New Car New Colour MAPLE BROWN , should i do it

Deceided to go for a new 1.5 TSI DSG , all i need to get right is the colour , not being a boy racer , was thinking  the new Maple Brown , anyone got an Octavia in real life in that colour , and whats the thoughts on it . Thanks 

It looks OK, a bit reminiscent of the colour that was available on the first-gen Superb a few years ago; I think it's definitely a marmite colour, personally I wouldn't as I'd want something shiny in the sunshine. 

Probably best to keep your eye out for one on the road/in the dealers and go from there; the extra cost of metallic paint for X-amount of years ownership you want to get right first time around; only you can decide which colours you prefer. 

There is a good picture in the Octavia brochure i downloaded , which is why iam tempted , there were none at the local dealers , although the colour ball they use , made it look tempting as , more a deep bronze than brown and a good shine . still trying to decide , before finalising order monday 4Q4Q-Maple-Brown.jpg?DocID=1398&Width=21 

image.png

Pitty you have to go the length of the L&K to get the brown interior to go with it.

Having passed the half century I find myself getting more into beige and brown - Help what's happening to me.

My last car was cappuccino beige. Would have preferred just about anything else but the price and spec was right (secondhand). After 5 years I was disappointed that I could not get an SE Sport in cappuccino  beige. This time availability (pre reg) and price dictated moon white, once again very far down my list of favourites  but I have convinced myself that it is higher visibility than beige and as such a safety feature. 

The brown looks good to me though.

I've got a Superb L&K in magnetic brown with brown leather interior

Absolutely love it

To be honest it's crazy asking for opinions on a car you are going to have to live with, you'll end up with more questions than answers

The moral is if YOU like it, go for it

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, savvy5 said:

This is purely a personal taste thing. If you like it, go for it. One thing, it'll never get dirty unlike my candy white.

You say that, but Topaz Brown does still show the dirt. It loses all it's shine and then looks far better when it's cleaned.
Not as much as white though, I grant you.

Anyway, this new brown looks like a pretty similar colour. I'm very pleased with mine especially on a sunny day.

Ended up doing the deal with the metallic Grey , added heated seats and the heated windscreen , for comfort .

Delivery looks like 16 to 20 weeks for the 1.5 petrol dsg , so the options will be a pleasure when it arrives , having the Auto Glym and full tank of fuel as frebbies .

Overall cost £ 21800 , then minus my  old Octavia on the scrappage deal ended up paying £18300.

Just thinking afterthought can i still add a few options this weekend like DSG  steering wheel .

On 20/09/2017 at 18:57, johnmb said:

Ended up doing the deal with the metallic Grey , added heated seats and the heated windscreen , for comfort .

Delivery looks like 16 to 20 weeks for the 1.5 petrol dsg , so the options will be a pleasure when it arrives , having the Auto Glym and full tank of fuel as frebbies .

Overall cost £ 21800 , then minus my  old Octavia on the scrappage deal ended up paying £18300.

Just thinking afterthought can i still add a few options this weekend like DSG  steering wheel .

just had email saying build week 40 , How long does it normally take untill delivery from the week quoted .Thanks

16 hours ago, johnmb said:

just had email saying build week 40 , How long does it normally take untill delivery from the week quoted .Thanks

Usually just a few weeks afterwards, mine came about a week earlier than the dealer anticipated which was nice. 

Could be longer though if these are still at it though...

gp0str3gn_web_size_with_credit_line.jpg

...I know your one is petrol, but they don't :D

Edited by courty