What annoyed you today?

Aspman

My mate Mike has just scrapped ‘my’ B5 Passat (okay, maybe I sold it to him seven years ago) because the alternator belt snapped :crying:

He’s replacing it with an 11 year old petrol Picasso with 99k miles on the clock. He was due to pick it up from a car sales place yesterday. It wasn’t ready because it failed the MOT. It needs welding!

He’s still thinking about buying it.

Sheesh :thinking:

RIP T735. Put to sleep before your time.

G

1 minute ago, V6TDI said:

My mate Mike has just scrapped ‘my’ B5 Passat (okay, maybe I sold it to him seven years ago) because the alternator belt snapped :crying:

He’s replacing it with an 11 year old petrol Picasso with 99k miles on the clock. He was due to pick it up from a car sales place yesterday. It wasn’t ready because it failed the MOT. It needs welding!

He’s still thinking about buying it.

Sheesh :thinking:

RIP T735. Put to sleep before your time.

G

I assume he's now your " Ex Mate Mike "....................................

46 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I assume he's now your " Ex Mate Mike "....................................

Nah, he just needs people to make allowances.  You can't help but like him :mmm:

According to Mike, it was the 'starter motor belt' that failed.  So he knew there was no point in trying to start it again.  What's the betting he didn't take the Thule Aerobar kit off the roof rails before it went either.  I'm sure my weekly rag has a charity advert in it with the strapline 'We'll never put a healthy Passat down', or something like that.

He's had a Picasso before.  That one killed itself with fire.

Horses and water.  C'est la vie :thinking:

Gaz

'Head for thinking', 

Is he getting it for a few hundred quid with a MOT knowing that there will be a scrappage scheme giving you a voucher for £6,000 off cars Pre -registered & unsold cars from July / August in the UK, (pre WLTP)

this being Introduced from April 2019 just after Brexit & on Petrol & Diesels over 10 years old & you owned them at least 8 months.

Otherwise he is nuts.

Edited by Offski

39 minutes ago, Offski said:

Is he getting it for a few hundred quid with a MOT........

Otherwise he is nuts.

No George, I expect he'll have paid the full ticket price, without a thought.  The used car centre generally doesn't have anything below £3k, but the ad's gone, so I can't confirm this.

Not so much nuts as not worldly wise on such matters and too trusting.

G

• Like 1

I am never moving house again.

5hours of sweating and bending over emptying the attic in the old house. 

90% of it down, 30% of it moved to new house. 

50% of the total mass is likely for the bin... 

Genuinely wouldnt have been too bad if id had a little help, but everyone is f'ing busy this weekend. Literally made 100+ trips up and down the step ladder with every bag and box of crap with me.. 

Tip for anyone buying a new house - 

Make it a complete fresh start.

Bring your passport and other important documents with you. 

Everything else, just leave it behind for the new owners to throw out.

Dont even bring your clothes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People cycling at night without bike lights, was driving home yesterday night and i almost ran over a cyclist that had no reflective clothes or lights on his bike, yet it would have probably been my fault for not being aware of my surroundings. Absolute idiot

On 06/07/2018 at 11:57, Aspman said:

Leaving this morning, I'd managed to block myself in. My drive has two gates, one never used because it's a bit buggered. I thought I'll open the buggered one and drive out easily.

Turns out the other reason the gate is never used is because the turn at that part of the drive is much tighter. Muggins being stubborn reckons he can make it, which he would have had he not failed to put the car in reverse when he mean to.

An evening with T-cut awaits me :dull:

T-Cut.jpg.4cab605a1dac168d74d0ec2c17d729de.jpg

• Like 1

Not today but this week.

Had get the cat put down. His heart had gone.

RIP Kenneth :sadsmile:.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Probably not particularly new or original but -  parking.

Supermarket car park only about half full, park in the most deserted part, furthest from building. Come back out 10 minutes later nothing much changed but car still had to park uncomfortably close to mine, could start to get a bit paranoid.

• Like 2

The local council???

A couple of weeks back they resurfaced the road which I thought was stranger as they hadn't reset manhole covers to suit and we ended up with Manholes about 40mm below tarmac level...   so today they came out, sawcut and dug out the new tarmac to remove and reset the manhole covers...   Madness!

Oh and the Civic - I took it for a spin as I haven;t used it for ages and managed to blow an indicator bulb - which is a wheelarch liner off job...

1 hour ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

When you spend a few hours cleaning the car and a quick rain shower turns it filthy again.

Davy

Or you wash and dry the car, missus calls you in for lunch. Go back out and realise the farmer in the field opposite had already started trailoring off his bales and was getting closer to roadside, then we had a light rain shower.  I went out and it was covered  in a layer of dust and rain spots, rinsed off and dried again. I still had to dust it off later, farmer still working in the field, why did I bother today/ :notme:

Edited by MickA

The rattly, uncomfortable, noisy, bucket of of crap i was given as a temp vehicle while the work van is gone for its 30k km service, and a new cvrt and tax disc. I drove 20miles to my base depot and dumped it there, and took the inshi7nia home instead, which threw a wastegate actuator related limp mode hissy fit along the way...

Ugh....

15 hours ago, skomaz said:

Oh and the Civic - I took it for a spin as I haven;t used it for ages and managed to blow an indicator bulb - which is a wheelarch liner off job.

This is getting annoyingly common these days; ISTR that some Renaults actually demand the removal of the entire front bumper to change front bulbs!  :swear:

The Citroen failed its MOT yesterday. One of the rare occasion I’ve had a car fail. Only had the car a month and was bought for running the dog around after we sold the wife’s BMW 120 coupe, which had been faultless. 

The Citroen failed on rear brake pads less than 1.5mm. It was a surprise as the last service and mot invoice had the pads and fluid replaced. Replacing the pads and they were paper thin in less 8000 miles since they were supposed to have been replaced. The fluid was filthy too at the caliper but clear in the reservoir so assuming they just drained the reservoir and topped it back up. Since the cambelt was supposed to have been replaced too I’ve now lost faith if any of the work had been done. I’ve now got it restested and a fresh mot certificate but think I will part ex the car instead of trying to fight the garage for work not done as it will be very hard to prove. I’m not annoyed at the seller as I think he was conned but at the rip off garage. 

15 hours ago, skomaz said:

The local council???

A couple of weeks back they resurfaced the road which I thought was stranger as they hadn't reset manhole covers to suit and we ended up with Manholes about 40mm below tarmac level...   so today they came out, sawcut and dug out the new tarmac to remove and reset the manhole covers...   Madness!

Oh and the Civic - I took it for a spin as I haven;t used it for ages and managed to blow an indicator bulb - which is a wheelarch liner off job...

Is there no access panel in the wheel arch

57 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@CWARD - Well, the instructions for changing front bulbs on my sister's Jazz start "Put the steering on full lock and remove the wheel arch liner..."

When the Mazda's headlight bulb went I looked on t'interweb for instructions and they all said the same – turn full lock, remove the liner, and even better, the whole bumper. Screw that, I thought.

Anyway, with a bit of hand scraping and cursing I replaced it from the top. I've done a couple now, both sides, and it's a piece of cake. Sometimes the internet is wrong. Who'd a thunk it :biggrin:

• Haha 1