ACC and Front Assist not available

I was supposed to pick up my 1.4TSi SE L yesterday.  After sorting out the paperwork the salesman went to bring the car round to the front. However on doing so the Maxidot presented we the error ""ACC and Front Assist not available".  The car is brand new and arrived at the garage the previous week.  It had been through PDI and been on a road test and the error hadn't been present.  They hooked it up to diagnose but don't have calibration equipment so couldn't do anything. They were slightly confused about the mention of ACC as the car doesn't have it.

They need to take it to their other site which do have calibration equipment to diagnose.  Is the error just a standard one, or is there potential that an incorrect module has been fitted at the factory expecting ACC which isn't present?

It was a bit of a let down but I am glad this presented before I took the car away.

Thanks,

Paul

I have ACC and can get that error when the car is driven close to certain barriers. Something about them causes the error and the system will come back a few minutes later.

Places I have had it include driving through the Blackwall Tunnel and roadworks on the M5 where it joined the M42.

If your car does have ACC and they are going to calibrate it, get them to do a wheel alignment at the same time. Depending on the required adjustments, they also need to recalibrate the ACC and it ramps up the cost of the alignment to £450 at a main dealer.

If memory serves me correctly, this error can be caused by the Cruise Control stalk being pushed fully forward? I seem to remember this error and pulling the stalk back cleared the message.

IF I am right, the dealer needs to go on a training session......

I don't have ACC but do have Front Assist and from time to time do get warnings about No Front Sensor view being available. Just assumed this was normal, as it usually carries on working straight after.

The salesman was surprised as it hadn't warned during PDI and road test but was doing it while parked with nothing near it.  Hopefully it gets resolved soon as it was a real let down that I couldn't take my new car away!

Usually you will get the messages "ACC not available" or "StopStart not available" when there is a general engine fault.

The messages doesn't mean there is a fault with the radar sensor, just that the function cannot be used as a precaution because something else is flagging an error.

Ask the dealer for the fault codes which were recorded when they looked into it further.

On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 16:58, ahenners said:

I don't have ACC but do have Front Assist and from time to time do get warnings about No Front Sensor view being available. Just assumed this was normal, as it usually carries on working straight after.

This message is normal if you drive for around 60s in a situation where the road is curved & the system thinks it cannot get a clear view of the road infront.

I have the same message everytime I drive in a multistory carpark with helical exit ramps. About half way to the top (I always like to park on the empty floor ;)) I get this warning.

After reaching daylight & a straight road the message dissapears.

you can have the same thing if you drive in a tight tunnel where the road & barriers are curved.

• Like 1

Dealer phoned and it is a calibration issue.  Problem they now have is that they don't currently have the mirrors required for the facelift model.  The ones presented facelift don't work.  They are waiting on Skoda UK providing a way forward on this.

This seems quite strange on a new car as it should be calibrated from the factory.

On the latest model-year is the front-assist sensor in the light/rain module on the windscreen or still fitted in the middle of the bumper grill?

If its on the bumper I would be asking them to check for signs of someone giving it a bump which has dislodged the sensor.

As far as I know the sensor is still fitted in the middle of the bumper grill.  The dealer did say that it should have been calibrated at the factory, but for some reason it needs re-calibrated (or it was missed at the factory).  I will see what Skoda UK come back with but will be pushing for a prompt resolution.  

Shambic indeed! The dealer has been very good.  The equipment never arrived from Skoda and they have been unable to get a reply from them (all correspondence I by email no direct line to the tech guys apparently).  They have spoken to Customer Care who suggested speaking to VW or Audi dealer.  VW dealer is next door to Skoda but they were unable to assist.  They are awaiting feedback from Audi.  Hopefully better news tomorrow.

Audi dealer won't assist and Skoda UK are now saying that they think a software update will resolve this but are unsure when they will be able to supply this to the dealer.  I will be phoning customer care tomorrow (they were closed when I tried earlier) to see about escalation.  I find this utterly ridiculous. It is up to Skoda to resolve and they seem to be shirking their responsibilities.

Ask them for a very high spec, expensive car to drive around in whilst you are waiting! They will fix it blooming quick!

Dealer are going to be giving me a SE L 2.0TDi tomorrow as my extension on my insurance was up so they are now taking my trade in.  Dealer couldn't have been better.  Fault all falls with Skoda.

I spoke to Customer Care this morning.  It wasn't a good start when the guy admitted that the details on file were "over his head".  He is going to contact technical and get back to me.  I told him I wanted a full explanation from technical on:

1. The actual issue

2. How it needs to be resolved as the dealer were first told mirrors for the Octavia FL then told that a software update could fix it

3. A realistic acceptable timescale for this to be resolved as we are now 1 week on from the issue first presenting.

Hopefully he phone back with this information.

Has anybody any experience with Customer Care (UK) at resolving issues, and potentially escalating this?

Thanks,

Paul 

So the follow up call added nothing else.  He is still waiting on an update from Technical.  When I questioned why we were waiting to hear from them rather than pushing for a fix he seemed surprised I wanted to do that.

On a plus note I have a 2.0TDi SE L on loan from the garage and it is awesome!

2 hours ago, ceepan said:

So the follow up call added nothing else.  He is still waiting on an update from Technical.  When I questioned why we were waiting to hear from them rather than pushing for a fix he seemed surprised I wanted to do that.

On a plus note I have a 2.0TDi SE L on loan from the garage and it is awesome!

You're doing better than my workmate with his BMW then! 6 month old X1, been in the dealer's nearly 2 weeks with no ETA on it being sorted, and he's lumped with a Ford Kuga. Apparently costing them a fortune in rental fees too.

Hope you get sorted soon!

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

You're doing better than my workmate with his BMW then! 6 month old X1, been in the dealer's nearly 2 weeks with no ETA on it being sorted, and he's lumped with a Ford Kuga. Apparently costing them a fortune in rental fees too.

Hope you get sorted soon!

I can't fault the dealer. They have been brilliant. If only Skoda would step up.

On 23/06/2017 at 12:26, ceepan said:

I spoke to Customer Care this morning.  It wasn't a good start when the guy admitted that the details on file were "over his head".  He is going to contact technical and get back to me.  I told him I wanted a full explanation from technical on:

1. The actual issue

2. How it needs to be resolved as the dealer were first told mirrors for the Octavia FL then told that a software update could fix it

3. A realistic acceptable timescale for this to be resolved as we are now 1 week on from the issue first presenting.

Hopefully he phone back with this information.

Has anybody any experience with Customer Care (UK) at resolving issues, and potentially escalating this?

Thanks,

Paul 

Hi Ceepan,

Ask your dealer if they've submitted a DISS report & if yes what was the answer.

see my answer to a Mk33 Superb problem which explains the DISS system here,  https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385044-poi/?page=8