Any at UK dealers yet?

Portman

I know when VED historically changes, but there is more than VED changing there is the HMRC change, but if it is to change on the 1st then the journalists and articles i read will be wrong.  We will see.

GOV.UK so the Government or Civil Servants seem to think it begins on the 6th April 2018, 

but that might be there error.

Autumn Budget 2017_ overview of tax legislation and rates (OOTLAR) - GOV.UK.mhtml

If i am mixing up the Diesel Supplement and Company Tax on Vehicles with the VED Band going higher 1st or 6th then sorry,

Edited by AwaoffSki

5 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

So the 190 ps /138 g /Co2, 2.0 TDI's are going from £200 to £500 in the First Year from April 6th, as other Makers Diesels between 131-150 are.

the 118 g /Co2 2.0 tdi just from £160 to £200.

Some versions if the 190os have a llow CO2 (107) - so this may encourage someone to buy a car with a lower CO2. However what I hate about the new car tax system - If you buy a nearly new car then it's nearly the same road fund licence for most cars. IE It's possible to buy a nearly new Mustang (that was under £40k new) that has the same RFL as a Citigo

Edited by bigjohn

It would appear 11 - 13 January 2018 is when dealerships are having Karoq open days. Just got an email about a joint Kodiaq and Karoq Meet'n'Greet over those days. 

As it appears launch is Thursday 11th January (and subsequent days), that suggests that apart from early orders/stock.  April (after VED changes) will be first deliveries for specs with options chosen at launch (allowing usual 3 months)

On 11/18/2017 at 16:43, Portman said:

I suspect it is  still early days but has anyone yet seen a Karoq at a UK dealer?

I believe they were able to order in advance of the public order books commencing 3rd October, but I don't know how that may have translated to delivery times.  I have been told mid-December at the earliest is a possible date for demo vehicles to arrive.

Two Karoqs at Azur Skoda in Cichester on20th of December,I went to try them for size.Now I am waiting for mine to  be delivered,possibly next month....

10 minutes ago, SplinterWood said:

Two Karoqs at Azur Skoda in Cichester on20th of December,I went to try them for size.Now I am waiting for mine to  be delivered,possibly next month....

out of all places and here it is hiding.

West London Skoda lost to Cichester :giggle:

We ordered ours on 9th October and we're told on Monday that it was on the boat from Emden to Newcastle. Looks like we'll be able to have it on launch day. We ordered a 2.0 "rattly soot chucker" . A 1.5 TSI pulling an Ifor Williams trailer and 1600 kgs of stone uphill out of Cloburn Quarry in Lanark would be as much use as a chocolate teapot! All of the engine options have their place.

• Haha 2

Simpsons Preston website shows they have one in, but I'm not driving across Preston on Black Eye Friday just to look at it, I hate Preston, so I'll wait a while until after the holidays, maybe the middle of January.

Went for a look in our local dealers showroom this morning and surprise, when we got there, our own car had just been off-loaded. Edition 2.0 TDI 4 x 4 DSG in Velvet Red.  Must be one of the first customer orders to arrive in the UK. Really chuffed, it looks great. I don't think we'll be allowed to drive it away until launch day so counting down the days.

It will be interesting to see where dealerships are storing these vehicles until release day in nearly 3 weeks time. 

If Bowdies vehicle is at any of the dealerships I'm  thinking of, it's difficult to get a parking space at either of them even when you're booked in. 

Will they PDI them as they come in, or nearer the time of the release day? From personal experience the PDI on my vehicle failed to pick up the DMF was shot and the plastic trim for the boot latch was broken.

Possibly something for new owners to bear in mind when they collect their vehicles. 

Went down to the Crawley dealer to look at their Karoq, ended up getting a test drive and placing an order! They had a 1.5Tsi manual (I ordered the 1.5 DSG) to drive, and a 2.0Tdi Edition spec to look around in. One thing I noticed, in the back where the Euro models have a proper two-prong power socket, the UK one only seemed to have a cigarette socket. 

46 minutes ago, cjrp said:

One thing I noticed, in the back where the Euro models have a proper two-prong power socket, the UK one only seemed to have a cigarette socket. 

On the Continent, i) it's an extra cost €180,00 option, and ii) while it is a 230v power socket, it's only rated at 150W.

1 hour ago, cjrp said:

Went down to the Crawley dealer to look at their Karoq, ended up getting a test drive and placing an order! They had a 1.5Tsi manual (I ordered the 1.5 DSG) to drive, and a 2.0Tdi Edition spec to look around in. One thing I noticed, in the back where the Euro models have a proper two-prong power socket, the UK one only seemed to have a cigarette socket. 

Curious to know how you found the 1.5 to drive?  

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

On the Continent, i) it's an extra cost €180,00 option, and ii) while it is a 230v power socket, it's only rated at 150W.

mayve they couldn't physically fit UK Socket ? eu version is only two pin flat

15 minutes ago, Ricey7000 said:

Curious to know how you found the 1.5 to drive?  

Thanks!

Very nice, coming from a 2008 2.2Ctdi Civic. Ride was much more comfortable, but still firm enough that you didn't feel completely disconnected from the road. Engine had to be revved a bit more than the Civic (to be expected, going Diesel -> Petrol I suppose) but didn't feel like it was lacking any pace. There was quite a lot of road noise, but doing the same route after in my car it was *really* noisy so I think it was just a particularly bad surface. Engine was very quiet and smooth, and I noticed even when we were going a steady 30mph the cylinder deactivation kicked in; I thought that would only happen in 6th gear on the motorway, so it's nice to see you'd get the efficiency around town as well.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Very nice, coming from a 2008 2.2Ctdi Civic. Ride was much more comfortable, but still firm enough that you didn't feel completely disconnected from the road. Engine had to be revved a bit more than the Civic (to be expected, going Diesel -> Petrol I suppose) but didn't feel like it was lacking any pace. There was quite a lot of road noise, but doing the same route after in my car it was *really* noisy so I think it was just a particularly bad surface. Engine was very quiet and smooth, and I noticed even when we were going a steady 30mph the cylinder deactivation kicked in; I thought that would only happen in 6th gear on the motorway, so it's nice to see you'd get the efficiency around town as well.

how did you know that the cylinder deactivation kicked in?