P2015 fault code

I know there are numerous threads on this very problem and I apologise in advance for bringing up another one but I believe I have a slightly different problem. 

Long story short... Bought my Octy vrs tsi from a dealer, it had the "eml" light on so I said to dealer I'd buy it if that was fixed, picked the car up after a while and right enough the light was off UNTIL I drove maybe 5 miles and it popped back on. 

Sent the car back to him and new manifold fitted free of charge... Part came to £316 so very pleased with that. 

So my question is, would it be a faulty part on the new manifold or another connecting part I.e throttle body? 

Thanks for any help 

Sounds like they just cleared the fault the first time. The manifold can fail in a variety of different ways, stuck runners / flaps, actuator diaphragm failure, actuator linkage, runner position sensor misoperation or failure.

Throttle body is separate different faults should be logged in relation that. 

• Like 1

Yes I certainly believe he cleared the code the first time... But to have a new manifold fail, I guess just bad luck I suppose... I'll be phoning him tomorrow to get this sorted once and for all 

Can happen. Unlikely though. Back to the first time you asked it to be fixed before purchase. Are you 100% sure it was replaced then? And the  second time?

The first time they may have just cleared the fault and it may go away for a while. Or did he use a second hand manifold the first time or just try to clean it up. Questions to ask if you're concerned....

Would of been a good time to clean up inlet valves too but jobs done now if it has been replaced already.

I know for a fact he just cleared the code before I bought it, and again I know he replaced it with a new part as I have a copy of the receipt from "tps"

And I've visually confirmed it's new as my old one had the actuator arm popping off. 

I'll see what he has to say when he opens today. 

Thanks for your help. 

Unfortunately I don't think that will work for my tsi but thanks for your effort. 

Got a bit of an update. 

After the light came back on I contacted the original car dealer to see what he'd do, turns out not alot, SO!! I took the car to a place I actually trusted. 

Turns out the new manifold was inadequately fitted and they left some hoses and connections loose!! 

My garage sorted that out and cleared the code again YAAAY!!....... But no (grr and arrg!) it came back and now it turns out the flaps aren't moving at all so they'll take it off and check EVERYTHING that involves the manifold (wires,houses and connections) I just pray that's the end of it 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi could anyone help me. I have a octavia vrs 2011. done a lot of miles. Had p2015 appear so changed senser switch and mass air flow valve but the engine light will not stay off.

Any ideas what to try next?

Unfortunately I still have mine on.... After a new manifold and all sensors around it fitted and all relevant air houses renewed.... It's down to an auto electrician 

• 11 months later...

Bit of a revival but just wondering if anyone got to the bottom of this? 

I've just fitted a new manifold and injector seals to try and get rid of this..along with completely cleaning the ports and backs of all the valves too...and it's still coming on..

Car drives fine and light doesn't come back on until it's been switched off and driven again. 

I've triple checked all the pipes and outlets on the IM, and I'm sure everything's in place although to make it easy there's loads of blanked off connections on the IM. 

really appreciate any help! 

Cheers! 

after getting the same P2015 issues (many many many years ago) - i replaced the intake manifold in my Octavia RS MY11 TSI with an intake manifold kit from ECS Tuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/tsi-intake-manifold-with-complete-installation-kit-improved-oem-version-over-oe-06j133201bd/06j133201bh1ktkt/

make sure u've got all the necessary/required bits and bobs done.

On 08/10/2018 at 04:25, JR RS said:

after getting the same P2015 issues (many many many years ago) - i replaced the intake manifold in my Octavia RS MY11 TSI with an intake manifold kit from ECS Tuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/tsi-intake-manifold-with-complete-installation-kit-improved-oem-version-over-oe-06j133201bd/06j133201bh1ktkt/

Thanks for the reply!!! 

I have already replaced the inlet manifold with an OEM replacement and the light still comes on occasionally..

Starting to wonder if it's a sensory issue now instead of mechanical one..I've de-coked that backs of the valves and the ports...  at feels flawless but the light still comes on..

With no more time left to throw at it, it looks like I'm going to have to dig a little deeper..:( 

Thanks for the help!! 

Did you replace with the latest revision of the manifold with the new swing angle sensor and flap actuator with the extra fresh air port? I'm dreading doing this job, chucking a few hundred quid on the new manifold and then the light still coming back on.

2 hours ago, Mankee said:

Did you replace with the latest revision of the manifold with the new swing angle sensor and flap actuator with the extra fresh air port? I'm dreading doing this job, chucking a few hundred quid on the new manifold and then the light still coming back on.

yeah its the latest revision from an OEM dealer and its still coming back, on every now and then. my previous one looked like the original design with the plastic pivot arm that wears out. My old one you could just push off with no resistance.  Car is still being used daily and driving fine. Im going to dig a bit deeper at the weekend..only issue is that you cant just keep whipping it on and off its a big job and the injector seals aren't cheap lol.

ill let you know how I get on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/10/2018 at 04:25, JR RS said:

Starting to get my wallet ready for manifold fix.

Did you have to pay any import tax?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, 

I bought mine from a main dealer near me it was more expensive butni couldn't wait for one from overseas as I need the car for my commute. 

(I'd imagine there might be an import tax on the IM and potentially a customs charge if they want to open it during shipping too?) 

Since fitting the new IM the light has come on a few times and I've checked all sorts and still no resolution. 

I've got some time off coming up so I'm going to have another look then and see what's what. 

Thanks, 

Joe 

FWIW, I had the P2015 and bought a new manifold from eBay USA. Turns out that manifold was also faulty (lever arm clearly pops out of position, causing a vac leak). Wish I'd gone for the uprated version.

Decided to buy the TSI lever arm fix kit (for £100 after import duties!) from ECS Tuning, which hasn't fixed it either, so I'm currently driving around with the EML on until I either a) find it's something else causing it, or b) buy an uprated manifold an go through the pain of taking it off again :@

I'm still getting the code now..not sure where to look next...I wonder if it has any relation to egr? Need to look into it further but just don't have the time...car is still driving fine at the moment. 

Anyone tried this Resistor mod? Same principle as VW engine.

I'm assuming the flaps stay open when engine is off.

I've fitted the Diesel Geeks fix but would rather the system to be switched off all together and this resistor mods tricks the ecu into thinking everything is fine.