Skoda approved lowering springs for a MK3 VRS?

2 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

So what brand of spacers do people recommend and what size?, a lot seem to have 12mm but im not sure that would be enough and then some say 20mm is too much!?.

Can the spacers be installed yourself or once fitted does the tracking and wheel alignment need to be re-calibrated? 

I haven't done it on my Skoda yet but on my previous car I had 25mm spacers installed on the rear and it made the ride quite choppy, but high speed handling was improved a bit. I didn't have to get an alignment done.

1 minute ago, StealthRS245 said:

I haven't done it on my Skoda yet but on my previous car I had 25mm spacers installed on the rear and it made the ride quite choppy, but high speed handling was improved a bit. I didn't have to get an alignment done.

Is that 25m each side (so 5mm an axel)?

Yeah think id go for 15mm each side (30mm an axel).

Im hoping pushing the wheels out further would close up the gap between my 18" alloys and the wheel arches, there seems to be a fairly large gap

1 minute ago, BlockABoots said:

Is that 25m each side (so 5mm an axel)?

Yeah think id go for 15mm each side (30mm an axel).

Im hoping pushing the wheels out further would close up the gap between my 18" alloys and the wheel arches, there seems to be a fairly large gap

Yeah it was 25mm each side which is pretty big, it was a Falcon Ute with big bulgy guards. I reckon 15mm would look neat on a RSB)

New Bolts, explained elsewhere in another spacer thread. You want to maintain the existing amount of thread engagement in the Hub. Measure an existing Bolt and add the length of the Spacer and get the nearest standard length not forgetting to get the Conical “Head” variant.

3 minutes ago, BlackOctaviaRS said:

Thanks! That carbon looks amazing!

yeah the original maxton and rieger carbon look is poor even the 'real' carbon is very poor quality. Dipping gives it a better colour and much glossier and has a better 3D effect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 01/10/2017 at 08:10, Esseesse200 said:

Yep mine on H&R has been for 60k miles and no problems with the shocks etc. Ride is better than standard. 

3E2D7380-4103-4B0D-8403-1A2EAC9865FC.jpeg

Hi mate am thinking about lowering my MK3 Skoda Octavia vrs do u remmond it

On 18/09/2018 at 08:46, JohnnyType2 said:

standard vRS is -15mm over stock, this was -40mm over stock front and back.

The side on stripe image is a better representation as the suspension had time to settle after being up on the jacks, it was up on the jacks in the close up.

nope no rubbing at all and i live on very uneven rural roads. it actually handles the bigger potholes with ease feels much safer.

Hi mate is the car better lowered