Dodgy door wiring

rephlex

My MK1 elegance has slowly been developing fauls with the door wiring over the last couple of years and I'm finally getting around to having a go at fixing them. I hope that this is all due to water ingress in a connnector somewhere and I was wondering if anyone might help me trace it..

I replaced the driver door loom a couple of years ago due to water ingress destroying 5 of the pins in the connector, I've just had a look today and connector looks fine, theres a bit of green arond the window motor pins but that was from before.

The main issuse is that the rear NS passanger door no longer locks / unlocks with central locking, door led on dashboard does not light up. The window also has stopped opening too.

- I've just replaced the door lock with an  ebay special and no change. I had the same problem with the rear FS passager door not unlocking and a new lock fixed it.

The boot lights do not go on when the boot opens and the LED on the dashboard does not light up.

Also last winter the rear wiper would go on if the front wiper was off (and I seem to remember the dashboard LED would go on when the rear wiper was off or maybe the other way around).

This seemed to have fixed itself but will probabily come back when the weather gets worse..

The last thing is that the relay under the hazard light button can get into a clicking fit usually after cancelling an indicator. Nothing else seems to happen.. My guess is a faulty relay or dirty indicator contacts.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Found first issue - rear windscreen hose had become disconnected where the CD player used to be. The whole compartment was filling up with water when the washer was on. It then drained through the drain hole where the blue pipe goes so in under a minuite it was empty again. I never noticed anything!

Anyway one of the pins is completely missing, most of the others have corroded and there is quite a lot of damage to the plastic parts of the connectors.

I think I'll try just cutting the whole lot off and replacing with some crimps unless anyone has any better ideas.

On another note I've never had much power between 1200-1500RPM, particularly when cold. I've changed the air mas meter and it made it a little bit better. When the turbo kicks in you really notice it because before then it just feels like its limping along. Leaky breather hose perhaps?