What annoyed you today?

Aspman

today is my first day having to physically attend work since mid March.

its annoying because i will be out on track - forecast is 25c. which means on track will be more like 35-40....

hoping to get done and off again quickly!

10 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

today is my first day having to physically attend work since mid March.

its annoying because i will be out on track - forecast is 25c. which means on track will be more like 35-40....

hoping to get done and off again quickly!

That sounds like rubbing it in rather than an annoyance...wait until tomorrow at least for the UK it's going to rain a fair but... we need it though

10 hours ago, Redboy said:

That sounds like rubbing it in rather than an annoyance...wait until tomorrow at least for the UK it's going to rain a fair but... we need it though

no, definitely not rubbing it in.

trekking 4-5miles in steel toes and shanked boots, work pants and 100% nylon hivis carrying a 10kg backpack of equipment on rough ground is the opposite of fun in the sun.

at least the roads were quiet... ish

Apparently my credit rating has dropped from excellent to good?

Why? apparently its because I opened a new bank account.

What can I do to improve this - take out another £10k of credit or get a mortgage. Neither of which I need.

But then I suppose if I don't need credit, why worry about a credit score.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aspman said:

Apparently my credit rating has dropped from excellent to good?

Why? apparently its because I opened a new bank account.

What can I do to improve this - take out another £10k of credit or get a mortgage. Neither of which I need.

But then I suppose if I don't need credit, why worry about a credit score.

Is this the https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/ rating?

If so, then you'll be amused to hear mine has dropped 21 points for absolutely NO reason at all as we've changed nothing at all recently.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 19:40, mac11irl said:

no, definitely not rubbing it in.

trekking 4-5miles in steel toes and shanked boots, work pants and 100% nylon hivis carrying a 10kg backpack of equipment on rough ground is the opposite of fun in the sun.

at least the roads were quiet... ish

Can sympathise- been there , done that and got the T shirt. One of the things guaranteed to get you hot is a  HiViz nylon shirt or nylon HiVis vest. We had steel toed boots and steel plated soles. The only thong we didn't have ( cue a song from South Pacific) ,was that we don't have drinking water ( soz folks, it's not dames)

Why is it every time I pick up a new car (new to me) the dealer can't fit the rear number plate level.🤬 How hard can it be? Oh, it took me all of 5 minutes to fit it straight and level.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, moley said:

Why is it every time I pick up a new car (new to me) the dealer can't fit the rear number plate level.🤬 How hard can it be? Oh, it took me all of 5 minutes to fit it straight and level.

As a certain Scotsman told us many moons ago, dealers use a precision template to fit number plates at 15 deg off horizontal.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

@xman  did i not say something in a non serious way that Arnold Clark (not Clarke) staff must have a template to fit them on squint?

I have done over the years.

What annoys me is those with poor memories or that refer to people in ways other than their name or handle like the member posting above.  'irony'..

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/348797-arnold-clarke-stickers

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/398828-removing-dealer-stickers

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@xman  did i not say in a none serious way that Arnold Clark (not Clarke) staff must have a template to ft them on squint?

Did I say something too subtly again? But then again all those double negatives leave me confused as to what is being said.

It was meant to be both a joke and a complement to said certain Scotsman for pointing out the inevitability.

My rear number plate was stuck on at 15 deg clockwise and one inch and a half inches too low. After going back and complaining they took an hour to peel it off and restuck it almost level and only 3/4 inch too low. And now the plate and plastic frame is curved badly outwards and flaps at the ends.

All part of the service sir...

• Sad 1

There is a member from South of the Scottish Border and one from a Celtic Nation in the South that refer to a certain Scotsman.

No idea if as well as disliking the member they have something about the country they come from.

Very annoying though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

There is a member from South of the Scottish Border and one from a Celtic Nation in the South that refer to a certain Scotsman.

No idea if as well as disliking the member they have something about the country they come from.

Very annoying though.

I think that MEMBER is not my biggest man either and I'm not even Scottish.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@xman  did i not say something in a non serious way that Arnold Clark (not Clarke) staff must have a template to fit them on squint?

I have done over the years.

What annoys me is those with poor memories or that refer to people in ways other than their name or handle like the member posting above.  'irony'..

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/348797-arnold-clarke-stickers

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/398828-removing-dealer-stickers

They can’t even put the advertising plates on straight. :)

0F3F1414-F243-4C79-A675-CF8AFA6FEA0F.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

have you all not realised they actully put them on perfectly level, with a spirit level, as per AC workshop oractice and guidelines.

its just that all the workshop floors have a slope to drain away vehilcular fluids that may leak/spill, so the cars are sitting tilted to one side....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mac11irl said:

have you all not realised they actully put them on perfectly level, with a spirit level, as per AC workshop oractice and guidelines.

its just that all the workshop floors have a slope to drain away vehilcular fluids that may leak/spill, so the cars are sitting tilted to one side....

Don't blame Tilt it's not his fault.

• Haha 1

This didn't really annoy me but still... 

Phoned BMW to get a quote for a service and replacement brakes all round. After the poor woman struggled to get through to anyone she said they'll phone back

Phoned local garage to quote for brakes (car has extended warranty so servicing is dealer). 

Sit down she says and get a brandy - £500.

Tbh I thought it would be more. 

5hr later BMW phones back. £1200 to do the same work on the brakes. £1200.

£250 for the service which is fine but the brakes. Crazy prices. 

• Sad 1

Shower is broken. We're at the wim of the landlord if it'll get fixed.

Even if he's a good lad and wants it fixed pronto it'll be an insurance job so we'll be showerless for a while.

7 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Shower is broken. We're at the wim of the landlord if it'll get fixed.

Even if he's a good lad and wants it fixed pronto it'll be an insurance job so we'll be showerless for a while.

Has your builder given you a completion date between 2020 and 2025? BMW Dealer prices have always been based upon how much the company car market will accept rather than reality.

Completion date is july 31 + covid lockdown. 

Which is completely unrealistic imho. Hoping to get in for xmas. 

Just to add. 

After the shower the toilet immediately blocked (fixed)... 

And the wc bog lid came loose. But obvs its not a normal screw to tighten and I'll need to go into the storage unit to retrieve my tools to use a box spanner to fix. 

• Thanks 1