Modifying Your Fabia MK III

@krdza_vRS When I did my intake my car was already remapped to 130bhp and didn't really make a difference until after a second remap. And when I asked my tuners (JBS) they said that after the decat exhaust is fitted, the stage 2 remap will need to be done to allow the engine to breathe better. As far as I can tell the ECU does not adjust accordingly.

@Lemto slightly off topic here - did I see your car for sale recently?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fab1493 said:

@krdza_vRS When I did my intake my car was already remapped to 130bhp and didn't really make a difference until after a second remap. And when I asked my tuners (JBS) they said that after the decat exhaust is fitted, the stage 2 remap will need to be done to allow the engine to breathe better. As far as I can tell the ECU does not adjust accordingly.

@Lemto slightly off topic here - did I see your car for sale recently?

@Fab1493 yes I had it on Autotrader, no interest on it whatsoever. Been torn on selling it as I love the car and the memories attached to it. This virus situation has made me put that on the back burner for now though, still part of the Skoda Squad lol! 

15 minutes ago, Lemto said:

@Fab1493 yes I had it on Autotrader, no interest on it whatsoever. Been torn on selling it as I love the car and the memories attached to it. This virus situation has made me put that on the back burner for now though, still part of the Skoda Squad lol! 

I'm surprised no interest... If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning on getting if you were to sell the Fabia?

& I think I know what you mean, I've been very close to replacing the Fabia a few times myself! 

2 hours ago, krdza_vRS said:

@Pumbajunior Yeah, totally agree with you, that's why I said "lets call it stage 1" :D Did you put it on the dyno, how much hp are you making at the moment?
@Fab1493 yes I am, but couldn't find anyone who does stage 2 on 1.2tsi...
Also, since my car is remapped to 135hp will adding an exhaust or intake give a power
increase or do I need another remap when I fit all those mods? In other words, will the ECU recognize that there is more air/fuel and adjust accordingly?

Thanks!

not been on a dyno, i think about 140-160bhp ish  but without dyno im not sure, was toying with whats possible (was planning on custom remap but that might be on hold now as ive found this today https://tteglobal.co.uk/vw/up/gti-1.0-tsi/352/tte1xx-1.0tsi-upgrade-turbocharger?number=TTE10350&c=15

so may wait till this is on for remap

Product Highlights:

• Original Genuine BorgWarner turbocharger as the base part
  • Original Genuine actuator
  • Original Genuine diverter valve
  • TTE Billet Milled 6+ 6 compressor 
  • TTE High-Flow 10 Blade Turbine
  • TTE Reinforced bearing pack
  • Plug & Play installation 
  • 200PS capable on 102ron 
  • Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
  • Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
  • Supplied with a balance test result document
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pumbajunior said:

not been on a dyno, i think about 140-160bhp ish  but without dyno im not sure, was toying with whats possible (was planning on custom remap but that might be on hold now as ive found this today https://tteglobal.co.uk/vw/up/gti-1.0-tsi/352/tte1xx-1.0tsi-upgrade-turbocharger?number=TTE10350&c=15

so may wait till this is on for remap

Product Highlights:

• Original Genuine BorgWarner turbocharger as the base part
  • Original Genuine actuator
  • Original Genuine diverter valve
  • TTE Billet Milled 6+ 6 compressor 
  • TTE High-Flow 10 Blade Turbine
  • TTE Reinforced bearing pack
  • Plug & Play installation 
  • 200PS capable on 102ron 
  • Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
  • Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
  • Supplied with a balance test result document

€2,125.00 * A bit pricey 😬

On 04/04/2020 at 14:48, gemballa said:

Hi mate, where I can get such a roof spoiler? It doesn't look like OE

I would look on ebay, as you'll be able to find cheap/used ones. Also, there are websites such as superskoda from which you can buy, if they ship to you. Last solution, directly from a Skoda dealer if someone here can share the spoiler part number. Price can range from 100 to 300 euro depending on where you buy 😁

1 hour ago, krdza_vRS said:

I would look on ebay, as you'll be able to find cheap/used ones. Also, there are websites such as superskoda from which you can buy, if they ship to you. Last solution, directly from a Skoda dealer if someone here can share the spoiler part number. Price can range from 100 to 300 euro depending on where you buy 😁

Hi, after posting my question I realised that the wings are with different shape for hatch and estate, im meaning the curving in the middle part. On estate is flat, without curving.  The new question is, can I install a wing from hatch to estate or are there any aftermarket options for estate with the shape of hatch?

7 minutes ago, gemballa said:

Hi, after posting my question I realised that the wings are with different shape for hatch and estate, im meaning the curving in the middle part. On estate is flat, without curving.  The new question is, can I install a wing from hatch to estate or are there any aftermarket options for estate with the shape of hatch?

On superskoda.com they have them for both the hatch and estate: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/FABIA-III/Fabia-III-Combi-original-Skoda-Autoas-rear-roof-spoiler-from-the-MONTE-CARLO-edition-PAINTED

image.png.68143d08db40105f6120d7a822ec5a73.png

Eibach Lowering Springs are ordered! :D

I'll be running the old stock shocks (slightly leaky with 64k miles) for a while so i'll do a mini review with those and when i get the Bilstein B8 shocks.

If anyone else is wondering, AutoDoc have -27% off when using their app at the moment (for 1 more hour from now! it'll end at 10pm (UK british summer time) on 7th april 2020)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gemballa said:

For Fabia Estate in Autodoc app there are two options, the only difference is "front axile load". Mine is 6 speed manual 110 ps. Which one is for my car?

