Cabin footwell lights

Andy730

Are the footwell lights on as standard on a Mk2? 

Currently mine come on when I enter or exit the car but are not on low when driving.

I have looked for the option to turn them on but there is nothing in the Light settings options.

Do you have to turn on the option via a Ross-Kemp cable and if so, has anyone got the code?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

On 11/10/2017 at 14:44, Andy730 said:

Are the footwell lights on as standard on a Mk2? 

Currently mine come on when I enter or exit the car but are not on low when driving.

On my poverty spec facelift S model the footwell lights are on dim whilst driving (as original)

Mine need to be activated through VCDS. The option was in convenience and was the Footwell option 'Terminal 58d' similar to below, this then showed the option on Maxidot.

58d.PNG

I have double checked the Convenience section and there seems to be no option to turn on or off. 

The lights do work as they come on when you enter the car or turn the engine off, when they slowly fade to off.

Thanks Mark for the update. I will give it a go and update.

On 13/11/2017 at 12:10, MarkTB said:

Mine need to be activated through VCDS. The option was in convenience and was the Footwell option 'Terminal 58d' similar to below, this then showed the option on Maxidot.

58d.PNG

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info the other day.

I did try to find it via what you said but got a bit lost and could not actually find the screen that you posted showing the tick option.

Any chance of explaining where I need to look to be able to get to that page?

Regards,

Andy

Then something (I know obviously) is wrong as that is standard on the Elegance or you are doing something not quite the same/correct/right. I am sure that you have tried it all but something simple is amiss here. I know having been there myself on many occasions :D.

Edited by Danny 57

I thought it was me but I have searched and checked all sections and checked again.

This is what is showing on my 'Lights & Vision'.

Do the footwell lights when driving work off another fuse compared to when they come on when opening the door etc? I only ask as for all the fuse holders available, there isn't an excessive amount of fuses.

20171120_080531_HDR.jpg

I doubt there is an extra fuse, I didn't add one when I retrofitted foot well lighting to my Octavia (similar electrically).

Can you post a full autoscan @Andy730 as this will show exactly which modules you have and how they are configured. It should help us offer better advice rather than guessing :) 

The sequence for activating footwell lights is:

1. Select control module from VCDS main screen
2. Go into '09- Cent. Electrics'
3. Select 'Coding'
4. Long Coding Helper (if you've not already saved a scan, take a note of the coding before changing)
5. Go to 'Byte 12' and select 'Bit5' (Footwell lights with Terminal 58d active).

This then brings the option up on Maxidot.

Photos below with option de-activate and again once re-activated.

Mark.

20171120_094009[1].jpg

20171120_094121[1].jpg

2 hours ago, Andy730 said:

I thought it was me but I have searched and checked all sections and checked again.

This is what is showing on my 'Lights & Vision'.

Do the footwell lights when driving work off another fuse compared to when they come on when opening the door etc? I only ask as for all the fuse holders available, there isn't an excessive amount of fuses.

20171120_080531_HDR.jpg

Andy, to state the obvious and again forgive me if you have already. In your picture have you scrolled down as it should be below that (travel mode).

Hi, no it wasn't in the options anywhere.

I had to turn it on.

Thanks so much to Mark for your directions. All sorted and working now.

It took a little working out to realise what to press to bring up Byte 12 but got there in the end.

I would have never found it without your support.

Thank you again.

Andy

20171120_181331_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear. It is like most of these things there is usually a simple answer. It is just knowing what and who to ask. That is what makes this site so good is the knowledgeable on it. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1