PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

5 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Why are you scared that France might just have voted for an EU exit?

Was never on the cards. 

Populism has had its moment and gone. The French and Dutch elections are proof of that.

People see what the "F*** it, let's try something different" has done with the Presidency & Brexit and realised the promise of something different without any pain is just a big fat lie. 

People won't be fooled again. 

Edited by gadgetman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

Why are you scared that France might just have voted for an EU exit?

People like you will never, ever understand Europe, will you? Le Pen is a fascist. A character trait that I'm becoming increasingly convinced you can identify with.

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

People like you will never, ever understand Europe,

I think it's mostly a generational thing.

My parents aren't pro europe, but voted remain because they know the opportunities both myself and our kids can have  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

You *could* always try "popping down the local for chat"?   Trouble with that, of course, is that you might end up with a smack in the mouth for your opinions.  Funny lot, the British......very set in their ways, particularly where politics is concerned.

People seem to go to the pub for a quite drink/eat so not sure that is the place for such discussions.   

Not sure who the British are either, seems a very out of date concept.  Made up of many distinct sections.  Some millions who have got use to the quintessential, almost Victorian way of living, millions who seem to be still caught up in the Yuppie culture and have a very superficial understand of how economics actual work.  Millions of us Brits, probably way more than 10M, come from overseas whether that is Irish immigrants a generation or two ago as well as Caribbean, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and a hundred other cultures.  Many are British by designation but internationalist in outlook and are more concerned that their assets retain and improve their value and are not bothered whether their assets mainly sit in the UK or France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and regard patriotism as the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Too busy planning for BREXIT to pop down the pub for a chat, maybe have some good discussions in casa publica when I look back of BREXIT in 3 or 4 years sipping sangria before heading back to the Villa.  Will pop back to Blighty, if I can get a flight.  

Didn't Macron say he was clear that Europe needed to change its ways though and that he would work for that?

Or was that just the usual political spin to win votes??

6 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Didn't Macron say he was clear that Europe needed to change its ways though and that he would work for that?

If you'd been paying attention to EU politics over the last few years you'd know that most 'centerist' parties have been looking to reform the EU. It's constantly evolving.

Britain could have been part of that reform having a veto and a lot of sway but guess what?...................

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

If you'd been paying attention to EU politics over the last few years you'd know that most 'centerist' parties have been looking to reform the EU. It's constantly evolving.

Britain could have been part of that reform having a veto and a lot of sway but guess what?...................

Cameron promised that too

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

No need for a arsey answer...   A simple yes would have sufficed...!!!

And guess what?...   We voted out democratically...   Yes.

1 hour ago, gadgetman said:

Cameron promised that too

So political spin then on the part of Macron???...   Probably so...   We shall see

8 hours ago, skomaz said:

No need for a arsey answer...   A simple yes would have sufficed...!!!

And guess what?...   We voted out democratically...   Yes.

Democratically?

Influence from Aaron banks and Murdoch and Dacre? Around 30 tories being investigated for election fraud. Leave lies. (Project fear as it was know is becoming project FACT). 'We can have all the same benefits'. Nope. We cannot. £350M/ week? Nope.

An election that was won on lies is not democratic.

One more small point; As of yesterday 7/5/17, the tories were in breach of the Pensions Act 2014 as they've delayed the announcement of the state pension age rise. The law says the report MUST be published before 7th May 2017.

#toryelectionfraud

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

Democratically?

Influence from Aaron banks and Murdoch and Dacre? Around 30 tories being investigated for election fraud. Leave lies. (Project fear as it was know is becoming project FACT). 'We can have all the same benefits'. Nope. We cannot. £350M/ week? Nope.

One more small point; As of yesterday 7/5/17, the tories were in breach of the Pensions Act 2014 as they've delayed the announcement of the state pension age rise. The law says the report MUST be published before 7th May 2017.

#toryelectionfraud

On June 8th you have the democratic right to correct the situation.

11 hours ago, skomaz said:

What, like several cabinet ministers did here last year?

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Democratically?

#toryelectionfraud

Democratically = In accordance with the principles of democracy.

Democracy = Control of an organization or group by the majority of its members.

So YES - DEMOCRATICALLY – regardless of how you feel about it!

Both sides lied I’m afraid at various times but that is often politics for you - say what it takes to get the votes.

Don’t get me wrong - I voted to stay in the EU - but the more I see the likes of you bleat on, and the more I see the reaction and rhetoric from the higher echelons of the EU, the more I’m inclined to say I was wrong to vote to stay in.

However, regardless of my feelings, a democratic votes was held and a result reached, which is being followed by the present Government.

1 hour ago, trundlenut said:

What, like several cabinet ministers did here last year?

And several non cabinet ministers and members of the opposition - yes...   I point you to the post above - it is sadly the way of politics on all sides.

56 minutes ago, skomaz said:

And several non cabinet ministers and members of the opposition - yes...   I point you to the post above - it is sadly the way of politics on all sides.

And that doesn't make you angry?

Makes many worry when there is a chance of them telling the truth and being perfectly honest, were would the UK be if you started to believe Politicians.

Paul Nuttall MEP & other UKIP MEP's being an example today. 

Do we believe them from now on and as being openly racist and can we expect them to admit they are greedy snouters milking the expenses system as MEP's.

12 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

And that doesn't make you angry?

To a degree yes – simply because it means that there is no trust in politics anymore and voting for one party or person over another is pretty much a waste of time.

However, I will continue to vote on the basis of my knowledge and understanding.

What I am hopeful of is that the recent and ongoing populous movements across the globe will at least make the establishment / old guard think about things and their part in them and realise that politics and governance of whatever form / level / organisation cannot continue the way it is at present.

45 minutes ago, skomaz said:

But that's the point, they won, they can't turn round and say they told a pack of lies and have no intention of doing what they said they would.  Instead they are going to do something purely for ideological reasons regardless of the impact on the country. 

Yes,  we voted for Brexit, on the basis we would be no worse off and should be better off. Hands up those who would happily accept less job security,  lower wages, worse health care and education all just to be out of the EU? 

36 minutes ago, skomaz said:

To a degree yes – simply because it means that there is no trust in politics anymore and voting for one party or person over another is pretty much a waste of time.

However, I will continue to vote on the basis of my knowledge and understanding.

What I am hopeful of is that the recent and ongoing populous movements across the globe will at least make the establishment / old guard think about things and their part in them and realise that politics and governance of whatever form / level / organisation cannot continue the way it is at present.

If anything it shows that those with the money can have a big impact and get the establishment what they want.

21 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

But that's the point, they won...   they are going to do something purely for ideological reasons regardless of the impact on the country. 

Errrmmm...   I think you'll find they are doing it because the majority of those who voted asked them to do it...   as I've tried to point out above - that is democracy!

20 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

If anything it shows that those with the money can have a big impact and get the establishment what they want.

what 'it'???   clarify what 'it' is referring to and then we can understand your comment.