vRS245 ordered club

13 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

What you ordered?   Excited for you mate

1 hour ago, Swirly182 said:

I think it might be a 245. Complete guess though. 

Standard 245 in red, no options other than rear camera.  Bring it on!:party:

Very nice, you will enjoy it. I have the same (estate) and the manual is quite refreshing, having driven autos for a while before. Helps that it is a nice slick gearbox too. 

1 hour ago, Reddazforever said:

Mines a manual hatch in red with no options - do similar #teamred 

Snap! I’ve had mine two weeks now and I’m still smiling! I know people keep saying it, but they’re worth the long and painful wait. 

8 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Snap! I’ve had mine two weeks now and I’m still smiling! I know people keep saying it, but they’re worth the long and painful wait. 

New cars are great for smiles!

can’t wait to get back in a petrol. My diesel mk3 vrs has been a great car but hate filling up and getting smelly hands plus the louder engine noise when idling. Bring on the beast!  Need to

speak to skoda chat to see it it’s boarded a ship yet.  

On 5/16/2018 at 07:17, Reddazforever said:

What you ordered?   Excited for you mate

Sods law, due to be delivered tmrw, dealer called and said the delivery company told them their lorry broke down so cant now do tmrw.  Its now saturday, not the end of the world I know!

4 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Sods law, due to be delivered tmrw, dealer called and said the delivery company told them their lorry broke down so cant now do tmrw.  Its now saturday, not the end of the world I know!

Bummer feel your frustration!:angry:

Maxine (skoda CS) called with some good news.... cars now on a ship sailing towards Grimsby.  Left port yesterday.  Woohoo....

anyone know now how long the trip takes from Emden?

54 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Maxine (skoda CS) called with some good news.... cars now on a ship sailing towards Grimsby.  Left port yesterday.  Woohoo....

anyone know now how long the trip takes from Emden?

Must be on the same ship as mine. CS told me earlier that the ship should arrive late today, and that it will be roughly a week until the dealer can hand over the keys. Dealer also rang me and said to expect to pick up at end of next week. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Must be on the same ship as mine. CS told me earlier that the ship should arrive late today, and that it will be roughly a week until the dealer can hand over the keys. Dealer also rang me and said to expect to pick up at end of next week. Enjoy! 

Hope I am in the same ship.... gonna give my dealer a heads up tomorrow morning to get the collection papers from

Grimsby ready. Apparently they can only submit the transport request when it arrives.

11 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Can see that the City of Barcelona car carrier arrived in Grimsby last night after leaving Emden on the 17th so am guessing our cars are now in port/being unloaded.  If not on this ship, another car carrier from Emden is due in today.  Getting excited.....:biggrin:

• Like 2

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:41, shyVRS245 said:

Bummer feel your frustration!:angry:

My 245 is being delivered between 8-10 tmrw, wait is almost over!  Far more exciting than the royal wedding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

My 245 is being delivered between 8-10 tmrw, wait is almost over!  Far more exciting than the royal wedding!

Enjoy picking it up... first stop petrol station and then b country roads :biggrin:

35 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Enjoy picking it up... first stop petrol station and then b country roads :biggrin:

Lovely feeling picking up a new car snd the weather should be great. Given the state of them, I would avoid b country roads unless you want be posting ' smashed my new alloys in huge pothole :crying::crying:'

Well it arrived at 8.30 this morning. Just been sat in it playing with all the functions. Had a quick spin, wow worth the wait! As you day next stop go fill her up! Then a blast. Mmmm that new car smell. Love it. My missus hates it!  One question, do I need to run it in? If so i cant give it the beans yet?

4 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Heard yesterday mine is off the boat and arrived at the dealer. Should be ready for delivery next week! Its almost here!  Only been waiting since October 9th

• Like 1

October 9th... It's pathetic isn't it. I ordered mine only a couple of days before and had it mid Feb. Thought that lead time was bad enough. 

15 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

October 9th... It's pathetic isn't it. I ordered mine only a couple of days before and had it mid Feb. Thought that lead time was bad enough. 

Did you sleep with the salesman? :D:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Making sure oil temperature is good, give it the beans and enjoy. (Obviously not 100% of the time!) 

A few pics. To me looks the mutts nuts and goes like stink too. What's not to like!

IMG_20180519_195305.jpg

Point Blur_May192018_201201.jpg

IMG_20180519_195206.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swirly182 said:

Looks great, another one for the poverty red club. There isn't much to dislike, for me the only negative is tyre noise! 

How much worse than the Mk3 vrs TDI’s 18” wheels?  Is it noticeable?

I've never tried the 18s, sure someone round here can compare them! My old 123d with M Sport suspension / 18" wheels was so quiet, even more so when I installed proper tyres. But any BM will have more insulation than an Octavia. 

I'm going to try the slightly wider tyre when the Pirellis wear. 

9 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

I've never tried the 18s, sure someone round here can compare them! My old 123d with M Sport suspension / 18" wheels was so quiet, even more so when I installed proper tyres. But any BM will have more insulation than an Octavia. 

I'm going to try the slightly wider tyre when the Pirellis wear. 

Can you do that with the 245?  Thought the rims were narrow / the same width as the 18”...  so couldn’t take wider tyres without risk. worth checking with others on this site to avoid a potential expensive mistake. 

Edited by Reddazforever
Spelling