Octavia vrs 245 DSG mpg and 0-60?

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

If you just look over your windscreen thats us on the other side. always 'early' never late. :tongueout:

is that a late champagne edition?

ha ha.. small world.  if you're there again in 2018 say hello.

yes it's a 78 champagne edition westfalia.   lots of work to get it looking like it does now.. but worth it.

2 minutes ago, rob_e said:

ha ha.. small world.  if you're there again in 2018 say hello.

yes it's a 78 champagne edition westfalia.   lots of work to get it looking like it does now.. but worth it.

yes ill be there, i run earlybay.com, mine is the mint original paint Kansas Beige 71 deluxe microbus. did you see the yellow and red manx buggy that took a top 20 inside? it belongs to a mate of mine. used to belong to Brian Burrows back in the day and was the first dub on the cover of edition 1 of volksworld mag.

4 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

yes ill be there, i run earlybay.com, mine is the mint original paint Kansas Beige 71 deluxe microbus. did you see the yellow and red manx buggy that took a top 20 inside? it belongs to a mate of mine. used to belong to Brian Burrows back in the day and was the first dub on the cover of edition 1 of volksworld mag.

ahh.. so you're that johnny from earlybay..  i'm a member on there from when i was searching for buying my first bus but i'm not a regular - i'm on thelatebay.com mostly.  we might have some mutual friends :)

Just for anyone whom is thinking of getting the DTUK tuningbox for their 245, ensure you ask for the Golf 265 clubsport map WITH the 100 mA jumpers.

The boost is unreal just, gotta figure out how to stop the wheels spinning @ 5k revs in every gear upto & including 4th. I'll try turning the pedalbox plus down first then & only then am I gonna reduce the boost but, its a shedload of fun......

Edited by themanwithnoaim

5 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Just for anyone whom is thinking of getting the DTUK tuningbox for their 245, ensure you ask for the Golf 265 clubsport map WITH the 100 mA jumpers.

The boost is unreal just, gotta figure out how to stop the wheels spinning @ 5k revs in every gear upto & including 4th. I'll try turning the pedalbox plus down first then & only then am I gonna reduce the boost but, its a shedload of fun......

Tyre manufacturers everywhere will be rejoicing at your news. :)

3 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

Tyre manufacturers everywhere will be rejoicing at your news. :)

PS4S is the only way to go nowdays Gerry so, other than Michelin they all do one

Running V Power now too so, Shells share price will be heading north too

Did I mention I have to attend a "Driver Awareness course" !!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

PS4S is the only way to go nowdays Gerry so, other than Michelin they all do one

Running V Power now too so, Shells share price will be heading north too

Be prepared to be treated like a school child, and spoken to like you have an IQ of 3. I loathed the people who ran my course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 29/11/2017 at 15:20, GoneToBeemer said:

Be prepared to be treated like a school child, and spoken to like you have an IQ of 3. I loathed the people who ran my course!

I attended one last year. It was hosted by a couple of ex cops, not at all patronising and no use of scare tactics, as I was expecting.

Very informative and educational, yet light hearted.

Just now, waaar said:

I attended one last year. It was hosted by a couple of ex cops, not at all patronising and no use of scare tactics, as I was expecting.

Very informative and educational, yet light hearted.

I didn’t get so lucky unfortunately.

I think it’s just luck of the draw, some people seem to have a terrible experience, and others the polar opposite.

It’s a shame really, as people only learn and take in information when they’re engaged with the person who’s teaching, so unfortunately running a course like the one I had means people will learn sweet FA, which defeats the purpose of being there in the first place! 

On 29/11/2017 at 13:31, themanwithnoaim said:

Sounds impressive!

I'm curious what the mechanical differences are between the 220, 230 & 245, power wise.

1 minute ago, GoneToBeemer said:

I didn’t get so lucky unfortunately.

I think it’s just luck of the draw, some people seem to have a terrible experience, and others the polar opposite.

It’s a shame really, as people only learn and take in information when they’re engaged with the person who’s teaching, so unfortunately running a course like the one I had means people will learn sweet FA, which defeats the purpose of being there in the first place! 

Very true, if the approach is wrong from the teacher, people won’t learn.

On 11/29/2017 at 13:39, themanwithnoaim said:

I hope it's a LOT better than the one I had to attend at Crowthorne a few years ago - it was one of the "bad boy" courses offered instead of 6 points, but still meant 3 points as well as the course fee.

The video and driver awareness exercises were pretty puerile and concentrated solely on the over simplistic "speed kills" message, and the practical in an underpowered city car was almost irrelevant (all the cars parked outside were high power cars) and included advice that was potentially dangerous such as "you must be in 3rd gear in a 30mph limit so you don't hold up other traffic when you need to accelerate" - we all pointed out that in the cars we drove if we sneezed and pressed the throttle pedal that would mean by the time our eyes re-opened (yes your eyes do close when you sneeze) we would be going much faster than 30mph so that was far more dangerous than being in a higher gear and definitely not holding up traffic by an inability to accelerate.