vRS245 ordered club

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:37, themanwithnoaim said:

It doesn't feel really dead fast due to being very refined perhasp too refined but, it builds quickly & seems to pass a lot of other road users, as stock.

Mine is no longer stock & its a lot less refined with WOT, as some whom have driven it before & after modifications have said, thats how it should have come from the factory.

@mk4gtiturbo wanna give your opinion? 

As for times, I wouldn't know, I'm not interested in such things, in the real world in gear acceleration is far more important & then its quick.

Mine is the DSG so I can't tell you about the manual

To be honest when I drove it standard it was a little disappointing, back to back with my dirty diesel and on the move I would say little or no difference.  Off the mark obviously it's quicker.

With the DTUK tuning box, it's night and day.  That is how Skoda should have done it!!

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 20:26, themanwithnoaim said:

DTUK tuningbox, Revo Air Filter & modified air intake

Being put on the rolling road next weekend, feels plus 300 but, dunno how much plus

Got my 245 on order currently, saw another post from you R.E the DTUK box and had a quick look, is it really plug and play?
Can you run it without anything else additional? ect?
Thanks in advance :)

38 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Got my 245 on order currently, saw another post from you R.E the DTUK box and had a quick look, is it really plug and play?

Plug and play. Well worth the money!!

10 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Plug and play. Well worth the money!!

I have a DTUK Box on my 120d, but I dont take it to main dealer. - but as the VRS will be going into main dealer for services etc, can the DTUK box be detected at all even if its removed? Does it leave any kind of codes or anything?

9 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

I have a DTUK Box on my 120d, but I dont take it to main dealer. - but as the VRS will be going into main dealer for services etc, can the DTUK box be detected at all even if its removed? Does it leave any kind of codes or anything?

Iv been told it can be removed for services ect, without any residual details ect...

25 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

15 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Iv been told it can be removed for services ect, without any residual details ect...

Has it not been discussed on Briskoda that if the Tuning box has be fitted then removed for servicing the dealer can see if some engine components have been working outside the set tolerances for the engine, this could give the dealers chance to think that a tuning box or some other device has been used.  Does the engine information system flag up these discrepancies once plugged into the skoda diagnostic equipment.

The information can/could be used to reject a warranty claim.  It seems to be a grey area where Tuning Boxes can or cannot be detected by the dealers

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Nothing to do with the ECU like a remap. I’m told dealers can’t detect the tuining box. 

Best ask Andrew from DTUK. Really nice, knowledgeable guy. 

Dont believe what people say on here. Some are experts in believing in what they write. Not knowing the full facts. 

37 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Nothing to do with the ECU like a remap. I’m told dealers can’t detect the tuining box. 

Best ask Andrew from DTUK. Really nice, knowledgeable guy. 

Dont believe what people say on here. Some are experts in believing in what they write. Not knowing the full facts. 

I don't have a Box fitted buy every time someones askes about the Warranty with a tuning box the warranty Police arrive and all sorts of answers are given. As I've said it's a grey area and it need clarifing once and for all.

I understand what your saying but who knows for certain they are undetectable.

Ordered ours (company car) back on 21st July, it was showing as built as of 12th October so we're just waiting on it being shipped now. We've got it on a 3yr lease which we may extend and look to purchase at the end depending how the car goes.

We've had a Octavia vRS diesel for the last 3yrs which is due to be collected today by BCA and apart from a leaking sunroof we can't fault the car, I'll be sad to see it go.

We've gone for another estate in Meteor Grey with grey seams in a manual, options are....

- Keyless Entry and Start/Stop
- Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)
- Heated Windscreen
- Temporary Space Saver Spare Wheel
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Cornering Front Fog Lights with Black Surrounds
- Heated Front Washer Nozzles

And NO SUNROOF!!

We also have a tow bar which has been removed from our current car but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to re-install it as we've probably only towed 2 or 3 times as I have use of a van to tow with.

I've been looking into a New Car Detail with a local firm, I've never had a detail done before but seeing as we may consider buying it at the end it might be worth keeping on top of it.

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I don't have a Box fitted buy every time someones askes about the Warranty with a tuning box the warranty Police arrive and all sorts of answers are given. As I've said it's a grey area and it need clarifing once and for all.

I understand what your saying but who knows for certain they are undetectable.

Regards dealers being able to detect a removed tuningbox, the short answer is no they can't.

VAG can interrogate your car & check how it has been run, if it has run outside of the stock characteristics/parameters they will not honour any warranty claims for engine, turbo, running gear ect. This interrogation is not quick or cheap so, will not be done as a part of a service or water pump ect. warranty claim.