Screenshot_20200408-073201.png

Screenshot_20200408-073215.png

I'm 90% sure that you need 870kg for the fronts, but better check with eibach directly, they have live chat on their website. You'll get you answer in 10seconds 😁

Edited by krdza_vRS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2020 at 22:59, FabiaGonzales said:

image.png.68143d08db40105f6120d7a822ec5a73.png

Eibach Lowering Springs are ordered! :D

I'll be running the old stock shocks (slightly leaky with 64k miles) for a while so i'll do a mini review with those and when i get the Bilstein B8 shocks.

If anyone else is wondering, AutoDoc have -27% off when using their app at the moment (for 1 more hour from now! it'll end at 10pm (UK british summer time) on 7th april 2020)

Have the springs arrived yet? Really interested in getting them as well 

1 hour ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Have the springs arrived yet? Really interested in getting them as well 

Not arrived yet unfortunately, they're somewhere between germany and sheffield.

I hope they come sometime soon though, as i'll be too busy to fit them from next month on, if they aren't here before then, they'll be waiting till i've got all the parts i need for a full suspension rebuild and brake upgrade (already got some 310mm front brakes ready to go on & looking at getting 254mm rear brakes too).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I hope they come sometime soon though, as i'll be too busy to fit them from next month on, if they aren't here before then, they'll be waiting till i've got all the parts i need for a full suspension rebuild and brake upgrade (already got some 310mm front brakes ready to go on & looking at getting 254mm rear brakes too).

Tell us something more about brake upgrade, please. What calipers you gonna use for the fronts?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Have you ordered them from AutoDoc by any chance? Usually takes 2 weeks before I receive anything from them. Do you also plan on swapping the springs by yourself or having it done by a garage?

1 minute ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

Have you ordered them from AutoDoc by any chance? Usually takes 2 weeks before I receive anything from them. Do you also plan on swapping the springs by yourself or having it done by a garage?

Yep, it's been a week so far, not in a huuuuge rush, but i would like to get them sometime this year!

6 minutes ago, gemballa said:

Tell us something more about brake upgrade, please. What calipers you gonna use for the fronts?

I'm using calipers, carriers, discs and pads from a Polo GTI, got a pair of calipers and carriers complete with hoses 2nd hand for something like £46, though it looks like they've had quite a bit of use, so i'll be refreshing them with new rubber boots and guide pins (even though they'd probably be perfectly fine without), and maaybe new hoses.

87796719_560718614533836_3506271190031269888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQkD1yKY-avohcyuPGUKZK4NvaBq98nob7cnE-_IRC_sPcxycmDyg4bcYGKm4mrDnd0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdsa1-1.fna&oh=c46da748c6c32560ca410fa66995d3ea&oe=5EBFE9F7

Looking into rear 254mm brakes too, the Polo WRC came with those, so they are an option that can be retrofitted.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Yep, it's been a week so far, not in a huuuuge rush, but i would like to get them sometime this year!

I'm using calipers, carriers, discs and pads from a Polo GTI, got a pair of calipers and carriers complete with hoses 2nd hand for something like £46, though it looks like they've had quite a bit of use, so i'll be refreshing them with new rubber boots and guide pins (even though they'd probably be perfectly fine without), and maaybe new hoses.

87796719_560718614533836_3506271190031269888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_oc=AQkD1yKY-avohcyuPGUKZK4NvaBq98nob7cnE-_IRC_sPcxycmDyg4bcYGKm4mrDnd0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdsa1-1.fna&oh=c46da748c6c32560ca410fa66995d3ea&oe=5EBFE9F7

Looking into rear 254mm brakes too, the Polo WRC came with those, so they are an option that can be retrofitted.

If you do do it yourself, would you mind sharing the torque specs for the relevant bolts on the suspension? Can’t really find them

4 minutes ago, Jeremy_Peeters said:

If you do do it yourself, would you mind sharing the torque specs for the relevant bolts on the suspension? Can’t really find them

I will be doing it myself, im sure i had a list of torque specs somewhere, i'll have to find it.

I'll be doing a full suspension rebuild late summer early autumn, front and back, and thats when the brakes will be fitted too, doing a full rebuild has a minor advantage that i can assemble a fair amount of the new parts off the car, then just bolt it up once the old stuff is off. It's a big job though, gonna refresh literally everything, wheel bearings, track rod end links, arb bushes, cv driveshafts, pretty much anything what goes to the wheels. Ill fit a rear arb at the same time too.

1 hour ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I will be doing it myself, im sure i had a list of torque specs somewhere, i'll have to find it.

I'll be doing a full suspension rebuild late summer early autumn, front and back, and thats when the brakes will be fitted too, doing a full rebuild has a minor advantage that i can assemble a fair amount of the new parts off the car, then just bolt it up once the old stuff is off. It's a big job though, gonna refresh literally everything, wheel bearings, track rod end links, arb bushes, cv driveshafts, pretty much anything what goes to the wheels. Ill fit a rear arb at the same time too.

Luckily my car is still quite new so a suspension rebuild is unnecessary but I will be replacing the shocks later on with the Bilstein B8’s and eventually upgrading the brakes as well. But if you find the list just let me know, would be very appreciated 

8 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

More interested in rears, cause the fronts with their 288mm rotors are big enough.

7 minutes ago, gemballa said:

More interested in rears, cause the fronts with their 288mm rotors are big enough.

True, i can stop really hard with the existing 256mm fronts on mine, but with the prospect of 500bhp down the line, i want something a bit stronger! And i might aswell shove them on when i do the full rebuild

I left a list of part numbers here;

Edited by FabiaGonzales
  • Like 1