Delivery Timescales

6 hours ago, JDR83 said:

Thankfully it is an excellent deal, which is why I have been fairly happy to put up with all of the delays.

At the end of the day, it's the cost that matters so I'm really pleased for you.  Hopefully you will have your car very shortly :thumbup:.

• Like 1

Car arrived at the dealers last Tuesday, am picking up on Wednesday! Salesman wont send me a picture because "he doesn't want to spoil the surprise!"

I hope it hasn't been painted pink or something..... :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liambobson said:

Car arrived at the dealers last Tuesday, am picking up on Wednesday! Salesman wont send me a picture because "he doesn't want to spoil the surprise!"

Hope it's not because it's parked outside his boss's house :)

1 hour ago, Liambobson said:

Arrrrr finally the lucky winner of the single, one off only Dragon Green Octavia has been found, you lucky lucky bar steward

Edited by themanwithnoaim

On 12/10/2017 at 19:15, Ozzy25 said:

0% PCP Finance offer for 2018 models in Ireland. Unfortunately no other freebies or upgrades offered. Ordered in August sometime. Was build week 48 then 50 then 02 then 49 and now 47. Should be here before end of year. Can't be used until 2018 anyway. 

Now moved to build week 43. Which is next week!!:biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, Liambobson said:

Picking her up after work today in a few hours! Dealer sent me a teaser video just to make me more excited.

As you can see i have opted for the white design pack+ 

Screenshot_20171018-111937.png

Loving the wet look paint job as well :D

19 minutes ago, Liambobson said:

Picking her up after work today in a few hours! Dealer sent me a teaser video just to make me more excited.

Great news, Liam!  It's a special occasion picking up a new car so enjoy and have fun with her! :thumbup:

My ship is coming in. Skoda Live Chat inform me that my Octy is on The Viking Diamond due to arrive at Sheerness just before midnight tonight.

Downside is  I've just got a cracked windscreen from a motorway trip. Not a repair job so do I let the dealer have it or get it done before I PX? I'm £100 out of pocket insurance wise, dealer looking at car on Monday to re assess with cracked screen but says may also knock £100 or so off value. Depends on the or so I suppose.

2 hours ago, YMe said:

My ship is coming in. Skoda Live Chat inform me that my Octy is on The Viking Diamond due to arrive at Sheerness just before midnight tonight.

Great news!!  Not long now...

2 hours ago, YMe said:

Downside is  I've just got a cracked windscreen from a motorway trip. Not a repair job so do I let the dealer have it or get it done before I PX? I'm £100 out of pocket insurance wise, dealer looking at car on Monday to re assess with cracked screen but says may also knock £100 or so off value. Depends on the or so I suppose.

I would do the insurance route personally.  It's not supposed to affect your NCD claiming for a windscreen.  It certainly didn't have any effect last time I claimed for one.

16 hours ago, YMe said:

Nice one,  So it is now sitting in sheerness, waiting for a lorry to take it.  Mine is coming in today on the Nackassar highway, also to Sheerness.  

Having spent time on the isle of Sheppy in the past, I want my car to get out of there ASAP, as it's not the nicest place in the world.

Mine was ordered 24th August (or that week) and had confirmation yesterday it will be at the dealership next week and collection will be next Friday so 9 weeks from day of order to day of collection.

Surprised but pleased as I really wasn't expecting it until towards the end of November.

6 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Mine was ordered 24th August (or that week) and had confirmation yesterday it will be at the dealership next week and collection will be next Friday so 9 weeks from day of order to day of collection.

Surprised but pleased as I really wasn't expecting it until towards the end of November.

What model/configuration did you go for? Trying to get clues as to how long mine might take. Cheers! 

36 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

What model/configuration did you go for? Trying to get clues as to how long mine might take. Cheers! 

As per my signature Richard.....VRS Tdi 4x4 DSG Estate (in Meteor Grey).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Really pleased for you.  Nine weeks is unbelievably fast going!!

3 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Really pleased for you.  Nine weeks is unbelievably fast going!!

Thanks Peter.

Just seen your signature.........23 weeks?

I think i was really lucky and you were incredibly unlucky as there seems to be a general middle ground for most?

1 hour ago, SummersetBoy said:

Just seen your signature.........23 weeks?

All part of the Skoda experience for Motability customers...

MrTaylor (posted above) is a fellow Motability customer and had taken my crown for the longest wait.  I think his is 25 weeks when he collects on Wednesday, albeit including a small delay due to fitting some adaptations.

2 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

All part of the Skoda experience for Motability customers...

MrTaylor (posted above) is a fellow Motability customer and had taken my crown for the longest wait.  I think his is 25 weeks when he collects on Wednesday, albeit including a small delay due to fitting some adaptations.

I don't know Peter, ours is also via Motability?

I see yours is petrol and have read here and on other VAG Group sites that the sudden shift from diesel, thanks in no small part to the VAG group as a whole, has caught them unawares with regards petrol engines?

Either way, we do feel lucky ourselves and sorry for those waiting the sort of time you have.

Two Fords we had via Motability previously both took 9+ months to arrive due to questionable reasons.

• Like 1

Yes, I do think that the petrol orders have suffered extra delays.  There's still lots of retail buyers in this thread that ordered well after me but got their cars earlier.  Still, I have mine now so I'm putting the wait behind me and enjoying the car.  I'm delighted with it!!

I hope you're as pleased with yours :thumbup:

36 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Yes, I do think that the petrol orders have suffered extra delays.  There's still lots of retail buyers in this thread that ordered well after me but got their cars earlier.  Still, I have mine now so I'm putting the wait behind me and enjoying the car.  I'm delighted with it!!

I hope you're as pleased with yours :thumbup:

Cheers Peter, I'm sure we will, whilst still a pretty sensible car, after driving 4x4's and a people carrier as our main car's for the last 8+ years, having something a bit sportier as a daily will be a nice change........ actually looking forward to this one!

Enjoy yours too.

• Thanks 1