vRS245 ordered club

49 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I thought all Dealer Demo's had been cancelled, Customer orderes only..................

Is correct.  Skoda have told all

dealers to pass back to stock, any cancellations - they are under strict instructions not to hold and sell.

Also see that Skoda are looking at building a new factory in Europe to address the delivery challenges. Saw an article over the weekend where Skoda admitted they had quite a few models with 8 month delivery timescales and they need to address.  The agreed 12% pay increase in Czech Republic will see a third shift added at the factories plus Sunday working so will increase capacity by c80k cars at the main factory alone.

Edited by Reddazforever

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Mine is over 7k and doesn't get over 20mpg until I'm out of town on the way home.... averaging about 29-30 now

6-1/2k & my tank to tank fuelly.com show 25mpg avg. I don't drive for fuel saving.

Mine never did any high early consumption

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but this is still probably the best place to ask... 

I read somewhere that the 245 is supposed to have a wifi hotspot I have set up and registered with skoda connect by using my phone as a hotspot to get it all kicked off but once i disconnect my phone says no longer connected to Internet. Now i know there is no sim in the car (at least anywhere I can see.) so I was assuming that it was built in somehow?

did i miss read the specs or am I missing something?

secondly I'm using the mirror dip but it winds the mirrors down great! but then out ... so i start to see the curb and then lose it again any way to get it to just adjust down or is the a vcds Mod ?

thanks all. 

1 minute ago, RussTi said:

I read somewhere that the 245 is supposed to have a wifi hotspot I have set up and registered with skoda connect by using my phone as a hotspot to get it all kicked off but once i disconnect my phone says no longer connected to Internet. Now i know there is no sim in the car (at least anywhere I can see.) so I was assuming that it was built in somehow?

secondly I'm using the mirror dip but it winds the mirrors down great! but then out ... so i start to see the curb and then lose it again any way to get it to just adjust down or is the a vcds Mod ?

thanks all. 

In regards to WIFI - you will only have it if you have the upgraded Nav system - cant remember what its called sorry. And even then you will need to put a sim in to the car. There is a slot in the glove box

1 minute ago, matt9407 said:

In regards to WIFI - you will only have it if you have the upgraded Nav system - cant remember what its called sorry. And even then you will need to put a sim in to the car. There is a slot in the glove box

Thanks Matt, no sim slot in glove box so that answers that ! 

Just now, matt9407 said:

With my 245 I just bought one of those MIFI devices on a Three contract for £8 a month with 20gb data. Kept it plugged into the power socket and it did the same job

I have unlimited data on my phone so will just hotspot from the phone. but thats a good idea too.

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

Silly question - but what do you need the hotspot for?

Is it for others to use wifi etc when in the car - eg kids on ipad etc?

I have three girls, the ONLY thing they were interested in was the wifi ! Oh and the ambient  lighting (set to pink!)  yes I know I can get a dongle but I'm sure i read somewhere that it came with a years free wifi... so yes to connect tablets /phones etc.

32 minutes ago, RussTi said:

thanks all. 

Have you registered with Skoda Connect recently? How did you get the PIN? Off the online Portal?

I have been trying to enter my PIN or the best part of 2 weeks now and it keeps saying code incorrect. 

Skoda customer services keep making up excuses and the latest is that the portal is down, which is why it won't work.

If yours has worked, that is interesting.

And yes, it does advertise it as coming with a WiFi hotpot, but it doesn't, which i was also pretty annoyed about!

Edited by chuno

Yes just down loaded the Skoda connect app (IPhone) inputted my details and got the code popped it in and it worked (tethered to my phone.)

If advertised as with it then i feel Skoda may need to rectify! 

call to customer services coming up :)

Called to swap my mobex car - guy on the phone was a proper *****, but as i needed his help more than he needed mine, i bit my tongue!

Anyway - golf goes tomorrow morning, and im getting a superb instead.

Also found out that my dealer who my 245 order was placed was RRG in Rochdale - im in Kent!  When the car is ready, think ill make a little weekend of it up in the lake districts and go get the car.

25 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Called to swap my mobex car - guy on the phone was a proper *****, but as i needed his help more than he needed mine, i bit my tongue!

Also found out that my dealer who my 245 order was placed was RRG in Rochdale - im in Kent!  When the car is ready, think ill make a little weekend of it up in the lake districts and go get the car.

I'd avoid Rochdale at all costs! I grew up there!

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

How does the whole mobex thing work?  I got a golf last week and it looks like ill have a mobex til end of may/june.

Do I keep the same car for the whole time or they may swap it out now and then?

Ordered end October 17, checked online on Monday and car is at Emden from start of April. It has been 'released for shipping' according to the cs advisor. Had anyone received their 'goodwill' gesture yet upon collecting car from dealer? 27th April will be exactly 6 months wait. Thanks

Just now, njr911 said:

What apps do I need on my phone and what do they all do - the thought of preheating my car on a frosty morning sounds awesome

Pretty sure you cant do any of that sort of stuff!

1 hour ago, martysparty99 said:

How does the whole mobex thing work?  I got a golf last week and it looks like ill have a mobex til end of may/june.

Do I keep the same car for the whole time or they may swap it out now and then?

I got bored of my 3dr golf, called them up and said car is too small i want a bigger car - so they swapping it.

As far as im aware - i just keep the car til mine turns up.

4 hours ago, Spacecadet said:

Ordered end October 17, checked online on Monday and car is at Emden from start of April. It has been 'released for shipping' according to the cs advisor. Had anyone received their 'goodwill' gesture yet upon collecting car from dealer? 27th April will be exactly 6 months wait. Thanks

I'd find out in advance, last thing you want is for everyone to deny any knowledge on collection day.

19 hours ago, Spacecadet said:

I need nothing of a good will feature mentioned. Ordered mine end of October and have had the car 2 weeks. Worth the wait.