5 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

Yep, plug & play but, the turbo boost sensor is a PITA to get too.

30 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Regards dealers being able to detect a removed tuningbox, the short answer is no they can't.

VAG can interrogate your car & check how it has been run, if it has run outside of the stock characteristics/parameters they will not honour any warranty claims for engine, turbo, running gear ect. This interrogation is not quick or cheap so, will not be done as a part of a service or water pump ect. warranty claim.

So your basically saying if they what to find out, they can and can tell if " Something " had been used ?

11 hours ago, Matsumura said:

Yes, thanks, this is what I have done, although it would be good it I could get the boot 12v socket to go off when the ignition is off :-S

I went for this little beauty in the end. It will happily sit in your glove box, running off one of the USB sockets there. You can buy them from PC World/Curry's. Rolling monthly plan, with EE. They advertise for £30, but when I told them I didn't want the data with it (£17/month) they discounted it to £13 so the one month of (4GB) data was effectively free. Immediately cancelled the contract (so no commitment beyond month one), unlocked the device to any sim, and will now buy 10GB EE sims (they are only £6, and last one month). Result! 

1508868807283237596244.jpg

34 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I went for this little beauty in the end. It will happily sit in your glove box, running off one of the USB sockets there. You can buy them from PC World/Curry's. Rolling monthly plan, with EE. They advertise for £30, but when I told them I didn't want the data with it (£17/month) they discounted it to £13 so the one month of (4GB) data was effectively free. Immediately cancelled the contract (so no commitment beyond month one), unlocked the device to any sim, and will now buy 10GB EE sims (they are only £6, and last one month). Result! 

1508868807283237596244.jpg

Apologies if im being dumb, so does the 245 not have a sim card slot? As this is what i was too told by the dealer.

2 minutes ago, dakar said:

Am on the brink of ordering a 245.........and to my dismay i cant have a blue one.Jobs now on hold whilst i decide what to do :(

I had the same dilemma. There was a blue vrs in the showroom when I was ordering, but when I started to configure my 245, the salesman informed me that I couldn't have the blue. I ended up going for meteor grey, as it basically looks just like the Audi 'flat grey' which looks fantastic in the flesh, especially in combination with the black detailing. Also, both black and white cars I've owned in the past were a pain to keep looking clean. Plus(!) you can't get the meteor grey colour on anything but the 245.

1 minute ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I had the same dilemma. There was a blue vrs in the showroom when I was ordering, but when I started to configure my 245, the salesman informed me that I couldn't have the blue. I ended up going for meteor grey, as it basically looks just like the Audi 'flat grey' which looks fantastic in the flesh, especially in combination with the black detailing. Also, both black and white cars I've owned in the past were a pain to keep looking clean. Plus(!) you can't get the meteor grey colour on anything but the 245.

We did exactly the same,nice blue estate in the showroom but was the diesel,sorry mate but not a fan of meteor,or the red or white or black.......the the job has ground to a halt lol

5 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Apologies if im being dumb, so does the 245 not have a sim card slot? As this is what i was too told by the dealer.

I believe sim/WiFi comes with the Amundsen as standard in the vrs, but I also want to use this hub in my current car (while I wait endlessly for my build), and out and about.

31 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

There are USB sockets in the glove box?

I thought I'd seen a clip showing USB port on the unit inside the glovebox, but it's entirely possible I was mistaken. I can't see any mention of there being an option, so I may be stuck using another power source. Anyone else know for sure? 

Just now, Richard_vrs245 said:

I thought I'd seen a clip showing USB port on the unit inside the glovebox, but it's entirely possible I was mistaken. I can't see any mention of there being an option, so I may be stuck using another power source. Anyone else know for sure? 

Just checked when I parked up there. None in mine. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Plus(!) you can't get the meteor grey colour on anything but the 245.

Yes you can, my pre FL  Octavia 230 is Meteor Grey, also an option on  the Fabia Monti Carlo and the FL Octavia 230 and I think only the Columbus unit has a Sim Card, the Admunsun is only capable of a WiFi hot spot by using a Mobile phone or alike 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

14 hours ago, matt9407 said:

My plan is to buy it at the end of the lease if possible. Only if it makes sense of course

Fingers crossed for a good deal for us both at the end of the lease!

Is it just me, or is the brochure confusing/conflicting over the front/rear parking sensors for the VRS245? One section says it has both, but the later on it says that only rear are included and front is an optional extra? From what other have posted, it seems that it comes with front and rear?

ps really need a distraction from this long wait!