vRS245 ordered club

34 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Worrying about fuel economy with a 245 Bhp car seems pointless. Rather than suffer with soggy ECO throttle response, you'll get more enjoyment and better economy in normal or sport mode by driving smoothly and intelligently. Also the weather is warming and economy will improve automatically by 10% or so. 

I don't think its pointless. Pointless would we worrying about it on an Audi RS6 or M5 etc. We have Skoda hatchbacks / estates with relatively efficient 2L engines, if you want it to be economical, it can be. If you don't, this also a good choice! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Does anyone really use the eco mode on their vrs?  Just find mine very slow to respond and ‘laggy’ on the current diesel vRS so tend to use normal or sport settings only

Never used it ever.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Good too hear about the standard suspension Russ, got the DCC myself & whilst it does make a lotta difference I wasn't to sure till I went in a mate's Focus ST

Man that was just tiring to be in

First commute done today.  Funny there are now a lot more overtaking opertunities than there were last time I made the trip. Ride is really good potholes crash through more than the Clio but generally it’s a much better ride. 

Having avoided forced induction on anything other than derv before I’m amazed at how effortless pace is.  Gearbox is the shnizzle. Love the dual personality of normal auto to sport manual paddle. The rev matching while grabbing a gear before a RAB made me laugh out loud.  Way better than my hamfisted attempts in a manual.

It’s drawn a load of admiring comments with everyone other than her indoors. 

6 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

I don't think its pointless. Pointless would we worrying about it on an Audi RS6 or M5 etc. We have Skoda hatchbacks / estates with relatively efficient 2L engines, if you want it to be economical, it can be. If you don't, this also a good choice! 

Currently trying to average more than 40mpg on a full tank. Done 123miles at 41mpg but it's really difficult to resist giving it a little squirt particularly when some people insist on pulling out in front of you then drive slowly. Hoping to get 470 miles on this tank. Best so far was 462miles on return trip last August to Cardiff whilst SWMBO was sitting next to me hence the 47.4mpg I managed whilst running in my new toy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Currently trying to average more than 40mpg on a full tank. Done 123miles at 41mpg but it's really difficult to resist giving it a little squirt particularly when some people insist on pulling out in front of you then drive slowly. Hoping to get 470 miles on this tank. Best so far was 462miles on return trip last August to Cardiff whilst SWMBO was sitting next to me hence the 47.4mpg I managed whilst running in my new toy.

Just did 38.9 on commute home in eco and thought I was doing well! But with only 50 miles on the clock that’s not to shabby. 

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

47.8 is bloody good!

9 minutes ago, RussTi said:

Just did 38.9 on commute home in eco and thought I was doing well! But with only 50 miles on the clock that’s not to shabby. 

Thursday commute managed 44.6mpg and Friday same journey less traffic managed 45.3mpg both in Sport, only use Eco on longer trips. Re-map last month and ShellV-Power also help achieve these impressive figures.

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thursday commute managed 44.6mpg and Friday same journey less traffic managed 45.3mpg both in Sport, only use Eco on longer trips. Re-map last month and ShellV-Power also help achieve these impressive figures.

Should have added car nicely run-in now with 8153miles showing, about halfway to it's first service!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

@shyVRS245 Which remap company did you visit? Impressive figures! My highest is 42mpg so far with 1600 miles... 

AmD Essex checkout their website, 302bhp at 5500 rpm and 467Nm of torque at 2800rpm ask for Ben very helpful, they have done loads of Golf GTi Performance Pack re-maps usually resulting in around 300bhp. Got 46mpg driving home afterwards and 43mpg before on journey to Grays, near IKEA store.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone see the point in the Connect feature - and mobile app? I have just taken delivery of a new 245 (161 day wait - like many here) and whilst checking the weather and fuel prices is OK - it’s hardly a game changer. 

I downloaded the Connect app and the MySkoda app on my phone - expecting it to be similar to the BMW and VW apps which enable you to check if your cars locked, fuel levels and alarms if it moves out of certain areas - all remotely - I can’t see any of these options. Am I just being thick?

5 minutes ago, Topcat450 said:

Does anyone see the point in the Connect feature - and mobile app? I have just taken delivery of a new 245 (161 day wait - like many here) and whilst checking the weather and fuel prices is OK - it’s hardly a game changer. 

I downloaded the Connect app and the MySkoda app on my phone - expecting it to be similar to the BMW and VW apps which enable you to check if your cars locked, fuel levels and alarms if it moves out of certain areas - all remotely - I can’t see any of these options. Am I just being thick?

Do you have to pay for that as an extra? I wasn't sure, as there are connect services you have to pay for - if I am right?

1 hour ago, Topcat450 said:

Bloody pointless. Got the apps on my phone and I can get all the info from the car. Nothing from the apps when not connected to the car.  Old man with his 5 series can switch aircon on, check where motor is etc. Shame the skoda apps don't do the same.  

9 hours ago, Janno1 said:

20180407_153208.jpg

I don't know why I'm smiling here... She's not driven a car for over a year and on L plates. The kerbs were far to close for my liking. 

Your licence should re removed immediately!  Shame on you :D   Never let the wife drive your pride and joy!

Edited by Reddazforever

1 hour ago, Reddazforever said:

Your licence should re removed immediately!  Shame on you :D   Never let the wife drive your pride and joy!

Haha. I've only put her on for when I need picking up from the pub or out drinking she can drive home. She's not a big drinker so will work out well. 

18 hours ago, Janno1 said:

20180407_153208.jpg

I don't know why I'm smiling here... She's not driven a car for over a year and on L plates. The kerbs were far to close for my liking. 

At least she's not looking at the camera smiling for a selfie. Concentration looks good!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Janno1 said:

Haha. I've only put her on for when I need picking up from the pub or out drinking she can drive home. She's not a big drinker so will work out well. 

If the wife can handle IT let her play with IT. Golden rule of long lasting and happy relationship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

At least she's not looking at the camera smiling for a selfie. Concentration looks good!

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

If the wife can handle IT let her play with IT. Golden rule of long lasting and happy relationship.

Haha oh yes full on concentration whilst driving. Pulling onto dual carriage way I told her to get to 60... definately got there very quick!

I'll teach her how to drive it. Seems comfortable so far. Once she's got used to the car and passed I'll let her loose fully.

Not sure who is still waiting, but my 245 has been sat at Emden since 29th March, closer but it’s making the wait worse - feeling rather impatient! Now on day 179 since ordering... 

5 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Not sure who is still waiting, but my 245 has been sat at Emden since 29th March, closer but it’s making the wait worse - feeling rather impatient! Now on day 179 since ordering... 

I am currently on day 181 since ordering.  Mine is due to be built next week

3 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

On day 149 with another 7-8 weeks still to go before delivery. Will be close to 200 by time I get mine.  :sweat::sadsmile:

6 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

They’re certainly making us all wait long enough! I know people say they are, but it had better be worth the wait!

Too bloody right, I have only just got a mobex so will be in that til mine finally arrives!