What annoyed you today?

Aspman

36 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Decided on the new layout for the walkin wardrobe. Designed on Ikea designer thingy last weekend.

€84 for delivery! Fk that, going up tomorrow solo to collect it.

Take out car seat this evening, drop the back seats etc and throw measuring tape up the car... caught for 4inches on the bloody box fitting through the cabin in a way id be comfortable driving 2hrs beside on the motorway.

And why.... because the frigging head rests dont seem to come out of the inshi7nias seats. I reckon id got them into the octy!

So, increasing the order, need some other bits n bobs and paying the goddamn shipping charge

Managed to get 8 pieces of 18mm MDF 2440 X 610mm in the back of a Fabia Estate once with the tailgate closed. Amazing considering how short the car was.:D

9 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Managed to get 8 pieces of 18mm MDF 2440 X 610mm in the back of a Fabia Estate once with the tailgate closed. Amazing considering how short the car was.:D

Easily doable, had 6 sheets of commercial grade 22mm 2440x610 in the octy along with a load of other bits for scratch rebuilding the kitchen units in our old house. They fit through from the parcel shelf to the dash, with the passenger seat adjusted to support them in the middle. And a strap around then and the grab handle to stop sliding sideways. 

It was fine as i was only going about 15miles from my cabinet makers place to home (he knows i like to do this stuff myself :D

but having to drive around the M50 in Dublin and the multilane accident hot zone it is, then 2hrs down the motorway with all the passenger side views really obstructed... just didnt balance as worth the risk increase for the 50quid i was saving on the delivery charge allowing for diesel consumption to do it myself.

Me!

Put the washing on at 7am thought I'll get that load done before I leave for work.

Forgot to press the button properly.

Feck all washing done by 8:30.

• Haha 1

People who seem to be unable to spot a bright red Suzuki Swift with the lights on!

I've had four people in the last couple of days who have nearly driven into me - two wanting to go left into my lane when I'm alongside, one bus pulling out into me and one old bugger in an Evoque who pulled onto a roundabout and then panicked and stopped directly in front on me as I was circulating...   it's a good job the Suzuki has good brakes

I know it's small but the lights are bright...   do I need one of those fluorescent flags that cyclists have as well??

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

People who seem to be unable to spot a bright red Suzuki Swift with the lights on!

I've had four people in the last couple of days who have nearly driven into me - two wanting to go left into my lane when I'm alongside, one bus pulling out into me and one old bugger in an Evoque who pulled onto a roundabout and then panicked and stopped directly in front on me as I was circulating...   it's a good job the Suzuki has good brakes

I know it's small but the lights are bright...   do I need one of those fluorescent flags that cyclists have as well??

Have found over many years driving that other motorists tend to take liberties with drivers of small cars.:sweat:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Have found over many years driving that other motorists tend to take liberties with drivers of small cars.:sweat:

hmmm...   I think other drivers expect it to be plodding along slowly as well...   which it doesn't!

People who cant be bothered to return their shopping trolley back to the bay, wastes parking space and causes damage when the wind pushes them into a car, all because some lazy idiot couldnt be bothered to take his trolley back

15 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

On what was my regular commute to work people would regularly pull out in front of me on a roundabout when I was driving my Mini (original one!) but when I was driving a large A-class motorhome nobody ever pulled out in front of me at that roundabout...

Even now the difference in other drivers behaviour when driving my Octavia or my Citroen C1 is very noticeable :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

On what was my regular commute to work people would regularly pull out in front of me on a roundabout when I was driving my Mini (original one!) but when I was driving a large A-class motorhome nobody ever pulled out in front of me at that roundabout...

Even now the difference in other drivers behaviour when driving my Octavia or my Citroen C1 is very noticeable :blink:

Agree back in 2009 I bought my wife a 1.1litre Kia Picanto which served her well for 4 years when I had just bought a new Superb 2.0litre diesel. If I ever borrowed her car despite my best efforts to keep up with the traffic (60 odd bhp) people in larger cars would pull out of T-Junctions as I approached and pull out last minute in front of me on roundabouts so I ended up using her car horn much more than the Superb's because people didn't seem as brave when dealing with a much larger vehicle. In Kenya larger vehicles always BULLY smaller vehicles. Even saw a bus driver deliberately knock a motorcyle with passenger off when competing for the same bit of tarmac. The bus driver didn't stop. SHOCKING to witness such behaviour.:angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Stood on a cig butt yesterday and had to put up with the stink of it for 20min till I got home. Heavy rain so couldn't open a window. I was dry heaving at the smell.
    I thought when I'd come out of the supermarket someone smoking at teh door had flicked theirs and the wind had caught it and by fluke it ahand ended up in my shopping but no it was just stuck to my foot.

2. Heavy traffic this morning so ended up taking an alternaytive route. Some numpty who would not pull out at a  junction when he had a space decide the best idea was to half pull out and sit in the middle of the road then not take the next 3 opportunities to move off. He only moved when the whole queue started on their horns. I assumed he was one of the recently deceased but he wasn't he was a MAMIM, Middle aged man in MPV.
  • Haha 2

On 19/11/2018 at 20:51, Vrsboi said:

People who cant be bothered to return their shopping trolley back to the bay, wastes parking space and causes damage when the wind pushes them into a car, all because some lazy idiot couldnt be bothered to take his trolley back

How do they retrieve their £1 if they don't return it?

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

I took the dog for a walk last night and spent more time dodging dog muck than enjoying the walk. Why can’t people take a bag to pick up their own dogs mess :@

Ah what baffles even more; people who do actually pick it up in a poop bag but then chuck the bag in a tree, in a verge, etc.  

Edited by penguin17
  • Confused 1

The excuse is that they will pick it up on their way back but we all know that's just rubbish. I don't enjoy carrying it myself but it's part and parcel of having a dog.

^^^ I've been supplied with a council no dog fouling sign, I put it on the fence 2 days ago. Fetched the wheelie bin in yesterday and stood in some dog s--t doing so.

It's obvious, dogs can't read. :)

Should be thankful that the sign's still there, the last one got ripped off within a few days, maybe the dogs couldn't reach that high this time. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like my ABS pump is packing up.... ABS kicked in when not really braking hard, tried to cadence brake....pedal to the floor! Thankfully the slip road had a grass verge I could avail myself of otherwise I'd have been in the back of stationary cars at about 40-50mph :blink:. Rang my mechanic who says theres good news and bad news. New pump would be over £1k....but you can get them refurbed for about £200! ....but it takes 2 weeks turnaround and I have to use the car daily for work and can't be without it for that long. :dry: Not going my way this year!

• Sad 1

the idiot it a Discovery who decided to pull out of a parking space without indicating whilst I was stationary in a queue alongside...  basically an idiot in a big 4x4 trying to bully me out of the way in my little swift.

Needless to say he didn't succeed but then had the audacity to mouth off at me further down the road at a two lane section at traffic lights when he could pull alongside.  I politely asked him to try not to pull out into me and then ignored him as he continued to rant.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly getting mown down by a disabled driver diving in BnQ car park diving for a blue badge space, we were on a zebra crossing at time. It was ok though he gave a little wave which made nearly killing us ok.

I've been run into twice by trollies in supermarkets in the two days.

Xmas rage is upon us

1322.png

• Like 1