vRS245 ordered club

Yes dealer can do it, I think @themanwithnoaim had his turned off at PDI stage.

Lots of people have VCDS on here and someone local to you may be willing to help out.

Here's some info on VCDS:

https://m.gendan.co.uk/vcds-hex-usb-can.php?gclid=CjwKCAjwwPfVBRBiEiwAdkM0He_v63QFOr45WsBUr0dvLWboGQs1oGpX1ihiu2klcmj2HhtMuapkqhoCd1MQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nismogreen said:

E562B8DC-BDA6-4F0D-8C09-F99D3717925A.thumb.jpeg.33b5476d2d3d28740798d8482a24bce2.jpegHere is my “poverty red” estate. Looks pretty mean IMHO.

I went poverty red as well I love the white but my current car is white so I wanted a change. I actually think i made the right choice now.  looks epic my neighbours (all elderly) are not going to be so keen :)

Update this week from Simpsons, They have finally sorted their argument with skoda finance and my paperwork was in order and as its now 4 weeks late I asked them to deliver immediately. They came back and said the earliest they can deliver is the 9th of  April to which I spat my tea out. So (wed) is said ok sod it ill jump on a train and come an collect it (your paying for the train and a full tank of gas.) reply you can't its not been PDI'd yet (head is now banging on the desk.)  My reply well get on and PDI it then it will take me 4-5 hours to get to you plenty of time. Reply we can't no capacity in the workshop until after easter! (more tea spitting.) Ok back to you delivering it then yep we can do that but not until the 9th. So I googled and went on Shiply and found multiple vendors capable of delivering that same day for a not unreasonable cost and emailed the quotes to Simpsons.  Maxine at CS is going to update me again on Tuesday...  Im in week 22 from order... car has been with Simpsons since week 19. 

23 minutes ago, RussTi said:

Update this week from Simpsons, They have finally sorted their argument with skoda finance and my paperwork was in order and as its now 4 weeks late I asked them to deliver immediately. They came back and said the earliest they can deliver is the 9th of  April to which I spat my tea out. So (wed) is said ok sod it ill jump on a train and come an collect it (your paying for the train and a full tank of gas.) reply you can't its not been PDI'd yet (head is now banging on the desk.)  My reply well get on and PDI it then it will take me 4-5 hours to get to you plenty of time. Reply we can't no capacity in the workshop until after easter! (more tea spitting.) Ok back to you delivering it then yep we can do that but not until the 9th. So I googled and went on Shiply and found multiple vendors capable of delivering that same day for a not unreasonable cost and emailed the quotes to Simpsons.  Maxine at CS is going to update me again on Tuesday...  Im in week 22 from order... car has been with Simpsons since week 19. 

Shocking customer service... Simpson’s get a real mixed bag of feedback online so not surprised.  Hope you get it sorted mate

2 hours ago, nismogreen said:

All standard, just full of kids :D. It does have DCC though.

Well it looks great, I am currently searching for one with DCC , I have found 2 I like but they are very high spec and cost £29,000 Skoda will only give £7000 for my MK2 vRS, so monthly prices are too high, If I could sell mine private for £8500-£8000 I could put more down and just about manage the monthly's.

1 hour ago, alex_e3 said:

I had a pretty bad experience from Simpson's to be honest. The guy may as well have just chucked the keys at me and told me to be on my way!!

I bought my current car from Simpsons Preston, Very nice at first but pushy sales tactics like ringing me and saying do I definately want it someone else is interested, messing the skoda finance up and the salesman would not even return my calls after I bought it, I will not buy from them again

8 hours ago, juan27 said:

The sound from the engine/exhaust in a VRS 245 is quieter than in a MK2 FL TSi VRS when you are in the car.

It's very quiet, and the noise it does make when extended is not unpleasant but not very tuneful IMHO.

Certainly less rorty than the MK2 which I thought had quite a nice standard exhaust note if l'm honest.

Burbling, farting, snap crackle and popping are all entirely absent in the 245 in my experience.

To make up for this however the 245 has a fake noise generator which allows you to have some vroom vroom noises in the cabin if you like that sort of thing.

So basically the sport exhaust button doesn't open valves on the exhaust but pipes artificial engine noise into the cabin? So when Skoda say they have retuned the exhaust on the 245 to be more sporty this means they have changed the software settings on the noise generator?

4 hours ago, RussTi said:

So basically the sport exhaust button doesn't open valves on the exhaust but pipes artificial engine noise into the cabin? So when Skoda say they have retuned the exhaust on the 245 to be more sporty this means they have changed the software settings on the noise generator?

What sport exhaust button? There are no valves on the exhaust.

Sport driving mode increases the amount of artificial noise, but I think you get that on any VRS. 

IIRC the 245 is supposed to have a different exhaust, but if so it's not very noisy.

Edited by juan27

21 hours ago, RussTi said:

I went poverty red as well I love the white but my current car is white so I wanted a change. I actually think i made the right choice now.  looks epic my neighbours (all elderly) are not going to be so keen :)

Poverty Red is a bit harsh, I’m currently in a meteor grey and if I change will most probably be for that majestic red!

On 30/03/2018 at 12:08, RussTi said:

Very strange. I got brilliant service from them. I had issues with paperwork and they got sorted sharpish. Went in and out within half hour. Car is bloody lovely.

On 3/24/2018 at 14:21, Mcburns88 said:

Car built early and on the way to the port :biggrin:

Week 18 became week 13 only this week but they ended up building it a week early. Hopefully have it this day 3 weeks depending on shipping schedules.

1 week later, no idea yet when it's shipping from Emden. I've decided also to have ceramic coating applied so that'll add another 3-4 days to the wait. 21 weeks and counting.

It'll all be worth it in the end hopefully!

Im not bothered anymore :)

I got a free golf whilst they try and figure out my build date - so longer it takes, the more free motoring i have :)

£270 a month saved at the moment what with not having to make loan repayments or pay for insurance :)

• Like 1

For anyone on this side of the pond, Spirit Skoda have what I believe is the last available 245 in the country (thats not spoken for). Its the ex Skoda Ireland demo car on a 172 plate. DSG, black, kessy, sunroof, lane assist plus the usuals. 11K kms on the clock and still looking for €41K, think someones having a laugh.

My build week just got brought forward from bw22 to bw18 (w/c 30 April)

MY19 Octavias will also only start bw31 (see my separate thread re this) - not wk22 as per previous years, so anyone hoping to get extra options in wk22 will be disappointed

On 3/31/2018 at 14:46, Janno1 said:

Very strange. I got brilliant service from them. I had issues with paperwork and they got sorted sharpish. Went in and out within half hour. Car is bloody lovely.

OK final update.  Matt from Simpsons phoned me late on Tuesday from his personal mobile, he has booked a transporter to deliver this friday and he paid using his own money (i spat my tea again.) apparently the dealership doesn't have a credit card so he's had to stump up his own cash to sort the issue... So he really has gone the extra mile. He's going to claim it back from the dealer obvs but still. I can sit at home drinking tea on friday waiting for it to be dropped off. :)

• Like 2

Surprised the dealership doesnt have an account with a transport company to be honest!!

Glad you getting your car though.  When mine arrives, im going to go collect it from whereever it is!

1 hour ago, Janno1 said:

Does anyone know in the vrs settings what actually happens with the diff when changed from normal to sport diff?

Does it become more "aggressive?"

Oh it's always there in the background just waiting to suck you round corners, just plant your right foot trust & feel

It's always there !!!