Selecting an android head unit

So I've bought my xtrons PB86MTVAP its been delivered. Free delivery and was next day. I used the voucher code that I got by signing up for an account got 15% off. I'm hoping to get it fitted soon. I'll let you all know how it goes. Does anyone know if I'll need a twin fakra connector. It's a bolero that's coming out. 

Edited by Bellarous
  • Like 1

I just fired a joying unit into my Octavia and I think it had a twin fakra connector. It was green and both of the terminals were stuck together. So a guess a twin fakra connector

• Like 1

On 2017-5-1 at 13:17, therev said:

hi got my fascia off ebay pretty good match too arrived with in 2 weeks here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262410971205?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i got my fascia ready for the head unit but no unit as of yet lol

Just to check, is that for fitting a VW shape stereo into an Octavia? 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Levy9 said:

Does anyone who has fitted an aftermarket android head unit inform their insurance company of the modification? 

It's rare you have to.  Most insurers have an allowance for in car entertainment; I think mine is £500.

• Like 2

I've been living with the xtrons PB86MTV for roughly about a month now. The fitting of the stereo was easy enough, however the space behind the stereo is very tight with all the extra cables.  The fascia I bought from ebay for £20 is slightly off colour and doesn't fit exactly but it does the job. The stereo is so far is doing exactly what is says on the tin, I'm very happy with it. The sound is much better compared to the bolero in my opinion. My main worry was the fm radio reception as a previous aftermarket stereo was terrible, but the fm reception is great. I did buy the dab+ adapter to go with the stereo but the glass mounted aerial that is supplied with it is completely useless so I'm now saving up for the oem dab and gps antenna. So far every app that I have tried has worked great. The bluetooth for phone calls works well and the person on the other end can hear fine without any crazy echo. The heating display does show up on the screen. The only thing is i do not have an ops display on the screen when reversing but i never had this with the bolero so i dont miss it. In conclusion I am extremely happy with the stereo. I would be happy to answer any questions if you have any. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks, been reading through this thread and was wondering if anyone could recommend a unit that is as OEM (bolero) looking as possible with Bluetooth built in and at least one rear USB? CD and DVD is a bonus along with SD card. SatNav and radio are not required but all the ones I've seen online seem to come with SatNav anyway. 

Another big selling point would to have the AC appear on screen as the original bolero. 

That would fit a mk2 octavia FL.

All the ones on here seem really good I'm just really picky >.< thanks folks!