

Is there any option of Find my car which will flash the indicators lights for about 10secs and turned the head light and courtesy lights on in the car if locked button is pressed from the remote?

• Like 1

Hi, Just to update my post regarding Flashing Mini Red LED on top of the driver's door: cargiant (where i bought the car from) fixed it and now its working nice. they said, cable was unplugged or something like that...anyways, i am very happy. I got the car back within the day. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, automass said:

Hi, Just to update my post regarding Flashing Mini Red LED on top of the driver's door: cargiant (where i bought the car from) fixed it and now its working nice. they said, cable was unplugged or something like that...anyways, i am very happy. I got the car back within the day. 

The lack of the flashing light was really just a problem for your OCD unless it was indicating that the security system was also compromised.

So did the alarm work?

Did they fix the non-returning mirror issue as well?

4 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

The lack of the flashing light was really just a problem for your OCD unless it was indicating that the security system was also compromised.

So did the alarm work?

Did they fix the non-returning mirror issue as well?

The mirror is not an issue. It only goes back out when ignition is turned on with older cars. 

tigermad is right...mirror won't go back until ignition is on..

I wish if there was any adaptation or code for the mirrors to unfold with unlocking button..alarm works, so does immobiliser. So far so good except....don't wanna mention because some people in the forum doesn't like me to moan about that.

1 hour ago, automass said:

I wish if there was any adaptation or code for the mirrors to unfold with unlocking button..alarm works, so does immobiliser. So far so good except....don't wanna mention because some people in the forum doesn't like me to moan about that.

Do you mean unfold with the remote unlocking button?

On 25/03/2017 at 16:17, andyvee said:

If it is an early 2013 model then the mirrors only unfold when you turn the ignition on, not when you unlock.

This behaviour was changed with a later door controller module in 2014.

You won't have cornering fogs unless you have factory xenons either.

Yes, mine works like that. :(

Regarding the red light mine lights also every few seconds. But what I don't understand is, does Skoda really not install alarm systems by default? Cuz apparently mine doesn't have alarm? :( I don't have those sensors on top next to glasses compartment. And red blinking light is only signalling the car is locked.

Edited by Croat

2 hours ago, Croat said:

Yes, mine works like that. :(

Regarding the red light mine lights also every few seconds. But what I don't understand is, does Skoda really not install alarm systems by default? Cuz apparently mine doesn't have alarm? :( I don't have those sensors on top next to glasses compartment. And red blinking light is only signalling the car is locked.

I am sure that every car has factory fitted alarm. if yours is not there then there must be a fault in the alarm system. did you try this way- keep a windows rolled down and then lock the car with remote fob..after 30secs put your hand inside and wave or even you can lean inside and it should trigger the alarm.

Edited by automass

5 hours ago, automass said:

A work friend has a 14 plate seat leon 1.4TSI & his wing mirrors fold on lock key & unfold on unlock key, seeing that it is VW group, I would of thought that this might be possible on Skoda? with some form of coding! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

A work friend has a 14 plate seat leon 1.4TSI & his wing mirrors fold on lock key & unfold on unlock key, seeing that it is VW group, I would of thought that this might be possible on Skoda? with some form of coding! 

Agreed, I coded for a colleague mirror fold on lock with fob on his Leon FR. I bet the coding is exactly the same for Octavia given its the same platform. Don't have folding mirrors on mine to test it though.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

An alarm was an optional extra on the base Octavia when I bought it three years ago in Australia.

mine does not have an alarm and I knew that when I bought it.

A lot of variation in the specifications between countries.

Same in Croatia, although mine was made for French market. About the mirrors I don't have VCDS so bummer.

Edited by Croat

23 hours ago, automass said:

Yes, exactly that what I meant..

But if a car parks very close to you after you lock the car, the mirror could hit it when you unlock

3 minutes ago, ords said:

But if a car parks very close to you after you lock the car, the mirror could hit it when you unlock

i got what you meant but Mirrors in these cars do not fold all the way and people has to struggle enough to park that close without hitting the car. so that's not an excuse for this car not to have unfolding options with unlocking button of the key..besides..there are many other cars who have this option already.

• 4 weeks later...

@automass

I have some cheap door modules that are probably the newer ones you need to allow unfold on unlock. I bought them to try and do the same in my wife's Audi but while they enabled the unfold, they introduced other issues because they were not Audi compatible without a flash. I couldn't find a local dealer willing to do that so gave up on the project.

They are from a Golf Mk7 but share a part number with the Octy Mk3 and if its anything like the A3, they are very easily changed.  Let me know if you want to try them and pay only if they work as it will be useful info for the thread.

See below for more info. 

Cheers

Adam

Edited by adamal
  • Like 1

I am not gonna take any risk of messing with the car anymore. had this car inspected by the dealer and they confirmed that this car doesn't have unfolding with unlocking features, I am quiet content with it. Thanks anyway. 

Edited by automass

15 hours ago, automass said:

I am not gonna take any risk of messing with the car anymore. had this car inspected by the dealer and they confirmed that this car doesn't have unfolding with unlocking features, I am quiet content with it. Thanks anyway. 

Yep, as I posted a few weeks ago it was introduced on 2014 cars with a newer revision door controller.

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 21:21, automass said:

Automass, I have a non blinking red light but all other elements of the lock/alarm works. Interested to know if it was just a disconnected cable as its bugging me more than it should!!

That's what I had before..everything was working fine but LED was not blinking. They said there was connection problem inside the door trim..so I guess they did reconnect the connector and now its working like a charm. 

• 2 years later...