vRS245 ordered club

my 'Lucky you' was genuine sorry, may have come across as curt not my intention at all. genuinely 'lucky you' :)  I'm pch'ing it so went for completely stock. I toyed with DCC but as they want the full price for the option either up front or spread over the 24 i couldn't really justify it.. Hope i don't regret that >.< 

Just a quick update from me.

Have found an almost identical VRS 245 which will be in the UK in a few weeks rather than the 5 months my current timetable looks like.  Have got a quote under the same terms as my original one and is unsurprisingly more expensive by £2,000.

My case manager is seeing what they can do centrally about the £2,000 difference and I'm awaiting a call back.  The new car is the same as my original order other than it has metallic paint and a spare wheel, so could be tempted to pay a bit more for those, plus the fact I get it in weeks.

Question for anyone who wants to answer, how much more would you pay (if any) to get your cars now rather than in 2/3/4 months time?

1 minute ago, Reaperrsx said:

Just a quick update from me.

Have found an almost identical VRS 245 which will be in the UK in a few weeks rather than the 5 months my current timetable looks like.  Have got a quote under the same terms as my original one and is unsurprisingly more expensive by £2,000.

My case manager is seeing what they can do centrally about the £2,000 difference and I'm awaiting a call back.  The new car is the same as my original order other than it has metallic paint and a spare wheel, so could be tempted to pay a bit more for those, plus the fact I get it in weeks.

Question for anyone who wants to answer, how much more would you pay (if any) to get your cars now rather than in 2/3/4 months time?

I paid an extra £800, when I had the 245, to get it 4 months sooner.

18 minutes ago, RussTi said:

my 'Lucky you' was genuine sorry, may have come across as curt not my intention at all. genuinely 'lucky you' :)  I'm pch'ing it so went for completely stock. I toyed with DCC but as they want the full price for the option either up front or spread over the 24 i couldn't really justify it.. Hope i don't regret that >.< 

Cheers. Hope yours gets sorted soon! I was touch and go on the DCC but went for a 3 year lease so the cost spread across that wasn't as bad

Just been onto Skoda chat and had confirmation my 245 is in transit to the port. Boom!

Ordered 29 Sept. Red DSG hatch with no other options. Only just realised keyless start isn't standard. Will be weird to actually use a key to start the car after 4 years of not doing so. First world problems etc.

• Like 1

What sort of deal have you guys got on PCH for the 245's? I needed a car quick so went for a stock 230, but optioned up to almost the same as a 245. So it has alcantara seats, black design plus, winter pack and spare wheel. Total PCH 24 mnths/16k is £7.1k. I suppose I must have paid around £1k extra, but even at that money it's good value...I'm glad I did now having seen the supply issues and wait times!

Just had my weekly update call, to say still no build week allocated, but ill get another call next week to update me.

I shall look forward to learning nothing next week as well.

If they said they would pay the broker fee and £500 compensation, id happily cancel the order right now.

56 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Errr sorry what else would you get for 239 a month ?

National Vehicle Solutions have the Leon 2.0TSI Cupra 300 Tourer at £260 3+23, the £500 compensation split over 24 months would leave the OP breaking even with the 245. I'm no expert on the spec between the the 245 vs the Leon but there are faster alternatives for the saimilar money. Of course I'm sure there would be another long wait for the Seat anyway.

2 hours ago, dkvinyls said:

National Vehicle Solutions have the Leon 2.0TSI Cupra 300 Tourer at £260 3+23, the £500 compensation split over 24 months would leave the OP breaking even with the 245. I'm no expert on the spec between the the 245 vs the Leon but there are faster alternatives for the saimilar money. Of course I'm sure there would be another long wait for the Seat anyway.

The Seat isn't a place I'd like to spend a lotta time inside compared to the 245

Anyone else feel like we’re all part of a large happy family which is going to be torn apart as the lucky ones take delivery of their new 245s and leave us, to play with their shiny new cars and gadgets.  Wonder how many of us will still be here asking about build weeks in 3-4 months time?   :D:crying::crying:

• Haha 2