What annoyed you today?

Aspman

The some of the very strange decisions made by management at work - why they promote some people is beyond me...   it certainly doesn't help with motivation for the rest, send the wrong messages and simply leads to people being disenfranchised and lacking engagement.

Hey ho - I guess it still pays the bills...

Sunday - waking up at 5am to the sound of mini-mac calling me and mama. Discovering hed puked all over himself.

Spending the next 2.5hrs being puked on repeatedly.

Going to work at 730am to cover "a handy shift" that became a pita.

Getting home to mini-mac not keeping down water. Trip to out of hrs gp, and a paediatric AnE later him getting his first IV line ever put in for fluids :(

9pm, let bring him home, all good.

Monday 10am... took the day off to chill after the day before... more puke.

Monday 3pm, back in AnE, more fluids.. and glucose boosters.

I took an AL/Force Majeur today so i could do the overnight in hopital, let swmbo get some decent sleep.

Tuesday 530am wide awake in a bright hospital room, listening to the ding ding dong of the iv pump reporting a stoppage because mini-mac kept rolling on top of it...

5pm, finally settled stomach and let bring him home again... if he pukes again i. The next 4yrs ill become an alcoholic..

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Sunday - waking up at 5am to the sound of mini-mac calling me and mama. Discovering hed puked all over himself.

Spending the next 2.5hrs being puked on repeatedly.

Going to work at 730am to cover "a handy shift" that became a pita.

Getting home to mini-mac not keeping down water. Trip to out of hrs gp, and a paediatric AnE later him getting his first IV line ever put in for fluids :(

9pm, let bring him home, all good.

Monday 10am... took the day off to chill after the day before... more puke.

Monday 3pm, back in AnE, more fluids.. and glucose boosters.

I took an AL/Force Majeur today so i could do the overnight in hopital, let swmbo get some decent sleep.

Tuesday 530am wide awake in a bright hospital room, listening to the ding ding dong of the iv pump reporting a stoppage because mini-mac kept rolling on top of it...

5pm, finally settled stomach and let bring him home again... if he pukes again i. The next 4yrs ill become an alcoholic..

Been there mate, hope the little 'un is feeling better.

You can look forward to getting it now. Norovirus is doing the rounds even though it is summer.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, skomaz said:

The some of the very strange decisions made by management at work - why they promote some people is beyond me...   it certainly doesn't help with motivation for the rest, send the wrong messages and simply leads to people being disenfranchised and lacking engagement.

Hey ho - I guess it still pays the bills...

Management will NEVER promote the really capable - too much of a threat ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, punyXpress said:

Remember the old adage - everyone gets promoted to one grade higher than that which they are capable of.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Remember the old adage - everyone gets promoted to one grade higher than that which they are capable of.

One grade higher????

@CWARD @Aspman

Thanks guys, 

Yeah, im counting down to my first puke... 

He seemed a lot happier in himself this morning when i was heading to work.

Incredibly pi$$ed off we wouldnt give him a yoghurt, but otherwise content..

Paeds ward was full of kids getting fluids after puking for hours.. i dunno how those nurses and docs can deal with it tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, punyXpress said:

yeah - they seem to promote the ones in their own image that are good at talking, as opposed to doing, and say what they want to hear - either that or the ones they are 'mates' with...

• Like 2

Leaving this morning, I'd managed to block myself in. My drive has two gates, one never used because it's a bit buggered. I thought I'll open the buggered one and drive out easily.

Turns out the other reason the gate is never used is because the turn at that part of the drive is much tighter. Muggins being stubborn reckons he can make it, which he would have had he not failed to put the car in reverse when he mean to.

An evening with T-cut awaits me :dull:

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Aspman said:

Leaving this morning, I'd managed to block myself in. My drive has two gates, one never used because it's a bit buggered. I thought I'll open the buggered one and drive out easily.

Turns out the other reason the gate is never used is because the turn at that part of the drive is much tighter. Muggins being stubborn reckons he can make it, which he would have had he not failed to put the car in reverse when he mean to.

