vRS245 ordered club

Well after a few set backs with the car arriving at the dealers and them pulling their figure out, hopefully will be picking mine up Saturday which is only 245 days since ordering, so 1 day for each pony. Let's hope they get the finance docs sorted for tonight so I can get them back.

3 hours ago, Aston100 said:

After an eight month wait, my black beauty finally arrived.

And then 6 days later, a hit and run driver slammed into the back of it :(

FML.

Octavia - Copy.jpg

Either Drink driver, just stolen it or not insured, but still utter scumbags. Sorry for you!

11 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Can't say as am losing any sleep for 68 plate Golf R or Leon Cupra owners with only 296bhp to play with as I have been enjoying 302BHP under my right foot since March.C'est la vie as the French like to say!:o

Wow, a calibrated Right Foot that can detect 6bhp/2% difference.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

Wow, a calibrated Right Foot that can detect 6bhp/2% difference.

Hi Kev your missing the big difference. VRS245 has 370NM of torque whereas Golf and Leon have just 380NM. My re-mapped car has 467NM which makes a huge difference when accelerating in any gear!:blink:

22 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Wonder how performance on the 245 engine will vary with it having to meet new regulations?

Every thing so far points to an unchanged 245PS. Unlike the Golf R etc probably there's more scope at this level to just dial in a bit more boost to overcome new restrictions.

4 hours ago, juan27 said:

Every thing so far points to an unchanged 245PS. Unlike the Golf R etc probably there's more scope at this level to just dial in a bit more boost to overcome new restrictions.

A dealer mentioned to me that the MY19 245 would actually have less power than the MY18 245 due to the WTLP changes but i’ve not seen anything confirming that.  However, could be true given the cupra, Golf R and superb 280 engines are all confirmed as being less bhp than in MY18 - wouldn’t surprise me

40 minutes ago, Mark944gold said:

Well at last picked mine up today, seems such a long time since I ordered it. Enjoying so far and will look forward to this week, should put about 600 miles on it.

Congrats to you Mark and come on England 2-0 slayers of Sweden. Roll on Wednesday!:hi:

On 07/07/2018 at 20:46, Janno1 said:

I'm amazed people are still waiting for their 245. 

Have skoda given much compensation for those waiting for so long?

Not always compensation.  They extended the lease on my

old vrs and paid the mot and tyres to keep running it until

the 245 arrived 3 months later.  Seemed like a fair deal to

me

9 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

me

You were robbed

16 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

me

I told them i wanted to hand my car back so they given me a hire car for 4 months in the meantime on their dime!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Hi Tony clocked up 300 hours driving the 245 today after 326 days. Got to tax at the end of July, at least year 2 at £140 is better than year 1 of £200. Tyres still in good shape at 10,650 miles.

Not taken any notice of the hours TBH & I CBA to count the days either, at about 9-1/2k miles now. Front tyres changed at 8-1/2k miles, just nudged the front end on a car that stopped on a roundabout, TBH she was cut up by a year going right from the LH lane, not too much damage just the grill surround & a cuppa look a like stone chips, not sure how much a rear bumper is on POS Saferia though I'm sure I'll find out.

8 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Bugger. So why doesn't the vRS have emergency brake assist?! 

Mine does, perhaps circumstances (speed/approach etc) rendered it less effective?

16 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Not taken any notice of the hours TBH & I CBA to count the days either, at about 9-1/2k miles now. Front tyres changed at 8-1/2k miles, just nudged the front end on a car that stopped on a roundabout, TBH she was cut up by a year going right from the LH lane, not too much damage just the grill surround & a cuppa look a like stone chips, not sure how much a rear bumper is on POS Saferia though I'm sure I'll find out.

Groans, what a PIA. 

Good luck getting it all sorted! 

1 hour ago, KevC_Derby said:

Mine does, perhaps circumstances (speed/approach etc) rendered it less effective?

The 245 doesn't have as standard. My 16 plate Superb had it and it was one of the reasons I sold it. It was so annoying!:angry:

The Audi A4 i had used to have it... and often it would brake for no reason and was quite unnerving and car would often beep and brake and id take eyes off the road to look at screen which is warning me of a hazard - which was never there!

If you dont know how to brake for a car or something in front of you and need assistance, your probably not safe on the roads in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

The Audi A4 i had used to have it... and often it would brake for no reason and was quite unnerving and car would often beep and brake and id take eyes off the road to look at screen which is warning me of a hazard - which was never there!

If you dont know how to brake for a car or something in front of you and need assistance, your probably not safe on the roads in the first place.

Couldn't agree more. Once whilst driving the above mentioned Superb some plastic sheeting blew across the M1 and the car decided to slam on the brakes and even skidded slightly such was the severity of the application. If anyone had been close behind me they would have hit me and try telling your insurance company it wasn't you but the car that caused the accident. Radars and bad technology can be DANGEROUS! Nearly did a Michael Jackson dance move then!:o