An evening with T-cut awaits me :dull:

Doh...   You must be sooooo annoyed with yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 06/07/2018 at 23:39, mac11irl said:

I just hope it was the mini not the Beemer :D

Nope :dull:

Worst of it came out with T-Cut. TBH the worst of it was actually old paint from the gate coming off onto the car. I have scraped it a little though. Luckily it's on the bumper plastic so no risk of rust.

Still....arse!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the other car out down to Asda so thought I'd stick some fuel in it ready for a drive out tomorrow. First pump was out of order on the petrol nozzle, only noticed this after I'd inserted my debit card. I had to cancel the sale and got my card returned, went to next available pump, the card was refused.....grrr! Gave up went in Asda did my shopping returned to the petrol pumps tried a different pump, still refused.....double grr! :wait:

I've got a back up card which I've not used in a while, could I remember the pin number?......triple grrr! 

We only have pay at pump at our local Asda, so I couldn't even pay at the shop.:notme: I gave up and went home, try again tomorrow armed with cards and pin numbers.:biggrin:

Dacia drivers. Not just today but for the last few weeks. 

Car in front is doing 20mph in a 30 and the roads are clear, it’s a Dacia with a moron behind the wheel

The car aisle has ground to a halt,  it’s a Dacia with a moron trying to get into a the same space they’ve attempted for the fifth time. 

The traffc lights change to green but only one car gets through, it’s a Dacia driver at the front who took so long to set off no one else got through. 

Massive queue at a junction, yes it’s a Dacia driver who can’t pull out even with a huge gaps in the traffic. 

Is there some law that excuses Dacia drivers from engaging their brain to drive.

Other than Dacia drivers everything else is great 

6 hours ago, CWARD said:

Is there some law that excuses Dacia drivers from engaging their brain to drive.

Other than Dacia drivers everything else is great 

They bought a Dacia.. there may not be a brain to engage?? :D

and i agree... ive encountered dozens of them being driven by an army of unable morons.

My current pet pieve is BMWi drivers “Bought Mine Without Indicators” twice this morning two numpties tried to turn in my motor and where sealed from attack by the dreaded Skoda horn.

Edited by Jfhuk

As a BMW driver I can let you know the secret of why most drivers don’t use the indicators. They’re ridiculously sensitive. You indicate left or right and it takes ages to cancel so you try to knock the indicator off and before you know it your signalling the opposite way. You try to knock it off again and your back to signalling again. This carries on for ages, the drivers behind you think you’ve lost the plot or the car is possessed. Not indicating at all only leads to one moment of the driver behind having to guess what the BMW driver is doing rather than a few hundred metres of what the hell. 

I like to use my indicators and let people out of junctions, it really confuses other drivers :biggrin:

• Like 1

They will have mastered, like I have, the soft touch required to operate BMW indicators :D   It will have been part of their Class 1 Advanced drivers course hence with you don’t see BMW's used as panda cars. 

• Haha 2

Personally I find the lack of indicators is not just a BMW option now. A bit like no headphone jack on your phone it's all the fashion to remove them.

I watch Police Scotland drivers in BMW's & on BMW's Marked & Unmarked and in Training Vehicles with a sign saying 'Training Vehicle' and they do not indicate, and the Unmarked ones try to move you out the lane by tailgating and flashing lights just like many civilian drivers do. 

They even do it to you when you are driving a BMW.

I like to clean their windscreen for them.   If their training and not allowed blues and twos then they can practice being delayed, if they are following covertly they are crap at it, 

the uniforms and 4 or 5 up give them away.

No idea why the Police Fords Connect etc think indicators are not required in towns, who do they think they are, 'meals on wheels' vans and not just out collecting the shifts meals.

PS, 

BMW 1 Series a very common 'Driving Instruction car', much cheapness.

http://billplant.co.uk/driving-school-franchise/instructor-cars 

Edited by Offski

Lately ive noticed the door handles bigger than beemer drivers for bullying and not signalling are mid fifties men in Kia Sportages and Santa fes  who seem to think they are on a tarmac section of the Dakar rather the M8 southbound toll section...